DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Too many OAO threads lack focus, that's all I'm saying. It doesn't really bother me THAT much, but I just wanted to mention that I, for one, welcome our new Andy O-verlord.
-
Barely knew him, didn't follow his personal issues, thought the last thing he said before "leaving" was pretty dumb, and I absolutely hated the way he said "W!!" and "WWE". However, I also know he was always there to chime in with his thoughts on why Mickie James was hot or what he liked about video games or what have you, and in doing that, he seemed all right.
-
Leena's point was a pretty good one, though. I generally steer clear of threads people start about themselves to complain about their life so I only know about his thoughts on wrestling and video games, and I'm generally not one to say bad things about people I barely know, but "I had to blow off the date I wanted badly because I wouldn't get to go to an amusement park in the fall on a specific date without changing it to another date" may be the dumbest thing I've heard in months. No disrespect, of course.
-
Andy put an immediate stop to one of Hotbutter's way-too-early "OAO" wrestling show threads, so props to him for that.
-
Fox Sunday - September 17, 2006
DrVenkman PhD replied to Open the Muggy Gate's topic in Television & Film
The funniest part of The Simpsons was the listing of all the jazz acts for the benefit, with "Shakey Premise" one of them. I chose to take that as a self-made jab at the terrible episode. I also found myself questioning the two dumb stories connecting at the same time Lisa said the thought outloud. Rest of the night was pretty good although Peter was perhaps a bit too dumb with Tom Tucker. The Butterfinger joke was good. Good to see gay Kenny back on the War at Home. -
I'm almost certain that's what I said, or meant to imply. "I'm sure it [iYH] was even worse than WM:TAG." I'm pretty sure I've read it was arcade only, but did the PS1 keep the endings (like Razor Ramon selling the title belt to a pawn shop)? Edit: Probably a typo, but I have no idea why I was refering to "The Arcade Game" was "TAC".
-
I was a big fan of WrestleMania: The Arcade Game in 1995. Rented it for the Genesis more than once (note: I never owned one, I would rent it because the SNES version was weak and play it a friend's house on the weekend - annoying them, as they were sick of the game). Played it a lot when the local convenience store had it as an arcade game (later replaced by SF vs X-Men, which I became obsessed with for a time). Boy was that game bad, though. Even worse, I was eagerly anticipating In Your House; friends and I even rented a PS1 from a video store for a weekend to play it. I never could find it once I had a PS of my own, though. I'm sure it was even worse than WM:TAG.
-
I can understand that, player. Establishments that show wrestling PPVs are also a good option.
-
Splitting the cost with friends is always fun.
-
I'm hoping for a PPV exclusive Cryme Time vignette. Also, Umaga has slowly become a favourite of mine, so I am looking forward to the monster match-up. The rest of the card I find interesting as well. This will be the first PPV event hosted at my house since Survivor Series 94 (although this is the first time since 1997 I've had PPV ordering ability).
-
Other Raw wrestlers failed the drug tests?
DrVenkman PhD replied to Atticus Chaos's topic in The WWE Folder
Marty Jannetty? -
Nothing there. Edit: There now! I vaguely remember playing that game, but I have better memories of the Freddy game with the Four Score.
-
CK3 - Conrad Kennedy III. The Greenwhich City Samurai. The Border City brawler (or something..), the Rajah of Ring of Honor, and the man with talent on loan from God.
-
Pillman did an unscripted deal where he snuck up on Bobby Heenan - I forget if he tried to pick him up or what exaclty happened, but either way Heenan let out a "wtf" on TBS.
-
The gimmick was a bit overbearing at times.
-
I have a Dunder Mifflin / World's Best Boss mug from the NBC store. They had lots of Dwight bobbleheads on display when I was there, too (this would be May). Now the commentary tracks lead me to believe there are none. Oh well.
-
Ones I took, of course: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timpang80/ And so on
-
Everyday is going to be a fun witch hunt.
-
I recall a Nitro in 1996 where either Tony or Eric had to remind fans on commentary that Vader and Johnny B. Badd no longer are "where the big boys play" - I guess there had been an erroneous advertisement for a noverseas tour or something.
-
"WHO calls for more DDT use against malaria" As a wrestling nerd, I found this headline amusing.. making me picture Jim Neidhart calling for malaria to be DDT'd, priceless.
-
Agreed, though to me you can delete the entire middle part of that sentence and I still agree with it. Druggies deserve to have my winger wagged in their general direction.
-
Since when is KQ VI considered bad?
-
I think someone has a little crush on WP. My favourite.
-
Well I won't be getting creepy PMs about Ghostbusters now. I mean, it wasn't really "creepy" and I think he was just trying to chat, but I don't think I ever spoke with him yet he would always call me pal or buddy (ex. a blog entry I made before leaving for a month, he commented that I will be missed).
-
The most sickeningly patriotic snack cake I've ever seen: