TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Not good enough? The season series was 10-9 Yankees. Come on, in THIS postseason, do you REALLY want to be betting the farm on ANYTHING?

More reasons.

The Yankees starting staff is rested, and the Red Sox will have to use Tim Wakefield (who can go either way), and I'd imagine Derek Lowe who isn't the same pitcher on the road as he is at home. Pedro would go Game 3, and the Yankees have had is number in the past. Clemens never pitches well in Boston, so we'll see what happens.

The hitting advantage goes to the Yankees. Their starting to swing hot bats, and honestly I don't think the Red Sox are completley out of their hitting funk.

Yankees in 6. Too many factors in the Yankees favor.

Yeah Banky, karma is a bitch, that's way Miggie the showboat is going home tonight...

Showboating? OMG HE PUMPED HIS FIST AFTER A WIN IN GAME 2! He should die for such an act!!!

How about Derek Lowe grabbing his balls and flipping off the A's dugout?

Gee what a classy team the Red Sox are. What the fuck did the A's ever do to Derek Lowe?

Oh and I'd say karma got Johnny Damon tonight for his comment after the Red Sox went down 2-0 that Boston restuarants should poison the A's players when they are in town. Joke or not another show of Red Sox class.

Edited by Bored

Yeah Banky, karma is a bitch, that's way Miggie the showboat is going home tonight...

Showboating? OMG HE PUMPED HIS FIST AFTER A WIN IN GAME 2! He should die for such an act!!!

How about Derek Lowe grabbing his balls and flipping off the A's dugout?

Gee what a classy team the Red Sox are. What the fuck did the A's ever do to Derek Lowe?

Oh and I'd say karma got Johnny Damon tonight for his comment after the Red Sox went down 2-0 that Boston restuarants should poison the A's players when they are in town. Joke or not another show of Red Sox class.

Holy Double Standard Batman!

Bored, I thought you weren't going to read the comments? Anyways, Tejada didn't just pump his fist, he stood there and postured like he was Jesus Christ, Superstar. And it wasn't game 2, it was game 9 at the end of the eighth or ninth inning...

And the A's wouldn't need anyone to poison their food, they'd choke on it anyways, just like in the playoffs. :lol:

A's? More like D minuses... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and Lowe didn't grab his package, he crotch chopped them, Scott Hall style.

Would Hudson still take Zito over Pedro?

4 1/2 hours until the Marlins begin their conquest of the NL pennant! Who else is deathly excited?!

I am deathly excited, but it's because my CUBBIES ARE GONNA WIN IN 6!!!

Actually, it should make for a great series. Both teams are pretty even. Marlins hit a little better, but the Cubs' piching (which IS better; their bullpen isn't as disastrous as some would lead you to believe) should keep them mostly in check. The question is: can the Cubs break through and actually score some runs against a Marlins' staff this doesn't exactly suck? That's the key to this thing, and if the Cubs are able to score, then they should take it home, curse or no curse!

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

The Cubs can't score on shitty pitching, so I think that will be thier challenge this series. As great as Wood and Prior have been lately, you can't just bank on them going 9 innings and only giving up 1 or 2 runs.

Plus, there is little to no pressure on Florida. Nobody expects them to be where they are now, everyone was waiting for Dusty/Cubs v. Barry/Giants. So Florida has that advantage.

Guest Anglesault
Oh, and Lowe didn't grab his package, he crotch chopped them, Scott Hall

So he's classless AND outdated.

The Cubs were able to score enough runs against a pretty stellar Braves' pitching staff, but yes, the Marlins' pitching will be a challenge, as will the Cubs' pitching. I think the outcome of these first two games could play a factor in the outcome of the series.

I am hereby boycotting the ALCS after hearing that Joe West will be on the umpire crew!

This REEKS of fould play by MLB. Last time West was an umpire for a Red Sox game, he called what would have been a homerun, or at least a double, an out when a fan grabbed the ball. There was clearly no chance the fielder would have cought the ball either.

He later said that he would "See you guys in the playoffs" meaning he admittedly holds a personal grudge against Boston, especially Pedro Martinez. West and Martinez have had several altercations in which West would hold Pedro to miniscule strike zones which were blatantly too tight.

Guest Anglesault
I am hereby boycotting the ALCS after hearing that Joe West will be on the umpire crew!

This REEKS of fould play by MLB.

So wait...

You think MLB is going out of their way to help the YANKEES?

If Boston loses (and I sure as hell hope they don't) then it will be because the Yankees are a better team, it won't be the fault of the umprires.

You may lose a game because of bad referring/umpiring, but if you're the better team, you won't lose the series because of it.

If you honestly think you're going to boycott the ALCS when your team has finally made it back, you're insanse. Boycotting a game over umpiring is dumb! Perhaps boycotting wasn't the right word?

On a side note, half hour, baby!!! I'm so amped I'm gonna run around my house and give all my housemates headbutts.

If you honestly think you're going to boycott the ALCS when your team has finally made it back, you're insanse. Boycotting a game over umpiring is dumb! Perhaps boycotting wasn't the right word?

On a side note, half hour, baby!!! I'm so amped I'm gonna run around my house and give all my housemates headbutts.

*Resists comment*

Goosebumps during the Clocks intro. Never in a million years did I expect the Marlins to be in the NLCS at the beginning of the season.

I'm so happy right now.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

somebody should tell FOX about that Prior guy. I heard he's ok.

There was a local report that last night's Red Sox-A's game drew a 47 rating and 71 share in Boston.

Why am I not surprised at that?

Guest Anglesault
I'm gonna be pissed tomorrow if we get Sox/Yanks instead of Cubs/Marlins.

All about the ratings

Greatest Rivalry in sports > Fluke 1 vs. Fluke 2

I heard that you get the game in your area.

Damn, Pudge swung at a bad pitch to pop out to first and Lee just got outmatched in his first at bat. Missed opportunity #1, hope it doesn't come back to bite in the ass.