TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Wrestlemania 21 Commercial

I'll upload it right now. Just give me some time. It's about 18 megs, so however long that takes on YouSendIt for a fast connection.

I hate these commercials. How they would entice anybody to buy the show is beyond me. LOL HHH IS BRAVEHEART LOL OMG.

Guest Desperate Housewife

God Tawren, you really don't like anything the WWE does, do you. As I recall you didn't like the Rumble either.

Why is that, out of curiousity?

God Tawren, you really don't like anything the WWE does, do you. As I recall you didn't like the Rumble either.

Why is that, out of curiousity?

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=66587

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=66651

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=66324

Read all my posts in those, fucktard. I like things that don't suck. GASP. I'm one negative fuck.

I like the commercials for the most part, but they both seem to go on a little too long. And I loved Flair going into HHH overshill, even though it's a little sad, it was pretty funny.

Although where was the water spit in all of this?

My complaint about these ads is that while they are fucking hilarious, they are less likely to pick up casual fans than the 'OMG WMania' ads they usually run. I mean, if you don't know who Eugene/HHH are, then the commercial loses a lot of its meaning, methinks. Ditto for the Rumble ad. They are funny to us because we know the wrestlers/gimmicks, but I'm doubtful these ads will draw new fans in.

I doubt Wrestlemania is really the best time to draw in new fans anyway, it's a $50 show. They need to get back the old fans, the ones that kept the ratings in the 5s and 6s.

1. Well, for one, everyone likes Smackdown to begin with, so that doesn't really count. Also, your support for the No Way Out ad is fine, but there's nothing wrong with a burst of creativity now and then.

I bet you wouldn't be complaining if it was Eddie Guerrero doing one, I think. (When is Eddy the absolutely inevitable Scarface one anyway)

2. Again, Smackdown is great to begin with, Paul Londona nd Akio getting 14 minutes regardless. Again, what exactly is the problem here

3. Same

Edited by Desperate Housewife

1. Well, for one, everyone likes Smackdown to begin with, so that doesn't really count.

What? Have you read this board? Most people hate Smackdown. Few watch it. Read that thread again - there are one or two comments of "this match sucks", a lot of stuff on the HOF, and me writing about the matches. How liking that stuff doesn't count is beyond me, you are going to have to expand on that.

Also, your support for the No Way Out ad is fine, but there's nothing wrong with a burst of creativity now and then.

I think the No Way Out ad is plenty creative. It gets over the brutality of the match, JBL's reluctancy to get in, Show's happiness over finally getting JBL and JBL having nowhere to go. Creative doesn't mean random and off topic.

I bet you wouldn't be complaining if it was Eddie Guerrero doing one, I think. (When is Eddy the absolutely inevitable Scarface one anyway)

I will be complaining. They are stupid. They have nothing to do with wrestling. They have nothing to do with the show. Regardless of who is in it, that remains the case. And for the record, I think Eddy and Booker are doing a Pulp Fiction one or something. Not Scarface.

2. Again, Smackdown is great to begin with, Paul Londona nd Akio getting 14 minutes regardless. Again, what exactly is the problem here

3. Same

What are you talking about? You said I hate everything. I point out with examples that I don't. Your answer makes no sense.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's freaking GOLDEN! hahahaha I never laughed so hard in my life hahahahahaha!

Which brings up a new point (maybe a new thread for this?)...

After seeing this commercial, during the serious parts, do you think Triple H could do good in a Hildago/Braveheart/Lord of the Rings type film? He looked pretty natural with his delivery there..

Nice to see Tawren COMPLETELY missing the point. The commercials are just like the Summerslam olympic ones. Or every Rumble one for the past few years. Fun. You know, what entertainment programs are supposed to be. You're not supposed to think 'wow, there's re-enacting the civil war in a wrestling ring, I want to buy the show'. What are they supposed to do with the commercials exactly? Sell it on an un-confirmed Batista/HHH match? Or the un-confirmed Smackdown match? Unconfirmed HBK/Angle? The uncompleted HOF line-up? "Wrestlemania 21...The Rock might be there, so buy buy buy!"

It's supposed to be something fun. To laugh at. And to play off the Hollywood theme. Not everything has to be completely focused on profits and workrate and buyrates, contrary to popular belief.

And besides...what's more memorable, an advert with Big Show talking in a Cage, or an advert with HHH as Braveheart riding a donkey?

I hate to be a pest.. but could anyone upload the Eugene/Regal one to yousendit, as well? Thanks.

Downloading Now.. feedback in a few. Thanks.

Had you asked yesterday I'd have gladly done it, but I deleted it off my hard drive.

I will be complaining. They are stupid. They have nothing to do with wrestling. They have nothing to do with the show. Regardless of who is in it, that remains the case. And for the record, I think Eddy and Booker are doing a Pulp Fiction one or something. Not Scarface.

Because a BARBED-WIRE STEEL CAGE MATCH truly epitomises what wrestling stands for. Yep, if Lou Thesz and Pat O'Connor were around today, they'd be duking it out in there, and not two slugs.

Face it, Vince McMahon has always seen the WWE as closer to Hollywood than to "pro-wrestling", this is just an extension of that.

Frankly, not to go way off topic here, but I found the segments TNA had at their PPV with "Vince McDaddy and His Son In Law" with the sledgehammer t be grossly more offensive to my intelligence than HHH pretending to be Braveheart and Ric Flair shitting on his legacy again

Loved it, but the Eugene one remains the best so far.

Surprisingly so, Trips DID look pretty natural in this type of role.

Nice to see Tawren COMPLETELY missing the point. The commercials are just like the Summerslam olympic ones. Or every Rumble one for the past few years.  Fun. You know, what entertainment programs are supposed to be. You're not supposed to think 'wow, there's re-enacting the civil war in a wrestling ring, I want to buy the show'.

Then why does it end with "WrestleMania 21" and the date of the show? Why not just do the spoof. IT'S A COMMERCIAL FOR WRESTLEMANIA. Of course it is being made to make you want to buy the show. That's what a commercial is.

What are they supposed to do with the commercials exactly? Sell it on an un-confirmed Batista/HHH match? Or the un-confirmed Smackdown match? Unconfirmed HBK/Angle? The uncompleted HOF line-up? "Wrestlemania 21...The Rock might be there, so buy buy buy!"

Yeah! If they can't come up with something better and one that relates to pro wrestling, they have to do lame movie spoofs! They have to make wrestling look unfunny and even more fake! That's the best they can do! And YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT!

It's supposed to be something fun. To laugh at. And to play off the Hollywood theme. Not everything has to be completely focused on profits and workrate and buyrates, contrary to popular belief.

If it isn't focused on buyrates, why are they even doing commercials? Why not just not do it?

And besides...what's more memorable, an advert with Big Show talking in a Cage, or an advert with HHH as Braveheart riding a donkey?

If they are going for memorability, why not do HHH flying through space with a laser show behind him as big dragons jump up and down and hot chicks get naked and masturbate each other on top of giant seizure robots? That's memorable, dammit, so it has to be great!

Because a BARBED-WIRE STEEL CAGE MATCH truly epitomises what wrestling stands for. Yep, if Lou Thesz and Pat O'Connor were around today, they'd be duking it out in there, and not two slugs.

Yes, because that is what I said. All wrestling needs to be two guys doing mat stuff for an hour. And nothing else. Thanks for getting what I am saying.

So, what's next?

Eddy, Booker and Rey Mysterio: If Tawren's right, go with Pulp Fiction, I keep seeing Rey as Marvin in the back of the car, and Eddie accidentaly shooting him

I'm curious would they be creative enough to have someone like Kane and Lita do a Silence of the Lambs one.

Batista: Rocky

Probably a Lord Of The Rings one aswell

Oh, and Wall Street, with you know who