Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I quite enjoy reading Scott's 24/7 rants and have actually exchanged a few messages about 24/7 via facebook / his blog, so yeah, I'll admit that.
  2. Too many today, but happy birthday CWM and the rest (such as kkk).
  3. Didn't bother last month since it was all non-rare WrestleMania matches, but here we go - The Shorties Thread! The camel in the Iron Sheik segment is kinda scary. I've never really seen a camel show it's teeth like that and make all those noises. I remember watching the death of Boo Bradley's cat in September 06 as a Territory shortie but it's still pretty amusing. The SMW's commentator just puts his heart into selling this whole angle and Foley's promo about Boots The Cat changing the twisted life of Boo around is pretty funny. Beth Phoenix looks great as the host and it's neat to see her basically talking as a regular person.
  4. Another encouraging sign for Canadian customers: We now have the American 24/7 program ratings (which is really redundant since they come after Cogeco's own VOD program rating, which they've updated to a new font, song, and voice - very jarring). Anyhow, that's one of those odd things where when I had to download the LOW shows I would see that 24/7 rating and think "I've never seen this".
  5. My service is something else right now... it must be an isolated problem to this market since 10 Pounds said he could watch the April preview show with his Cogeco, something I can't. Everything (with a few exceptions - the Jake / Savage incident and Part 2 of Wrestle War) is on my menu, but a LOT of it doesn't work. Raw won't being to play and Nitro played really oddly. During the opening Flair promo, it cut to a second of Jericho vs. Juvy, then back, then stopped due to an error. I played it again, FF past the freezing point, things seem to go ok and then I see a second of Flair and JJ strutting around during Jericho / Juvy. During the Hogan promo, the run time clock seems to jump back 10 minutes, then it stops forever when it's done with no chance of restarting it and passing this freeze point. Weird.
  6. Jericholic82 is from New York.
  7. Joey Bagadonuts
  8. That's an odd note. We'll have to wait and see.
  9. As I assumed, May's theme is Latino Legends, but the line-up seems quite changed from last May and it looks like the Shorties are going to be 10 Eddie Guerrero matches. I was hoping if this theme happened again this year Tito would be the HOFer, not Pedro, so I got my wish there.
  10. 68 + 65 does not equal 119 (also: a penny means one) so there's obviously a 4 point discrepancy as a result of alleged ballot stuffing for last minute MVP votes, but hey, not a bad idea.
  11. Yeah that was kind of bogus.
  12. They did the cross-promotion with Playboy via backstage antics at Mania XIX and it ended up with Coach in his underwear on stage with the Miller Catfight Girls. I'll take the advertised match.
  13. It's so weird to see that anytime I make a 24/7 post, it's listed as the latest post in the WWE folder. Truly, I (via my favourite On Demand channel) have made it.
  14. I actually don't like that Cogeco now sends me e-mails saying my complaint / issue would be best solved by an operator (and maybe they can set up a service call!). How would a service call help me get the programs they didn't put up? I'm thinking they have different auto-responses (since this is the 3rd differently yet very similarly worded e-mail I've received from them) set up by text recognition. It reads "VOD error" and assumes it's a problem on my end for some reason... I don't know.
  15. Hennig was a heel manager when Bret won the title, but your point still stands. I know I was taken off guard when I heard about it on Superstars.
  16. Totally not ripped off from The Pit but another home run by Kinetic. Happy birthday to Counter Terrorist Unit Jim and a life long Franchise Raper.
  17. I also assumed he was named Franchise Raper which made me laugh (sorry, TheFranchise). And yeah, this being TSM and all, we need a self congratulatory OAO birthday thread.
  18. Checking my e-mails, I see I missed the start of a pre-sale for Detroit's upcoming Raw that started this morning at 10am. Now the best ticket is in the 10th row of the upper deck. Hopefully that's just from the pre-sale batch and some lower bowl ones are available on Saturday.
  19. And of course that was an April Fool's joke. I kind of assumed that but thought it fit the theme of the next LOW roundtable.
  20. I'm having a content problem too (I only have MSG 77, Armageddon, and My Life available) but I chalked that up to Cogeco's poor VOD programming lately. The other VOD service I have for The Movie Network has had movies showing up late or on time but unable to play them due to a temporary VOD error. This was happening with 24/7 lately too - I would get all the updates at 12am but 1/4 - 1/2 of them wouldn't work until late Wednesday or Thursday.
  21. One of the comments on the youtube video of Vince and Taker giving Ric tribute says one was "officially announced for July 8th", but I'm not sure where.
  22. Good to note they're still filming all of that for future use.
  23. Matt "Michael Shane" Bentley? A Kane / Undertaker match featuring no signature moves and 10 minutes of wrestling before a double ko via big boots? Sounds... interesting.
  24. Vince and JJ Dillon were not on good terms, correct?
  25. Here's a funny newsbit from WO.com:
×
×
  • Create New...