TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

If anybody who knows where I could dl this episode or has a file they could send it to me a PM would be greatly appreciated. I found out that the time-shifting on my TV doesn't cover the channels showing The Office later tonight.

Thanks.

So did Ed actually get decapitated? I figured it was just Creed making a story out of Ed Truck's name ("head", "truck") and that's why everyone looked so disgusted at the announcement. I wasn't really sure though.

Decent episode, I didn't like it as much as I did last week but it was still good. "Did you check... your BUTT?" was possibly the dumbest thing any character has ever said on the show; I laughed.

There's been too much crying this season. It was done perfectly with Michael tearing up during the Office Olympics closing ceremonies and it was even great with "I'm sorry I called you faggy," but the crying scenes from the last two episodes were a bit much.

Guest Felonies!

I liked how they zoomed out to show Michael reading Kubler-Ross's stages of grief off the monitor, and then zoomed back in.

Guest Felonies!

The good grief line would've been line of the night had it not been for Kevin being too obvious.

The good grief line would've been line of the night had it not been for Kevin being too obvious.

What'd Kevin have to do with it?

I can read just fine, smartass.

As written, this sentence implies Kevin's "being too obvious" somehow brought down a joke in a scene he wasn't even in. Hence, my confusion.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

No, it means it would've been line of the night, had it not been for Kevin's completely different scene, where he was being too obvious. Hence, Felonies! felt Kevin's line was the best of the night.

In Superjerk's defense, there is a level of ambiguity in Czech's sentence ... it's written in a way that one could presume that Kevin being too obvious in that scene is what prevented it from being the funniest line of the night.

Guest Felonies!

Yeah, I didn't phrase it well because I figured it was obvious what I was talking about. Who cares, though? Move along, for God's sake.

Every line Dwight had was awesome - from his argument with Creed about human/chicken instant death ("the way to go"), the Ed Truck statue/robot (with a six foot extension cord to keep it on a leash when it turns on everyone), his wishes for his body after death, his grandpa being stuffed into an oil drum, always having his recorder ready... wow. GREAT Dwight episode. I really thought Creed was going to have line of the night with his "what did I say?" interaction with Dwight, but the ball of grief scene took it. The good grief line is what I laughed loudest at despite the fact I kinda saw the punchline coming.

'That is not the way for a Dundler-Mifflin manager to go. Cold, alone, without even his own head to comfort him.'

'If I can get them depressed, I've done my job.'

I think it was quite clever how Michael didn't really care about Ed dying at the start of the show, and the only reason he made such a big fuss out of it as the show went on is because it made him reflect on dying alone himself, and he got worried that no one in the office would care when he dies, just like most didn't care about Ed. I loved that Pam knew all of that, and did her part to help Michael feel better. Just another aspect of that character that I love.

This show had so many great lines, I wouldn't even know where to start.

"They discovered I had resorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No. I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby..."

"His cappa was detated!"

"There is such a thing as good grief - just ask Charlie Brown."

"If I can get them depressed, then I'll have done my job."

"This isn't a game, people!"

"Well, there is a ball."

"It feels like somebody took my heart, and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears and at the same time it feels like somebody is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then another guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone. And I'm crying, and nobody can hear me, because I am terribly, terribly...terribly alone."

"Toby killed this bird!" was probably my favorite line. That and Michael holding the meeting up for Pam, who thought that she was getting to skip it to be with Roy.

"Toby killed this bird!" was probably my favorite line. That and Michael holding the meeting up for Pam, who thought that she was getting to skip it to be with Roy.

The look on Pam's face had me cracking up for a good couple of minutes.

"Okay, now we can begin."

"...You were waiting for me?"

I think it was quite clever how Michael didn't really care about Ed dying at the start of the show, and the only reason he made such a big fuss out of it as the show went on is because it made him reflect on dying alone himself, and he got worried that no one in the office would care when he dies, just like most didn't care about Ed. I loved that Pam knew all of that, and did her part to help Michael feel better. Just another aspect of that character that I love.

This show had so many great lines, I wouldn't even know where to start.

"They discovered I had resorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No. I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby..."

"His cappa was detated!"

"There is such a thing as good grief - just ask Charlie Brown."

"If I can get them depressed, then I'll have done my job."

"This isn't a game, people!"

"Well, there is a ball."

"It feels like somebody took my heart, and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears and at the same time it feels like somebody is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then another guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone. And I'm crying, and nobody can hear me, because I am terribly, terribly...terribly alone."

Ah, the absorbed fetus was the other awesome Dwight line in a series of awesome Dwight lines. Also, with Michael, the idea of a sledgehammer being frozen for extra pain is something I found very amusing.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Jesus, learn how to read.
Did you happen to realize that, as written, you're telling Jesus to learn how to read?

Yeah, that son of a bitch is a dumbfuck.

Did you happen to realize that you already replied to me with this post, http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...t&p=2338732? Or do you usually need that extra time to come up with stuff like that super witty Jesus line. Boy, that was a good one.

Guest Felonies!

He's doing a film adaptation of Brief Interviews With Hideous Men? That's pretty cool.

Nobody cares but I pulled a Jim on a co-worker last night. Without the "I'm in love with you" part.

And didn't get rejected. Curry, 1. John Krasinski, 0.

Did you do it because you like the co-worker or so just you can trump Big Tuna?