Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I thought the Walken episode started out good with the questions from the audience segment and the Grease skit (I related to it as I just watched the movie all the way through for the first time last summer, I was surprised at what I had been led to believe was family friendly film that inspired Disney's HSM series got away with), but it went to hell after that.
  2. They were also the faces...
  3. Still waiting for the answer to "About?".
  4. I forgot TheSmartMarks.com was a real person. Sorry Sensei! (Of course this isn't MY thread, it's everyone's thread to wish well. So far I think I' secured some BPT votes for the 2009 tournament though! "Yeah, Slayer was ok in 2008 but mostly coasted on his laurels. Venkman wished me a happy birthday though!").
  5. I'm watching the ECW episode that's up now - the guy in the first match (Demian Stone) looks like Little Guido, and apparently is, good stuff. Pillman also looks pretty swank in that black suit with cane. Speaking of the opening match / angle, I've been wondering for awhile who this Damian Kane character is. He doesn't seem to stick out in the stories history of ECW as anyone I've ever heard of but he's been on the shows for awhile now as some big indy scene manager. It's nice they gave Tazz and Joey another new set, too.
  6. Happy Birthday to gary floyd, who I have heard of (and heard speak highly of me) and to Morningstar Smile, who I have never heard of but using what I assume to be black magic survived the pruning (that even some real members didn't) despite having a grand total of one post since 2006.
  7. About?
  8. The day is almost done but NYU turns the big 2-2, possibly making him the oldest person on the new admin team!
  9. Though I'm sure it's all coincidental, one could note that they resigned the day "Wrestling Custodians" became "The Cheech and Dandy Show". Note that Cheech commented here that he wasn't thrilled with how the thread title was changed to include his name, indicating undue pressure on him and possible backlash if the improvements failed and the whole thing "went up in flames".
  10. I find the application request problem has become very minimal thanks to the "block requests for this application" option. I'm also now seeing the previously mentioned "People You Might Know" bar on the main page, but I find it more handy than hurtful.
  11. I wonder if this show had the highest rating in TNT history... probably not. It's pretty out there and fun to watch, though.
  12. That Raw was pretty boring, though I was happy that this episode finally marked the debut of Shamrock's regular theme music. I also liked the guy with the "Vote Jeremy Borash - Marconi 97" (which would be about the Marconi Award for radio broadcasting, which is what Borash was doing in 1997).
  13. Coach: Can I ask you a question? MVP: No, you can't. Simple but made me laugh.
  14. This all seems a bit odd.
  15. The camera tripod in the bedroom that Michael forgot to put away was a funny touch. Dwight's line, "It's purely carnal. That's all you need to know" was my favourite line. It sounds like next week's episode about a parking space (at least in description) is more traditional Office fare.
  16. I had assumed with the light update load, this would be the week for the PYBO. One part of WWE.com's 24/7 page says it is, another doesn't, but either way Cogeco here doesn't have it. It's either late to the party or after one glorious month of having LOW, PYBO, and a recent PPV, we're already back to not having that. I don't even care about Badd Blood 2003, I just want to see Cogeco keeping up with the PYBOs.
  17. Cogeco was a bit late but all two update items arrived by the time I got home from work.
  18. Best birthday wishes to Cartman - his show of class at being soundly beaten by me in the BPT was a true showing of forumsmanship not often seen around these parts. Kudos, good sir.
  19. You cads and your "Nuprin" references...
  20. Having now watched the entire Prime Time show to see how the "Thursday" angle was played (where Monsoon comes around to think it's great and Bobby is on the phone trying to get them back on Monday), I thought this was a great edition of the show in terms of Heenan / Monsoon conflict. Also (and not to rip SKeith off for those that read his review of the show) it was pretty neat to see Young Hat Guy in his loud Hawaiian shirt (but no hat!) in the audience for whichever match was from Philly. Monsoon also introduced the first match of the show (Demolition vs. JYD/Animal Steele) as a "main event anywhere in the country". I love it when he says that.
  21. AWA Superclash and Fall Brawl 2000.
  22. He is? I think his conduct at Nancy Sullivan's funeral would disagree with you. Backstory?
  23. A reminder that in Canada, because The Score absolutely MUST show the NCAA game that already airs on network TV (seriously... I don't follow this at all. Are people going to say "Damnit I would rather have a running sports ticker and Canadian commercials, screw you CBS"?) Raw is on late tonight or 9pm eastern tomorrow night.
  24. I did too (actually it was more of "THAT person is a mod know?" reaction), then I realized everyone had it.
×
×
  • Create New...