TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

They made me care about Roy.

I didn't think that was possible.

I am a huge fan of the original version...and although I think the US version is "funnier" I still hold the British version as the best sitcom I've ever seen.

But seeing where this show is taking what is, at it's core, the original 4 characters, is amazing.

And currently (aside from Veronica Mars) the best show on TV.

Yeah, them deciding to actually have Roy character development was kind of a trip.

I bought the season 2 DVD because I didn't start watching until halfway through the season and wanted to see what I'd missed. The show titles (whch are usually a one or two word description of the situation the employees find themselves in) of the episodes are usually enough to get me laughing based on the potential for comedy each situation is ripe for.

Based on that premise, here are the titles for the next two upcoming season 3 shows:

"The Convention"

"The Coup"

I was thinking of the possibility of Michael somehow getting demoted with Jim being brought in as the new office manager. I'm sure it's fairly tempting for the writers of the show to see what happens with Pam working for Jim as his assistant.

Oh, and in "Take your daughter to work day" the look that Edward R. Meow gives young Michael after he drops his "Married with 100 kids" line is one of the most laugh-out-loud moments of the entire series.

"I don't care if Jesus walks through that door, he ain't gonna be able to help you!!!" ---- Stanley the Manly to Ryan from that same ep

Saw that ep for the 1st time last night and it was coke-spitting-inducing.

I re-watched Thursdays ep tonight, still awesome despite the more serious approach it took. Oscar and Roy getting genuine emotional context to work from was nice. I'm curious to see where they're going with Andy (Ed Helms) and Jim, in terms of their working relationship. It looks like they've got him pegged as the new Dwight but I hope it goes somewhere less predictable.

If the UK version of The Office is anything for us to go by:

The Stamford branch will be the one shut down, I believe after the boss over there gets a promotion. As a result, Jim will return to Scranton, along with the other worker's at the Stamford branch.

I just watched the episode last night as I was out of town since Thursday afternoon, I was quite happy. Stanley's talking head about trying to return the toaster was pretty good, as were the other lines already mentioned.

"Back in the 60's I made love to many, many women, often outdoors in the rain and mud. And if a man happened to, you know, slip in there......there'd be no way of knowing." - Creed, stealing the show

I re-watched Thursdays ep tonight, still awesome despite the more serious approach it took. Oscar and Roy getting genuine emotional context to work from was nice. I'm curious to see where they're going with Andy (Ed Helms) and Jim, in terms of their working relationship. It looks like they've got him pegged as the new Dwight but I hope it goes somewhere less predictable.

Naw...Dwight's more of an arrogant jackass. This new guy seems like more of a pure psycho.

So, is Dwight still a volunteer deputy sheriff? I finally got around to the deleted scenes on disc 4 of season 2 ("Conflict Resolution" has some awesome stuff) and, while probably not canon since it never aired, the two episodes after he turned his stuff in have deleted scenes talking about him still having that title. It was also shown that he was never supposed to have a badge or uniform in the first place.

Yeah, don't take any of the deleted scenes as fact or whatever. Many of the deleted scenes are just plot points that they decided not to go with, since many of them could change the character of many of the, well, characters on the show. They're funny as hell, but you can tell when a deleted scene was left out because of that instead of just time restraints.

It was also shown that he was never supposed to have a badge or uniform in the first place.

His uniform, I thought, had a "made it himself" vibe to it.

Guest Felonies!

Oh, I finally bought Season 2 of The Office. What took me so long? This is great stuff. I think the only drawback for me is that I won't really be able to watch more than two episodes in a row because it starts to get into that "painful to watch him suffer" territory. I have the same problem with Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I think they'll probably keep the Stamford office containted to Ed Helms and the chick that impersonates Jim well. I won't say why but if you read Downhomes spoilers on the previous page regarding the British version it makes sense why they wouldn't build up the entire office.

This thread, one episode into the seasons with another airing tonight, has over 25% the number of posts all of season 2 did. Good stuff.

Tonight:

Michael organizes a party in his hotel room when he, Dwight and Jan attend a convention in Philadelphia.

Well, wikipedia IS my number one source for news on wrestling / movies / TV shows / bios / video games / etc, and now that you mention it I do recall reading that note on wikipedia on Monday.

It's just that, much like with wrestling shows, I personally consider anything not mentioned on WWE.com or TNAwrestling.com's show previews to be a spoiler, even "non-spoiler match listings". That's just how we were brought up on EFNet, though (for the record, this is not at all intended as a negative comment towards you or anybody else).

Back on track, I'm looking forward to this episode.

Based on photos posted, I assume Jim also shows up at this convention and has screen time with Michael

Toby trying to get Pam's attention was the best part of the episode. Also, Creed introducing himself to Meredith and telling her about 'Andrea'. And Stanley's one line was awesome.

I loved Creed calling Angela by the wrong name as well as Phyllis of all people telling Pam to put out.

Good episode this week; not great. Interesting storyline development. Toby's gonna chase that feeling. Roy's confrontation with Toby could be hysterical.