TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markingout

Teddy Hart is great

I enjoyed Hart's spots, but the finish to Hart/Juvi ruined it for me.

First off, when Hart hit the Asai moonsault, he was just about to kip up, but stops mid-motion, and climbs to his feet. But when he gets up, he holds the ribs, and sells it from the Asai. That is fine, but then the camera goes to Juvi, then back to Hart, he is holding his knee. Why didn't he just sell the knee from the beginning instead of holding the ribs, even though he was about to do a kip up?

Then he hits the Hart Attack, HIS FINISHER, and has the match won, but instead, he sells the knee injury. That's fine. But then he gets a Juvi Driver, but then he KIPS UP, NO SELLING THE KNEE INJURY AND THE JUVI DRIVER, only to get a Juvi Driver off the top rope.

I like him. He seems spotty, but I loved the whole Fujiwara Armbar sequence with him and Juvi.

But his selling sucks.

Guest Ray
And Ray...

Was that your first time watching TNA? Because they haven't even attempted spotfest like that in months...

well...except the Ultimate X...which was an interesting experiment.

I watched the first TNA show, and it sucked, so I didn't watch another one until now.

Excuse me while I buy 200 hours of All Japan to wash the horrid spotfest taste from my mouth. ;)

And lmao at the people who see the word 'Hart' and instantly think he MUST be a 'good wrestler' and not a 'spot guy'.

'He can't be a spot guy...he should learn a little wrestling from Bret. Bret rulez!1!!!1!'

Not all the Guerreros wrestle(d) alike. Not all the Von Erichs wrestled alike. Why should all the Harts?

Wanting good wrestling over pointless spot-a-mania?! What an absurd idea we have! ;)

I'd take Bret over a dozen spot monkeys any day.

And lmao at the people who see the word 'Hart' and instantly think he MUST be a 'good wrestler' and not a 'spot guy'.

'He can't be a spot guy...he should learn a little wrestling from Bret. Bret rulez!1!!!1!'

Not all the Guerreros wrestle(d) alike. Not all the Von Erichs wrestled alike. Why should all the Harts?

Wanting good wrestling over pointless spot-a-mania?! What an absurd idea we have! ;)

I'd take Bret over a dozen spot monkeys any day.

That's your opinion, you're intitled to it. Of course, being a Benoit fan you're a big fan of technical wrestling.

Not every fan in the world wants to see a Benoit submission fest though. I'm a spot monkey fan. I don't prefer spot filled matches to submission matches neccesarilly(yeah...I should learn to spell that word).

But, spot filled matches have their place in wrestling too. Tell me...who has been the most over in his career...Benoit or RVD. No offense to Benoit. I'm a Benoit fan. But there's certain wrestlers like RVD who go out there, hit some high spots, throw in a little wrestling and can get super over. It's a proven thing.

The crowd, according to Dames' review, were hot for the high spots. Why? High spots will pop the crowd. High spots will get over. Spot monkeys will get over. In my eyes, Hart has a lot more potential than most spot monkeys, because he must have Dungeon experience. But the way you get over in your first match in a company is by impressing. If that's by busting out the high spots, then so be it.

I'd judge him after a few weeks rather than two matches on his first show in TNA. Hell...Owen Hart's debut in WCW wasn't the 'technical masterclass' he was capable of.

Guest Ray
That's your opinion, you're intitled to it. Of course, being a Benoit fan you're a big fan of technical wrestling.

No, I'm a fan of good, smart, wrestling. "Technical" is irrelevant (see Hansen, Stan).

It truly saddens me that spotfest crap like this can get ****+ ratings, while the greatness of a Jumbo Tsuruta goes unnoticed by the average fan.

Spot-a-mania can be better than technical wrestling IF done right and especially if the technical is done wrong. Guys like Benoit, Angle do it right though. As for Japan, there is NO way the X matches exceeded the matches of the former greatness of Jumbo. Mind you, the X Semis and Final were something out of the ordinary and I was marking out like crazy for them.

Guest TDinDC1112

1. Juvy vs. Blitzkreig a few years ago was a GREAT match, to whoever questioned it.

2. Kurt Angle is the best professional wrestler at least in North America, to the person who said he is overrated.

3. When they announced the participants in this tournament, everyone was bitching about Teddy Hart, asking who he was, etc. I said to just give him a chance. He is a very good wrestler, better than most of the people TNA have. Too bad he's a Dick.

4. Part of the reason that All Japan is "good and smart" is that (at least in the 90's) they beat the crap out of each other. Wrestling is a work, it's not supposed to be real. That's why a lot of their former stars are almost crippled. If All Japan was so good, why are they on the verge of going out of business?

Lazz/Lazarus has been working Wildside for years. His whole schtick was as a Goldust style character, except he dressed up in a Catholic schoolgirl uniform and came out to "Baby One More Time", with the idea he was obsessed with/mimicking Britney Spears.

Then he changed gimmicks for a while into "Dustin Timberlake", as he was "straightening out" but keeping the pop influence in the gimmick.

He also tried his hand at being a serious heel called Lazarus, but wasn't that great in that role from what I heard, so he went back to being Lazz.

Guest Dynamite Kido

huge expectations for WarGames = dissappointed

very little good expectations for the tournament = very surprised and pleased

No, I'm a fan of good, smart, wrestling. "Technical" is irrelevant (see Hansen, Stan).

It truly saddens me that spotfest crap like this can get ****+ ratings, while the greatness of a Jumbo Tsuruta goes unnoticed by the average fan.

Congrats...you just missed my point. And I back up my earlier statements by simply saying 'who'?

*(waits for all the Japanese fans to verbally destroy me)*

Guest Ray
2. Kurt Angle is the best professional wrestler at least in North America, to the person who said he is overrated.

Well, he just got more overrated.

Guerrero > Benoit >>>>>>>>>> Angle

4. Part of the reason that All Japan is "good and smart" is that (at least in the 90's) they beat the crap out of each other.

Nah, it's because they were better wrestlers with better training.

Wrestling is a work, it's not supposed to be real.

It should be realistic. Spot-FU garbage isn't. No-selling and doing kip ups after a knee injury (were they trying to break the record for most kip ups in one show last night?) isn't realistic.

That's why a lot of their former stars are almost crippled.

Steve Austin and Dynamite Kid both have many injuries. Angle has a ton of injuries right now. AJ isn't the only fed with injuries.

If All Japan was so good, why are they on the verge of going out of business?

I'm no expert on the business side of AJPW, but I would think that has something to do with Baba dying, and Misawa leaving with half the roster. ;)

now...I know Sabin won the tournament...

(which was the right move by the by)...

But does anyone else notice a problem with the way it went down?

Juvi totally looked like the star of the show...and unless they want to start paying for weekly plane tickets...he won't be around.

And Teddy Hart made a tremendous debut...and he isn't a TNA regular either.

It's like they showcased talent that we won't see anymore.

why in the world would someone in their right mind compare jumbo tsuruta and a spot fest featuring teddy hart. only a fool would compare a guy with only a couple of years experience to a wrestler whose talents rivals ric flair's. btw, i've seen misawa as tiger mask when he first broke in and he did tons of spot fests, one of which was with bret hart.

Believe me, Teddy is much more than just a spotfest guy. I've seen a match on tape where he sold his arm like it was dead for twenty minutes straight, never using it once, keeping it clutched to his chest the entire time, except for when his opponent got ahold of it. The guy can go, believe me.

And if TNA's matches are spotty, from what I've heard, don't blame the wrestlers for the most part. I've seen many good, capable wrestlers go to TNA and suddenly seem to lose their ability to do anything but spotfests. Why? Well, from what I've heard, the office encourages tham to. And at least with the local crowd, they do have a point: "smart" wrestling would likely go right over the heads of most of my fellow Nashvillians. And their main PPV goal right now is just to try and get new fans hooked on the show, which a good eye-popping spotfest can do. Problem is, the spotfest style doesn't have legs to grow a good long-term promotion out of, so if it keeps going this way, they could be in trouble down the line.

Guest Ray
why in the world would someone in their right mind compare jumbo tsuruta and a spot fest featuring teddy hart. only a fool would compare a guy with only a couple of years experience to a wrestler whose talents rivals ric flair's.

I wasn't comparing them. I was simply mentioning that spotfest wrestlers like him and Van Dam get more attention from the average fan that a Tsuruta does. Lay off the "fool" talk, fool.

Tsurura's talent doesn't rival Flair's, it surpasses it.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
This was total spots, and for spotfests, it was a great tournament, beat the hell outta the BOTB tourney this year.

Dandy, no WAY did a bunch of 3-7 minute spotfests beat Best of the Best 3.

As far as Teddy goes, I know a bunch of bad personal stuff about him, but for the most part I forget about those when watching a guy work, and he impressed the hell out of me- the selling I agree was very hit/miss, but that's a minor flaw that can be fixed with experience.

I wasn't comparing them. I was simply mentioning that spotfest wrestlers like him and Van Dam get more attention from the average fan that a Tsuruta does.

True, mostly because RVD is on national television on a weekly basis, and Jumbo stopped wrestling almost a decade ago, and was never a star in this country. Most wrestling fans are casual types, and just don't care about it enough to go through the time and effort of buying tapes off the internet of foreign wrestlers they've barely heard of.

tsuruta and flair is an argument for another day. but i think jumbo has more fans in japan than rvd and teddy hart. heck, around 10,000 people only watched the x cup. that's not enough people to sell out budokan.

tsuruta and flair is an argument for another day. but i think jumbo has more fans in japan than rvd and teddy hart. heck, around 10,000 people only watched the x cup. that's not enough people to sell out budokan.

Of course, you're comparing a guy who worked in a major national promotion as a main eventer to one (Hart) that worked one show in a cult-sized promotion..

now...I know Sabin won the tournament...

(which was the right move by the by)...

But does anyone else notice a problem with the way it went down?

Juvi totally looked like the star of the show...and unless they want to start paying for weekly plane tickets...he won't be around.

And Teddy Hart made a tremendous debut...and he isn't a TNA regular either.

It's like they showcased talent that we won't see anymore.

They shot themselves in the foot by going "It's US vs. The World", because that IMMEDIATELY made it obvious that whoever the US guy who made it to the finals was would win.

Especially if we're going on Hulk Hogan's word about how many people can fit into Budokan... (On a Confidential, Hogan threw out a crowd figure for a show he worked at Budokan that was far more than the building's capacity.)

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Only japanese wrestler I gave half a shit about was Jushin/Jushyn/Jyushin/whatever Liger/Lyger.

I did that because everyone spells it different and I won't let anyone out of this.

And since he's a little past it, Japanese wrestling doesnt matter since you, know, I don't live in FREAKIN Japan.

Tsuruta who?

Guest Ray
Only japanese wrestler I gave half a shit about was Jushin/Jushyn/Jyushin/whatever Liger/Lyger.

I did that because everyone spells it different and I won't let anyone out of this.

And since he's a little past it, Japanese wrestling doesnt matter since you, know, I don't live in FREAKIN Japan.

Tsuruta who?

I don't live in Nashville, so I guess I shouldn't give a shit about TNA then, right?

Jumbo Tsuruta is one of the best ever. If you don't want to care about him it's your loss. You're only missing out on a ton of great wrestling...

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Then if you dont like Kurt Angle its your loss, don't complain about him to people who don't care.

TNA is broadcasted in AMERICA. If any japanese promotions get a TV Deal in this country then maybe I'll watch, but they don't so why should I care about a countries wrestling where I have to go out of my way to get and spend hard earned money on?

Listening to Japanese commentary isnt my cup of tea either. I have a Best of Owen in Japan tape and I have to mute the tape cause the announcing got annoying.

Guest Ray
and I expected every single Japanese person to be closed minded elitists with zero room for interpretation on anything.  Ever.

Oh give me a fucking break. <_<

Then if you dont like Kurt Angle its your loss, don't complain about him to people who don't care.

WHEN DID I SAY I DIDN'T LIKE ANGLE? WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN?!?!?

I DEMAND you find a post where I said that.

I never once said or implied that I didn't like him. I'm so sick of Angle fans who can't take criticism of him. I'm sick of people who see a person criticize a wrestler and then say "OMG UR TEH ANGLE HATER!!!!!!!!!!11"

TNA is broadcasted in AMERICA. If any japanese promotions get a TV Deal in this country then maybe I'll watch, but they don't so why should I care about a countries wrestling where I have to go out of my way to get and spend hard earned money on?

Why should you care? Because there's great classic wrestling to watch. You don't have to spend money either. You can download matches on THE INTERNET~!

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Um...only cheap losers have to resort to DLing wrestling matches on their computer. Sure, random match here and there is 1 thing, but stop being cheap.

You calling Angle over-rated means you dont like him. Simple as that. If you dont' like the Angle love, don't respond to it. Much like I'm not bother arguing the japanese dude.

Guest Ray
Um...only cheap losers have to resort to DLing wrestling matches on their computer. Sure, random match here and there is 1 thing, but stop being cheap.

Oh shut up with that nonsense. Could you possibly make a WORSE reply?

You calling Angle over-rated means you dont like him. Simple as that.

*sigh*

No, it doesn't. Do you know what the word overrated means?

You have no clue....none at all... <_<

Ray-

What were you expecting when you bought this show? You could've read the spoilers or even the match listings and could've figured out this wasn't going to be a technical wreslting fest