TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Love the Band but WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SHIT!?!

Guest Choken One

We all have our favorite band or singer and we love them dearly...

Let's admit it however, our favorites no matter how much we love them...will almost ALWAYS have that one or maybe more song that you just can't stand and you wonder why your favorite band even thought to put it on the album...

I'll just start with my favorite band....Life Of Agony

We all know the classics like "This Time" "Stain Remains" and "River runs Red"...

However, off the classic staple "RIVER RUNS RED" nothing is unlistenable except for the disturbingly haunting final track...

From the sophmorel album, "Ugly" they had 11 great-decent songs and A simple minds cover of "Don't You (forget about me)" because it didn't compare to the RRR greatness people slamed it or simply never truly reconigized how good it was...Is there a song on that album that I can't stand...maybe "Damned if I do" and the title track itself.

But the Third and final LOA album "Soul Searching Sun" was a disapointment...

Boasting a handful of good-great tracks such as "Heroin Dreams" , They gave us "Tangerine" and "Neg" which are so unbearable I cry thinking that is LOA.

"Tangerine" however, was LOA's only mainstream hit and the record company wanted to go that direction but lead Singer Keith Caputo wasn't going to let that happened and disbanded the group when the rest agreed with the company...

So what songs from YOUR favorite band are you ashamed of?

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Van Halen- Van Halen III

Metallica- Post-black album

Guns N' Roses- The Spaghetti Incidnet, Chinese Democracy

Guns N' Roses- The Spaghetti Incidnet, Chinese Democracy

Firstly, Chinese Democracy hasn't come out yet, so you clearly can't judge it. Secondly, I gotta disagree with you on The Spaghetti Incident. Songs like "Human Being", "Black Leather", "Buick Makane", "Ain't It Fun" and "Hair Of The Dog" were all damn good.

But here's my "What the Hell!" list

The Doors "Tell All The People"

Guns N Roses "My World" and "So Fine"

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

After hearing Re-Offender, I'm begining to wonder what Travis are currently smokeing.

And I know this is just songs, but KID A certainly boggles the mind

Everything but "Frantic" on the album...you know the one.

Hmmm...as for favorite band's least favorite songs?

"Destroyer Of Senses," "Fleshold," and "Serenity" (for its placement on the album, not the song itself). If you can't GUESS what band, you know me not.

Guest Choken One

and yet oddly enough just like LOA...The least liked song is the "Mainstream hit"...

What does that tell ya?

Actually, Shadows Fall's big "single" was "Thoughts Without Words." "Destroyer Of Senses" didn't get nearly as much airplay (on college and indy radio, or a metal show, of course) as "Thoughts Without Words" did. And there's a reason for that. "Destroyer Of Senses" is just...crap. It's really just 2 riffs that weren't too good to begin with, and doesn't fit with the album AT ALL. One of the only filler tracks off of The Art Of Balance, in my eyes.

Guest Choken One

tell that to cincy...Destroyer of senses gets good air play and the others not so much...

Guest Random Hero
The Clash - Cut The Crap

The Ramones - She Talks To Rainbows

Guns N' Roses - Madagascar

Metallica - St. Anger

I've only heard a live version, but Madagascar is unreal. Easily one of GnR's best tracks.

I'm a big Deftones fan, but the vast majority of the new album is turd. I've given it a chance, but I just can't get into it at all. Hexagram, Minerva and Anniversary of an Uninteresting event, are the only good songs on it.

Garbage, Loved the first albums to death.. but that last one (Beautiful Garbage) was just total crap

As for Guns N' Roses - Madagascar: Listen to the version from Rock N' Rio 3.. It's killer

I'm a big Deftones fan, but the vast majority of the new album is turd. I've given it a chance, but I just can't get into it at all. Hexagram, Minerva and Anniversary of an Uninteresting event, are the only good songs on it.

The new album comes second only to 'White Pony' in terms of The Deftones best work. 'Adrenalin' is just standard '97 Nu-Metal. 'Around The Fur' as only 3/4 decent tracks. 'White Pony' was brilliant, only 'Elite' really lets the side down. The new album has a few misses, but its mostly great.

The Deftones - 'Elite' is my answer to the thread itself.

Guns N' Roses - Madagascar

Don't deny the greatness that is Madagascar.

Mine:

Metallica - Mama Said.

THAT one scared the fuck out of me.

UYI

I dunno, I like the song myself. And if you actually listen the lyrics, you begin to realize just what a personal song it really is. But then again, perhaps it should have stayed that way, a personal song that Hetfield can keep to himself, and not on a Metallica album.

Guest Random Hero
I'm a big Deftones fan, but the vast majority of the new album is turd.  I've given it a chance, but I just can't get into it at all.  Hexagram, Minerva and Anniversary of an Uninteresting event, are the only good songs on it.

The new album comes second only to 'White Pony' in terms of The Deftones best work. 'Adrenalin' is just standard '97 Nu-Metal. 'Around The Fur' as only 3/4 decent tracks. 'White Pony' was brilliant, only 'Elite' really lets the side down. The new album has a few misses, but its mostly great.

The Deftones - 'Elite' is my answer to the thread itself.

Yeah maybe I am being a bit harsh. It's not turd, just a bit of a let down for me anyway. I'd probably rank it last out of all the Deftones albums, with 'Adrenaline' third and 'Around The Fur' and 'White Pony' pretty much interchangeable as my favourite.

Didn't the Deftones win a Grammy for 'Elite'? No idea why though.

Guest BAR

I actually like 'Mama Said'. Anywho, the whole St. Anger album has been pointed out. I'd single out 'Shoot Me Again' on it's own.

Guest HHH's 'Roid Needle

Long Beach Dub Allstars--"Sunny Hours". WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SHIT? YEAH YEAH, YEAH YEAH. YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAHHHHH.

Didn't the Deftones win a Grammy for 'Elite'? No idea why though.

I had no idea 'Elite' won an award! What the fuck is that about? The song is shite.

For the thread...

Limp Bizkit - Rollin'. I know the third album was shit anyway, but this was just on a whole next level of shit.

Metallica - Invisible Kid. St. Anger sucks in general, but this track was abysmal.

Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dancefloor

I remember listening to a copy of Bruce Springsteen's album "The Ghost of Tom Joad" and wondering what had happened to him. It was just uninspired folksy melancholy... nothing...

The only Bruce Album since "The River" I didn't buy.

Thank God for "The Rising".

I was/ still sorta am a huge KISS fan and all of there 80's stuff sucks outside of Creatures of the Night (Which is probably my favorite KISS album outside of Destroyer). Also KISS in the 90's totally sucked except for Revenge.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

San Tropez by Pink Floyd is indeed a good example, as they were even in a KILLER groove at the time, and put out that stinker. Sure, it was intentional, but that doesn't excuse it from being bad.

Post-Max Cavalera Sepultura.

Post-Sepultura Max Cavalera.

Everything off of Megadeth's Risk.

Excessively happy Beatles.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Eh, last 10. He made some good shit in the 80's, when he was still stoned, but after he sobered up and got all introspective, and had people write music for him...look out below.