Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I have friends that are dead set on getting a PS3 at launch, $600 (American, no idea what it will cost here in Canada) be damned. I'm not sure why, though.
  2. The story goes that Moore was hired because his girlfriend (a WWE make-up woman) pushed the idea to Vince that Moore was able to be signed away from TNA AND had just pinned the face of TNA, AJ Styles.
  3. The deal is the channel is not a "soon to be" former WB, it is a former WB. MNT (MyNetwork TV) launched officially launched on Monday (and many channels had dropped their "brand" programming prior) but the CW launches later. If you have a UPN that isn't part of the CW network, SmackDown is gone and/or displaced on a soon to be CW until the network launches.
  4. Well it's 40 pages long - it happens. I just went through it the other day myself (for the longest time I assumed this was a scat haven of some sort and ignored it).
  5. I assume there is a backstory I don't get as to why he was talking to himself for the first five posts of the thread, but in a tone that he was having a conversation with someone. Edit: Oh I get it someone else was using his account. Carry on.
  6. I thought the thread title was asking if we recycle burger wrappers. Pretty much what everyone said about leaving stuff on a burger wrapper but eating rogue Mexican food with a fork rings true.
  7. . (from the ongoing SD spoilers) Did I miss something about Terkay?
  8. DrVenkman PhD

    Heroes

    A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.
  9. Hmm... now I'm sorry I asked.
  10. Wikipedia is great for reading random theory stuff. Look up immortality. That one theory about us being immortal because there are infinte "us's" living on and on and on in other dimensions is confusing.
  11. I heard that there's a poster on an internet forum that lives a normal, average life but pretends to have sexual relations with workout benches to get attention. When that got old, he started talking about how beautiful gay pornography was. He tries to cover up the people that point out the gimmicking, but clearly they are on to something.
  12. I could see that - she appeared to be more attractive than most female wrestling personalities of that time period and Vince is Vince.
  13. Hooray, Cogeco finally put Starrcade 85 up on 24/7 today. Maybe they got my e-mails about the line-up being incomplete. I just watched a bit (the opening) - man is it funny when that Johnny Weaver guy is on camera. He looks out of it and confused.
  14. A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed.
  15. It's actually September 11th, not 18th. Off topic of WY but on topic of TVT, I was saddened they are adding Friends to the network. I do not understand the reasoning of adding a show that I could watch on 4 other stations already. Put Perfect Strangers or something like that on.
  16. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/commentary/st...sfiles/sept2006
  17. I was watching the episode of TNT currently available on 24/7 (not sure of the episode date, but it has Savage's debut Fed match along with Heenan, Jimmy Hart, and Blassie bidding to be his manager) and one thing that caught me by surprise was, in showing a Pedo Morales vs Wrestler X match, the referee was a female. What the hell was that about?
  18. The part about the dress code is indeed amusing.
  19. Outside of above mentioned ones like SJ, Shandi Finnessey of Lingo / Playmania. And, and how I forgot this the first time I posted: When I was in high school, I was obsessed with JLH after seeing I Know What You Did Last Summer.
  20. I also dislike pickles. I especially hate it when, for whatever reason, no pickles turns into "extra pickles". I bite into one and become annoyed, remove a few thinking that was it, then bite into ANOTHER one hidden somewhere else.
  21. Sounds about right.
  22. This is the "ultra-violent" Night Trap I heard so much controversy about when I was 12-ish?
  23. "IndiaEnews.com is reporting that Great Khali has been suspended from his job in India, where his is an assistant sub-inspector with Punjab Armed Police (PAP). Why? For the most logical of reasons, he hasn't reported to work because he has been in the US working for WWE"
  24. I was watching the 11/30/91 MSG show on 24/7 last night before Raw. The Flair/Hogan match fooled me... I thought for sure Hulk was going to Hulk-Up out of the knux shot and they would brawl to a double count out or something. I was shocked to see Flair get the 3 count, but did not care for the "reversed decision" ending. It was also weird to see Bret Hart win a match (against The Mountie, which I think violated some sort of law by being watched in Canada so let's keep that one quiet) with his 2nd rope elbow.
×
×
  • Create New...