TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

My original post pretty much echoed treble's comment.

"Why do they call him The Bus?"

"Cause he's afraid of flying."

And it was also nice to see Michael land a big deal for Dunder Mifflin. Every now and then, it's important to remind everyone why he is regional manager.

It was an enjoyable plot based episode. They established Michael is dating Carol, but then again he still thinks he's "dating" Jan so it's possible he's just twice as delusional now (though Michael and Carol dating is pretty likely based on past events).

I think my favourite part was Michael doing the talking head about long distance relationships with the Hammermill paper guy chiming in off camera, causing a reveal. I also enjoyed that leading to a rather big aquisition for Michael (it's nice to see him succeed when driven).

Jim walking in on Angela in Dwight's room was great. "Dwight got a hooker!" That, and Ryan's demeanor during the double-date, was some great stuff. Kinda slow, humor-wise, but it picked up after the 2nd commercial break.

And the black light gag at the end - yikes!

I really enjoyed the episode for reasons already listed but I didn't care for Jim telling Michael the reason he transferred was Pam then forgetting that Michael can't keep a secret and imploring him not to tell her. Sloppy writing unless it's revealed somehow that it was all a part of Jims plan to have Pam "accidentally" find out because of Michael.

I didn't like this episode as much as last week. I do appreciate that sometimes you have to move the plot along, but at the same time I like the purely funny episodes better personally. Creed once again had the scene of the week, now going 2 for 2. Also enjoyed Stanley and Phyllis talking to Pam and Ryan's actions on the date.

I really enjoyed the episode for reasons already listed but I didn't care for Jim telling Michael the reason he transferred was Pam then forgetting that Michael can't keep a secret and imploring him not to tell her. Sloppy writing unless it's revealed somehow that it was all a part of Jims plan to have Pam "accidentally" find out because of Michael.

I'm thinking Jim really doesn't care if Pam finds out or not. If she finds out and isn't interested, he stays in Stamford making big money. If she finds out and is interested . . . then that's where the writers step in.

Jim's over Pam, so I think he really doesn't care anymore if he tells Michael. I think he backpedaled b/c he didn't want Pam to get hurt.

This episode wasn't that funny, but it was still good. I think last year they were going balls out with funny episodes so they wouldn't get cancelled, now that they have security, they can concentrate more on telling a story.

I'm very intrigued as to where Tam is going.

Creed rules.

Okay I just need to clarify: was or wasn't that Angela on Dwight's bed?

Jim thought it was a hooker, but maybe she looks different nude?

Jim's not over Pam. Did you see his reaction when he heard she had a date? Or his disappointed look when he was late chiming in w/ his "hi" when Pam was on the phone?

He backpedaled because either: a) he doesn't want to come off to Pam as an emo bitch, or b) he doesn't want Pam to think he hates her now.

Okay I just need to clarify: was or wasn't that Angela on Dwight's bed?

It was Angela. Jim probably didn't get a good look because he turned away quickly. Either that, or Angela covered her face to surprise Dwight.

For me, the line of the night was when Dwight was telling Michael about the background check results.

Dwight, talking like he has some juicy insider info: "So I called my friend at the station, to have him do a background check on Josh!"

Michael: "And???"

Dwight: "He wasn't volunteering today."

Michael walks off disgusted.

1102361334_l.jpg

"Our ratings were AMAZING! Ratings are kind of a hard thing to explain. There are two sets of numbers: the total households that watch a show and the number of people in your targeted demographic that watch a show. One of the most important demographic to advertisers is the 18-34 age range…which happens to be our target demographic. So, those are the ratings where we really need to do well. WE KICKED ASS! They projected we would earn a 3.4 rating in our demographic. We earned a 4.7! These are some of our highest ratings yet. So, thanks for telling your friends!"

Jim's over Pam

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Jim is definetly not over Pam. But still stupid.

I can actually see Jim rejecting Pam if she goes for him as somewhat of a security-blanket kinda thing just to draw the relationship out more. Pam getting rejected would be an interesting swerve and a storyline where Pam is placed in Jim storyline would interest me.

Either that or Pam catches Jim with a girl and gets all shocked and such. For them to just hook up if/when Jim returns would be silly.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Episode 31 - The Coup - October/5th/2006.

An office power play ensues when ultraserious Angela, offended by Michael's various antics and his inefficient leadership, leans heavily on Dwight to make a push for Michael's job. Meanwhile, Pam puts on a lunchtime fashion show, and Jim's attempts to play a video game turn deadly...in a virtual sense.

The look Michael gave the camera was wonderfully evil.

I believe Toby was in the conference room when they watched Varsity Blues.

Oscar going on the vacation was a way to write him out for a few months as he got his own sitcom