Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Having seen hospital staff obsess over name brand coffee (in this case, Tim Horton's) opening a kiosk in a hospital first hand, I enjoyed that subplot quite a bit.
  2. Oscar - "Too soon".
  3. "I am not on the sign police if one actually exists at WWE events. I think the WWE is pretty liberal with what they allow. I don’t think fans should be able to bring any sign they want. Profanity and obscene signs should not be seen on TV. Nor should signs promoting other wrestling organizations" JR.
  4. Kelly's my favourite recurring character. Partially because of the effect she seems to have on Ryan, who seems to have no idea whether he wants to stay in the relationship or not. Loved how Jim used his position to trump Dwight. Not to mention the whole CIA thing. I guess there's no question as to who went to Sandals with Michael? I think that Ryan realllllllllly doesn't want to be in the relationship, but has no idea of how to handle that. Jim's pause when Dwight asked to be on the committee was great too. Then Dwight's reaction. I think that it's really set up that it is Jan who goes with Michael, but I wish they would have shown some lead up to that. It seems out of her character to just up and go with Michael with no tease before hand. Well she was upset about the Carol thing during Casino Night. Good episode, Michael photoshopping himself into a photo with Carol, ex-husband, and kids was great, the marker was great, the ongoing Dwight/Andy feud was great, etc. Andy: She's even more beautiful than you described Dwight, struggling to one-up him: Well... I think you described her just right!
  5. I was happy to see my cable company (Cogeco in Ontario) is once again updating 24/7 properly after a couple of shaky weeks. I watched the 11/4/96 Monday Night War (which would be the Gun incident Raw) this morning - even though I just recently saw all of the segments for the first time via the Pillman DVD, it was still pretty interesting and unusual to watch due to the way Vince was selling it during the show. He was going on about how close the lines of reality and what the World Wrestling Federation portrays can be so close, and later in the show how some people are too deep into believing in their characters. The same show had Sid yelling bullshit at HBK during an in-ring face to face interview and calling Jim Ross "fatso". I found that amusing.
  6. The reveal of The Real Double J singing at the July 95 PPV didn't come out on TV until the fall of 1996, when Jarrett signed with WCW. At least, they certainly portrayed that news as earth shattering when I was watching those Raws recently.
  7. Who remembers "Army Men"?
  8. Yeah, it's nothing on the grand scale, but keep in mind tigeraid is referring to Southern Ontario, not Western Canada or some state like Green Bay. Getting more than 4 inches of snow in a single fall is rare and annoying here.
  9. Queen of the fighters.

  10. I heard Home Alone 4 had the nerve to re-use the Mcalister family and change their ages and such and French Stewart was supposed to be playing Harry. If they needed to make it, which they didn't, I don't see why they couldn't have just used a new family or the family from the 3rd movie (which was already a sequel too many).
  11. You rule the WWE Fantasy scene.

  12. My time line might be a bit off, but Dan Akroyd was probably working in the 700th Ghostbusters III script when EGB came out. I don't really follow the legalese of the whole thing, but there was also something with EGB in regards to Sony (Columbia) owning the rights to make a new animated series but NOT the rights to the art designs from RGB (which CMW eluded to) so it ended up looking exactly like the MIB cartoon (which I'm sure was a cost cutting issue as well). I think I read one episode has a Dr. Venkman statue in a background but, like a WWF scratch logo, is blurred. There's probably a whole bunch of things we could say that are really obvious and some that aren't so much, but off the top of my head: "Vacation" - I actually JUST saw the first two Vacation films this weekend but I've been enjoying Christmas Vacation annually since 2000. I don't really think we needed a Vegas Vacation 8 years later, but that film is probably gold compared to the made for TV "Christmas Vacation 2" sequel. Speaking of made for TV sequels, what the hell was the deal with the 3rd Brady Bunch movie? Yeah, I think the first film is awesome and funny (yeah, I'll admit it) and the second one is ok, but did they need to make a 3rd one for TV years after the 1st movie was such a surprise hit? No. Same goes for the 3rd Addams Family (direct to video) film they made, which I guess was the basis for a new TV show that didn't last very long. More obvious choices would be Rocky VI or the upcoming (I think) Jurassic Park IV. JP3 was not really a welcome addition either.
  13. For TSM, yeah. It's not like they have ads popping up though.
  14. My main problem is the fact the opponents in SF can beat you with 4 hits, and I'm not a fan of the blocking. So far I've been jumping and kicking until I win, but this Lee character is destroying me. I suppose I could try doing special moves (instead of them just happening by accident) since I now realize the control input is not the same as the SF2 games.
  15. I'm having no problems in the profiles area with Firefox 2.0. Someone else I know had to allow pop-ups and everything began to work fine.
  16. So, in playing both of the Street Fighter games on CCC2, I'm finding both incredibly difficult (for different reasons) even on the easiest setting. I'm glad the goals for unlocking things aren't so difficult this time. What was the goal for unlocking some art last year... beat SF:CE on the hardest difficulty without losing a round? That alone made me use the "unlock everything" code the day I found it. I also find the placement of the cover of an old GamePro magazine in the background of at least two unlockables (Street Fighter hints, the only thing I've bothered with so far) kind of odd.
  17. "When first released, Phantasy Star IV retailed for $100. How much did you pay for this Collection? You're Welcome". Nice work to whoever wrote that on the SGC.
  18. Joey Styles had a funny line on the latest episode of the History of ECW. In talking about Wrestlepalooza and Lalapalooza, he said LP was about cutting edge music, like the music featured in ECW, "but you'll never hear it since we're not paying for the rights". Tazz then talked about how unoriginal a name like WP was and Styles shot back about how original the name "WrestleMania" is.
  19. Spiff rocks!

    Also, I was Tuxedo Mask. Shh!

  20. I like this guy. Knows his old wrestling.

  21. TS knows his gaming stuff. Huzzah.

  22. I enjoyed making the Nasty Boys cut promos on each other for some reason. I was watching the December 95 In Your House PPV and there was a piece where Dox Hayes reminded everyone Christmas was coming up and suggested calling some 1-800 number to purchase WM:TAG. They said the SNES retail price was $64.99 but the Genesis and PS2 versions were $10 cheaper. Why was the worst of the bunch $10 more? Although in that era I wasn't the one buying the games (and I only had the SNES - friends had the Genesis) but was the SNES game being more a common practice?
×
×
  • Create New...