TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I've made a Sting CAW, a Hogan, a Shane-O-Mac, and an AJ Styles. I'm diggin getting them all up to 75 or whatever.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

So is this the longest thread about a console game ever at this forum yet?

I do believe so...

What beats it, then?

I think this IS the longest. I don't think anything beats it. Unless it's one of the pinned ones.

Oh and this was cool:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

So I beat the living hell out of Jericho because I like my car more then his. Then after the show, Jericho takes my car and forklifts it to its destruction. Next show, I show up, then afterwards, Jericho stuffs me in the trunk to "take care of me". I show up next show, and use a Monster Truck to total Jericho's car.

Weird part, is I challenged Jericho to a Last Man Standing Match... And I had to hit 21 finishers (DDT with a chair/actually finisher) and I COULDN'T put him away. I used two tables even, and a sledgehammer and the bastard wouldn't stay down.

Finally, I put him away with a chairshot to the outside. Then, after the match, he was taken away on a stretcher.

All this combined was COOL AS HELL~!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Vitiated Spirit, I did the exact same thing, with Jericho, but it only took me 5 mins to win the match. Were you playing as Steiner?

Oh and how about King saying "At least he gets to ride in the ambulance. That's always fun!" as Jericho is stretchered out?

Vitiated Spirit, I did the exact same thing, with Jericho, but it only took me 5 mins to win the match. Were you playing as Steiner?

Oh and how about King saying "At least he gets to ride in the ambulance. That's always fun!" as Jericho is stretchered out?

No. I was playing as Lightning Flik. The bastard just wouldn't stay down. Yah, that was at least funny.

Although, I wanna get my Hardcore title back. That damned Game took it from me. Went to Bischoff to get a match signed up, but he told me I'm heavily involved in a storyline.

More likely meaning Jericho's coming back to kick my ass.

No. I was playing as Lightning Flik. The bastard just wouldn't stay down. Yah, that was at least funny.

Although, I wanna get my Hardcore title back. That damned Game took it from me. Went to Bischoff to get a match signed up, but he told me I'm heavily involved in a storyline.

More likely meaning Jericho's coming back to kick my ass.

Anyone else had this problem...

I thought it was just my PS2 but I checked other boards and apparently there is a somewhat widespread problem with this game causing PS2's to make a "Buzzing" or "Grinding" noise like the lens was skipping or having trouble reading the disc. It effects the sound, makes the game freeze and causes Disc Read Errors. It was working fine for days and then this crap pops up.

Anyone else's PS2 doing this because of this game?

I think it may have ruined my PS2. I just got the damn thing.

I thought it was just my PS2 but I checked other boards and apparently there is a somewhat widespread problem with this game causing PS2's to make a "Buzzing" or "Grinding" noise like the lens was skipping or having trouble reading the disc. It effects the sound, makes the game freeze and causes Disc Read Errors. It was working fine for days and then this crap pops up.

You're PS2 is fine. It's not the machine making those noises, it's the disk, as far as I know.

I can't say I've had that problem though, and the thing has literally been running for about 3 days straight (I have multiple family members home at different times that play it as well).

Either way, I've been told that using lense-cleaning devices may solve the problem, even though I don't feel it has anything to do with the actual Playstation. I've heard all sorts of bullshit though, such as the disk is larger than average PS2 game disks etc.

Consider me fresh out of suggestions.

UYI

You're PS2 is fine. It's not the machine making those noises, it's the disk, as far as I know.

I can't say I've had that problem though, and the thing has literally been running for about 3 days straight (I have multiple family members home at different times that play it as well).

Either way, I've been told that using lense-cleaning devices may solve the problem, even though I don't feel it has anything to do with the actual Playstation. I've heard all sorts of bullshit though, such as the disk is larger than average PS2 game disks etc.

Consider me fresh out of suggestions.

UYI

I'll go out and buy a lens cleaner tomorrow and see if that works.

If not, I'll have to get another Game or PS2 (hopefully a newer model) good thing I got that replacement warranty everyone told me not too.

Either way, it's pretty scary that a game could do that to a system or vice versa.

Edited by PsychoDriver

Trust me Psyc. It isn't the disc. Mine's been doing that BEFORE HTCP.

More than likely it's the machine. Considering I just had mine replaced, I'm quite pissed if I'm sending it in again. Cause I ain't paying a dime to get it fixed.

That's Sony's situation.

And fuck... I can't win any big matches this season mode. I lost the rematch with Kurt for the WWE Title. I lost my Hardcore Championship to HHH. I beat the hell out of Jericho, but it left an empty feeling in my soul because I ended up feuding with the new Champion Booker T (yes people, he actually won the title before SurvivorSeries), then I lose the fucking Elimination Chamber to Kane. Well, I was taken out by Rocky and was the third person Eliminated.

Some Stranges Things This Season Mode (No Order Whatsoever):

~ I sold out to Vince McMahon and ended up feuding with Booker T. He then wins the Title before losing it at Elimination Chamber.

~ Although I lose the Hardcore Championship to HHH, I squash him 4 times later. Later, he succumbs and loses that Hardcore Title to Jericho. And Jericho loses it to Kevin F'N Nash.

~ Kane wins Elimination Chamber by defeating Goldberg.

~ Two weeks after winning the World Title, Kane flies in his cousin so that although Flik defeats his cousin, there is no transfer of the Title.

~ I had a steel cage match against HHH. I just nailed him with some punches and kicks and then climbed like hell. I won 30 seconds later.

~ RVD and Flik are Tag Team Champions. We have not had to defend the WWE Tag Team Championship.

~ Flik and Eddy J (my heelish CAW) had a shot at the World Tag Team Championships. It was a TLC match in which Eddy J actually fucked me over by hitting Smackdown onto the chair. At first I thought he might've been making a mistake cause Benjamin was groggy as well, but when he did it a second time, I knew I got screwed.

~ Jericho is a fucking monster in LMS matches. Never, ever, face that man in one of those. The man just does not stay down. Especially when his body is all red, and you've nailed him with 21 SDs.

~ Found out that in the Elimination Chamber if you counter outside of the ring, you'll do a slingshot counter. I prefer doing it to the "Chambers" so that you make them smash into the glass.

~ I have yet to defend my Intercontinental Title that I won from Goldberg.

~ I'm facing Kane for the World Title at Armeggedon.

~ The 6 Men Chosen For This Season's Elimination Chamber: Flik, Rock, Goldberg, SCSA, Kane ... and Bubba Ray. Thankfully, Ray was gone immediately.

~ I have 100SP yet I do not hold the World Title. I'm so over that if I lose, I lose a single point. I hold down talent better than HHH ever could.

~ Kevin Nash used a wrestling move other than his normal 4 of "Lazy Bomb", Side Walk Slam, Insanely Slow Elbow, or Kick (whoops, 5, forgot the "Hair Flip"). He used a DDT. Well, it was on RVD, so I bet Nash was going for a Front Face Lock, but ended up giving RVD a "Lazy DDT". Bleh.

~ Flik hasn't been arrested yet, after being arrested 3 times last time I took him through, I was expecting more of the same.

~ Bischoff decided that Kane wasn't "worthy of being a Champion" and decided he need to a gift of defending the World Title, with in a Cell... Hellish Cell that is. And I wonder what the fuck is the point of saying "oh, I'm the face" if I've been the fucking heelish bastard all season.

~ This season, I bought out literially half of the Shopzone's content. Really sad how much cash you rackup just because you own two titles you haven't even defended yet.

~ Triple H is "unworthy" of contending for the World Title at 81SP at Armeggedon. And I smile at that thought :D.

~ Top Contenders for the World title at Armeggedon:

Kane (World Champion)

#1 Marcus Chavayada (Lightning Flik) 100SP

#2 The Rock 92SP

#3 Steve Austin 87SP

#4 Booker T 86SP

#5 Goldberg 85SP

Top Contenders for the WWE title at Armeggedon:

Kurt Angle (WWE Champion)

#1 Edward James (Eddy J) 100SP

#2 Brock Lesnar 89SP

#3 Undertaker 86SP

Looks like Raw really does hold the name value.

------

That's about all the stuff I can bring up from my season. Weird isn't it?

How do you slingshot someone into the glass?

And I can't stand how the season mode switches me between face and hell. One month, I'm heel. Next, face. Next, heel.

You have to counter a move outside of the ring... and it you are facing the glass you will slingshot them in to the glass.

Trust me Psyc. It isn't the disc. Mine's been doing that BEFORE HTCP.

More than likely it's the machine. Considering I just had mine replaced, I'm quite pissed if I'm sending it in again. Cause I ain't paying a dime to get it fixed.

That's Sony's situation.

So it is the machine? People on other boards I've read {Gasp} GameFaqs, IGN {Gasp} say it may have something to do with CAWs in Season with coat for entrance gear, a dusty PS2 or both.

Either of those could be the case for me, As my Super Dragon CAW I used in season had a coat on and my PS2 may be kinda dusty because I travel with it alot and there was alot of dusty stuff in the air from the recent CA fires not to far from me. Only thing I can think of

I guess my only solution is to get a replacement PS2, which won't cost me anything because I have I replacement thing from Circuit City. Still an unneeded hassle since my PS2 is still new....

Suprised more people haven't experienced this crap.

Actually Psych, this will be my third time around.

I'm a little pissed I was sent a PS2 that doesn't work for a THIRD fucking time.

I mean, I'm not leaving the damn thing on allnight anymore for my RPGs anymore. So why the fuck is it crapping out only after a single YEAR has gone by?

...then again, my second one crapped out after 3 months, so meh... I'm not entirely pleased.

Oh and recently Early called a strike because I beat the hell out of Goldberg in a battle royal.

So because I'm the heelish loved face, I challenged Goldberg to a LMS match.

I'm just grabbing the chair and making sure I don't "BELIEVE THE HYPE".

Try the cheapest method first Pysch, before you go about ramming large, black, rectangular box-like objects up the anus of Sony.

Anyone witness the karma in this game? I'm HHH and I royally screwed The Rock over in a 'non-aggression' contract signing by pretending to sign, ala Austin/HHH '01. On top of this, I decided to not sign until just before the big show, meaning I could liberally kick the living piss through Rocky without him being able to fight back.

Needless to say, we started our epic 3 minute cage match with him having a hefty 2 Smackdown icons available. Two Rock Bottoms later and we had a new World Champ.

I think I may be nice from now on.

UYI

~ The 6 Men Chosen For This Season's Elimination Chamber: Flik, Rock, Goldberg, SCSA, Kane ... and Bubba Ray. Thankfully, Ray was gone immediately.

You think that's bad? Mine was much worse. The lineup for mine was as follows: Shawn Michaels(Champion), Ajax(my then weak CAW), Booker T, Scott Steiner, Goldust, and Bubba Ray.

Odd things that have happened to me:

Triple H jobs a lot. First, he teams with Ric Flair and lost a ton of times to Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash. Next, he faces Kane for the Hardcore title, and jobs like 4 times. Not to mention the times he jobbed to Rock in World title matches. He was down to like 75 superstar points in my game last I checked.

I beat Chris Jericho in my CAW's second match.

Kevin Nash won the Royal Rumble.

I was set to team with Kane in a match, but he ended up getting attacked and had to get carried out by parmedics. Through the whole segment, I was just waiting for Shane O Mac to pop out.

During one point in the game, Vince decides to give me an opponent in hopes of me losing my World title. He announces...RVD(as I imagine virtual smarks marking out at RVD getting a World title shot). Seconds later, he adds Shawn Michaels to the match. It ends up with RVD getting squashed by Nash in a tag match(oh how I wish Nash would have pinned him after the first Poochie bomb), him losing to my CAW the next week in a singles match, and ends up stuck in a lame duck role at the PPV where he jobs to my CAW(again) to build up the REAL main event of my CAW and Shawn Michaels. To his credit, he did fare better than Shawn in his match. He gave me a tough challenge before I defeated him, unlike Shawn who I unmercifully squashed, despite his 96 SP and it being on hard level.

Guest Random Hero

I made Raven yesterday, and I tried him out in an exhibition. But, on the versus screen he didn't appear, it just said 'Raven VS Benoit'. Benoit was there doing his poses but Raven wasn't. Is this supposed to happen? Because it seems a bit silly. I mean I can't see it being too difficult to put into the game. Raw 2 had it afterall.

Your CAW should appear. Mine did.

Oh, I got to sign a non-aggression treaty on smackdown! ME and Eddy were going at it, and Steph decided to seperate us so we didn't kill each other. So they brought out the red carpet and desk, and we got to sign the contract. Of course, I pulled a HHH and pretended to sign, then knocked Eddy out with the briefcase :P

I thoroughly enjoyed screwing over HHH in my first season. He won the Rumble and was supposed to face me at WM when I was the champ. Flair jumped in and said he wanted the title shot. So those two had a No. 1 contender match with me as the ref. I slow counted after H's pedigree and then immediately fast counted when Flair did a sunset flip. Sorry, HHH.

Muah ha ha ha ha...

Guest JJW

I just started a new season as Brock Lesnar and I'm Feuding with Brock Lesnar....The two times i faced him it listed him as Undertaker and then Matt Hardy.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I just had a great faction in my first season.

The World Tag Champs Shelton Benjamin(me) and Rodney Mack...Women's Champion Jazz...and World Champion The Rock.

Of course, we were the Nation of Domination. So it was a bit of a letdown when Taker jumped over and saved me from a beating from the Corporation (Shawn, Austin, HHH, Goldberg and Trish)

Nash is way too over-rated on this match. He beat me and Jericho in a handicap match on Easy for Christ sakes.

Oh, and the Royal Rumble is total crap. After one Rumble I've vowed never to touch it again. Why they tweaked it so damn much, and left the rush job crap behind I don't know.

My crowning achievement was defeating Angle AND Benoit in a handicap match after my partner Brock was suspended, forcing me to defend the titles alone. I just stayed on the outside so they couldn't pin me, and managed to trip angle on the floor and chokeslam Benoit for the pin. Fuck, it was hard though, can't believe I did it. I hardly had any points either.

I find myself marking out like a little bitch for Steven Richards' taunt being in there and the Kobashi half nelson suplex also.

Guest Ice2308

This has happened to me, every disc I put in it said the Disc Read Error, so I called Sony and bitch and complained and they repaired it for free. This summer I drop it and it landed on the top side. I called them again a couple of weeks ago and complained and now I am sending the system to them tommorow. Just call and cmplain and threat to get a X-Box.

I just started a new season as Brock Lesnar and I'm Feuding with Brock Lesnar....The two times i faced him it listed him as Undertaker and then Matt Hardy.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes. Happens with CAWs a lot. But only if you are the Champion at the beginning of season