TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

Best Tag Team of 2003.

Guest ToddRoyal

Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

AMW may be *slightly* better technically in the ring, but they lose points for not being terribly charismatic. Don't get me wrong, they are great in the southern babyface Rock 'n Roll Express roll, but not at the level of the RnR themselves. Haas and Benjamin meanwhile are always doing something to make a match more interesting and I find WGTT matches much easier to get into than AMW matches.

TWGTT, an absolutely brilliant job over the course of less than a year in adapting and coming together as a very good team. I mean, they lack some charisma, but they'll pick that up, and in spades.

AMW needs a little bit more time, I think. Great RnR type babyfaces, but they really need to work on some things in order to be elite in NA.

But uh, if you go international, it's Lyger and Kanemoto, who are unbeaten since winning the IWGP Jr. Tag Titles in Jan of this year.

Guest Choken One

WGTT has just been amazing, bringing back the old school tag team approach...

AMW hasn't impressed me...

WGTT/Kidman/Mysterio was *SO* much better then AMW/XXX Cage

I havent seen WGTT in action nearly as much as I would like to, but I am still going with them, considering how much they have accomplished in 9 months.

WGTT by a large margain over AMW. Despite having less time in the business as a tag team WGTT has managed to put on some of the best matches in the WWE this year, not to mention the fact that Benjamin is the next Jesus of Workrate.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I can understand that some people would say that WGTT is better than AMW but I honestly don't see how ANYONE can say that they are CLEARLY better......

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

I really don't understand why people cream over AMW. Aside from the cage match, I haven't seen them put on any really good tag matches. They're decent, but probably fifth best team of 2003, with Los Guerreros, xXx, WGTT, and Simon & Swinger all being a cut above them. I seriously don't think AMW is even close to Los Guerreros, xXx, or WGTT; the only reason I put Simon & Swinger ahead is because they're more charismatic.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I'm going with AMW for the cage match alone......

Why just for the cage match?

WGTT had a match just as good at Vengeance against the Filthy Animals.

Not just for the cage match, but BECAUSE of the cage match alone that helps make my decision.......I liked the match with the Kidman/Mysterio vs. WGTT, but I thought the cage match was better....

Guest Monday Night Jericho

Ultimo Guerrero/Rey Bucanero... but for WWE, Los Guerreros, easily...

Guest krazykat72

KENTA & Marufuji are the easy pick here

WGTT would be second.

-Paul Jacobi-

I guess this thread should be retitled best US tag team because WGTT, Los Guerreros, XXX, and AMW can't hold a stick to what Naomichi Marufuji and KENTA have done this year.