Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. They really should have stickers on No Mercy to indicate good or bad copies. I want to finish story mode, damnit.
  2. Well since Xenogears is terrible and, despite the fact they are awesome, one cannot deny Nintendo's profit-grabbing ways (remember their outrageous licence fess for 3rd party companies to manufacture cartridges?) and as TS has mentioned, that is Anya's beef with Nintendo. They killed the Metroid guy with the Virtual Boy. The answer is no one.
  3. As I've never seen 5 Questions with John Cena, I assumed at first that was a Brooklyn Bralwer shirt and the slogan referenced the fact he might have been the question asker on said show. However, I see it has Cena's "Hustle / Loyalty / Respect" slogan on it, thus I assume it is a Cener shirt.
  4. Yeah the $10 does seem a bit much, but it wasn't as if I ever thought they would be $5. This IS the company that sold Ice Climbers for $20 a few years ago.
  5. Lord knows if I ran a company I would try for minimum profit, if any.
  6. Earlier today I brought the Ep IV DVD to my computer room to see if the two AAA batteries I found worked for my Xbox DVD remote (the story there is upon getting a new TV and digital cable, I had the old TV from my room brought to the computer room and hooked up to cable, an old VCR, and decided "what the hell" and made the Xbox the room's DVD player) Unexpected surprise: I was given the option of playing a Lego Star Wars II Xbox demo. Expected results: batteries are dead. Anyway, the demo was kind of fun, if nothing more than running around killing enemies. I hadn't played the first game.
  7. Earlier today I brought the Ep IV DVD to my computer room to see if the two AAA batteries I found worked for my Xbox DVD remote. Unexpected surprise: I was given the option of playing a Lego Star Wars II Xbox demo.
  8. http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/3314050 Michael Cole vs Vince McMahon web angle!
  9. What the hell was that TNA rant about, JR? I'm not even sure I understand his point... is he saying TNA should only do straight wrestling with no silly angles but also not be built on wrestling because that's making them a "WWE wannabe" trying to out WWE the WWE? He lost me.
  10. This will probably be $299 Canadian despite the fact that dollar exchange doesn't add up, but that's how we roll. It's like the KFC snacker costing $1.59 here.
  11. Meltz had a schedule for the next many weeks of ECW tapings - I forget all of it now, but there were few, if any, live dates.
  12. I forgot about Michael taking improv classes and killing everyone with a gun. That was some good laughter.
  13. Lashley is (probably) main eventing No Mercy? Interesting. That's one of those odd paradox things where putting Lashley is the main event of a PPV makes you further look like the B show, but ultimately their goal is probably to make Lashley a viable main eventer.
  14. Spiders, bees, skunks, being bitten by a cat or big angry dog.
  15. The Jeff Hardy / Candice Michelle appearance new Best Buy?
  16. A reminder that Office Season 2 came out on DVD today and it's quite the value - it appears to eb cheaper than most 4 disc TV series boxsets and apparently has LOTS of deleted scene footage. 10 commentary tracks as well.
  17. People posting fears at 4am... Only thing those people are afraid of is finding work, or getting sober. [/Grandpa Fred from Gremlins 2]
  18. Peter finally seeing the evil monkey that lives in Chris' room and calling it Meg was pretty funny, though.
  19. The DVD mentions this briefly in a commentary, I think - something about how they got tired of writing Roger inside all the time. I don't recal lexaclty what was said, but it was mentioned how after a few episodes Roger just threw on a crappy disguise and could go outside. Said DVD commentaries also give me the impression Seth has nothing, or very little, to do with that show compared to FG.
  20. Gideon ended up being the name of a foreign exchange student who thought Larry was mocking him and beat the crap out of him.
  21. I take it be the awesome amount of talk about it, everyone enjoyed the season preimers of Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, etc? I thought it was an enjoyable night overall. Family Guy was more plot driven and less flashback driven than usual. There was a commercial for a joke where Stewie made a "worse than the time" segue, but no flashback happened, causing him to go "oh, no clip?". That was not in the episode, though.
  22. It really bothers me when people call London and Kendrick "The Hooligans". They've been called that ZERO times on TV - it was a name given to them when they toured some big soccer/football market several months ago and that's it. Just a minor rant.... carry on.
  23. barron is right, Scroby is wrong. Scrob's argument is basically "they booked a a potentially good match based on last week's good match and swapped one of the feuds involved for the last Raw to build for this Sunday's PPV? Outrageous and lazy!". Must never have played EWR. Anyway, an update on my battle with Cogeco showing the right 24/7 programs: WWE now has a disclaimer on their schedule stating the schedule "may vary by cable carrier".
  24. Looking for a new sig photo, I somehow found this: What the hell?
  25. I like the American Gladiator spheres they travel in, and Mileena dying because she loses a mud wreslting match.
×
×
  • Create New...