DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Excellent stuff, though myself (and most people I talk) to to think much more highly of that 6 man tag match (I usually call it the 2nd best match on the show). I just want to clarify - I DO like WrestleMania III, I just felt like making a snap "it is?" comment to cabbageboy's "one of the best ever" comment.
-
Turtle was watching TUF in an episode this season, correct? Too late for this now, but TMN in Canada had a Season 2 marathon earlier today and is in the middle of a Season 3 one right now.
-
The IC title match made more sense as a PPV bout. Maybe they'll add Benjamin and Carlito and make it a four way on PPV... or maybe they just won't defend the IC title. Or maybe this match will not have a decisive ending.
-
It is?
-
Growing up I thought Kamala debuted in 1992 as I never saw him on old event tapes. This is really good stuff, and as previously mentioned is (currently, but will probably jump ahead) being written here as I am seeing it unfold on episodes of Primetime on 24/7. Can someone brief me on what happened to Tom Zenk? I know I've heard that he disliked Vince, but I never realized that the Can-Am Connection were groomed for a big tag title reign until reading these transcripts. The only match I've ever seen them in is from WrestleMania III.
-
That would be the one (MSG, 85)
-
I watched a match between Greg Valentine and Ricky Steamboat from 1985 on 24/7 last night. When I watch something from the 80s from the Fed, I usually expect some punchy-kicky-resthold stuff that I'll tell myself is entertaining because it's nostalgic and "that's how things worked back then". This, however, was a pretty good match I felt. Steamboat did a lot by doing nothing at all... he just got into a stance as if to say "I am ready to do something!" while Valentine sold it by standing there, backing away, being defensive. When Valentine let his guard down, Steamboat would do some striking kicks. I really liked the "striking kicks" Steamboat did throughout the match, as well as the usual chops and such.
-
Inspired by the thread about 1986/87 Wrestling Observer notes, I took a peek into an old gaming maagzine bin. I just took the first magazine off the top (a 1997 GameFan with CastleVania: SOTN on the cover - which I guess was called CastleVania X at the time). An interesting note was a short preview for MK4 stating fatalities were gone with a quote from Ed Boon promising all new gameplay. The hell?
-
spman you hate everything except for bad comedy gimmicks. You've become jaded in your old age.
-
I've been watching Primetime's from this era on 24/7, it's odd to hear Gorilla promote Mania 3 as possibly having "15 to 20 matches". Gorilla Monsoon and Johnny Polo were a decent announce team (based on what I heard on the Cage match DVD) but not as good as Gorilla and Jessie or Heenan. But yeah, when Gorilla was left to his own devices without a good heel foil - like the 1994 Challenge team of him and Ross - not good.
-
I think it's a case of it being the big PPV of the year and the "important" event to have in your collection, if you own wrestling videos. For example, WrestleMania XV isn't very good, but I have the DVD sitting on my shefl waiting to be watched every March.
-
The official press release mentions the show is contracted until at least the end of 2007, so hopefully the OAO thread starters stop using week numbers - unless you plan on making threads like "The OAO Raw Thread - Week #693" (which I now fully expect this week's thread starter to do to spite me).
-
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/3246266 I like London stating he "no sold" the door knocking.
-
Great stuff there. Interesting use of the word "holocaust" by Dave there.
-
oAo ECW on Sci-Fi Week 12 Thread - 8/29/2006
DrVenkman PhD replied to Enigma's topic in The WWE Folder
True. I forgot. As far as the chants go, on the average, they seem to be chanting right at the start, but then just sit on their hands for the rest of the match, but then again, it may be due to improper crowd mic'ing and dead crowds in general. It's odd because they clearly chant at the start and pop at the end...but you can see some of the crowd getting into the match but no sound to reflect this. Maybe DX invaded the prodcution truck. -
I was replying to bobrock29 who said WWE would edit Miz's boos. Yes, we all read the news report that WWE didn't want to make Miz a heel because "the ladies love him" or whatever dumb reason they had, but being matched against Tatanka (a face) and using the ropes to win indicates they are booking him as a heel.
-
Well if he gets booed you'll never know cause they will edit it out. WWE may do a lot of stupid things, but removing the crowd booing a heel is not one of them.
-
Dave seemed like quite the cynical young man with his Restholdmania comment. I like it.
-
I think that was Blade.
-
Fair enough, I haven't been to an American one in years either. I just recall the ones I've been at would have things like a Gordita crunch combo, but the combo was the Gordita, a drink, and a taco.
-
He was cut because the first song he sang was awful. It was acountry ballad or some such and he sounded very akward singing it. He did much better with his 2nd song, but the damage had been done.
-
The thing I noticed about the McDeals death was it happened like, 2 weeks or less after Wendy's started using smear campaign commercials against the daily deal concept (which seemed to go away quickly as well). It also seemed BK picked up the daily deal slack the week - if not the DAY - McD's dropped the McDeals.
-
It tends to amuse Canadians (at least me and others I know) that Taco Bell in the states version of a combo is to throw an extra taco on the side.
-
I read on my number one source for wrestling news, wikipedia, that the latest Torch said WWE was in talks with Jericho to come back. I also read that Jim Ross stated he thought it could happen in 2006, and hey, Jericho was eliminated from Celeb Duets right out of the gate...