TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Alyson Hannigan getting NBC show

Hannigan Takes Stab at NBC Sitcom

Sun Oct 12, 8:34 PM ET

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" co-star Alyson Hannigan is returning to the small screen.

The actress, also of "American Pie" fame, has inked a talent deal with NBC to star in a comedy project for the network targeted for fall 2004.

"She has such a natural effervescence, she brought into 'Buffy' a real sense of humor to the role of Willow, and between that and the 'American Pie' movies, where she's so winning, we really think that this is the right time for her to try a half-hour comedy," NBC executive vp casting Marc Hirschfeld said.

Hannigan, who is meeting with writers and reading scripts, played Willow Rosenberg, the best friend of Buffy Summers (Sarah Michelle Gellar), on Joss Whedon's cult series. On the big screen, she most recently reprised her role as the nerdy band camp lover Michelle Flaherty in "American Wedding."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

-----------------------------------

Don't know anything about it...but we need Aly back on tv!

Guest EQ

I don't think she can carry a show either. I can't even really think of what the show might be about.

Guest Choken One

bank that it will be another AWESOME office sitcom or another friends rip off or another girl looks for mr. right in the ODDEST place...

Guest El Satanico

With NBC it's not too hard to guess what kind of show they will do. Maybe they will do another Seinfeld rip off...they haven't done that for awhile.

Guest El Satanico

Maybe she'll be a bar owner who has recently hired a love interest and they have a love/hate relationship.

And Horatio Sanz will be the fat lovable drunk who's a regular.

I just can't watch shows with the core Buffy group. It's just too weird.

Fringe Buffy people I can watch...like Principal Wood being on 24 this year...that's cool.

But watching Xander or Willow...probably the hardest two to take as other characters.

I heard somewhere that Xander might be getting a show too.

I like Aly and all, but like others said she's not a lead actress. Plus her strengths on Buffy were in the dramatic moments in my opinion and not the humor ones. She has an uncanny ability to cry on screen.

Why are all of you coming down on this NBC sitcom,

when you know NOTHING about it.

AH may not be a huge network star, but that could change you know. Just saying is all.

I heard somewhere that Xander might be getting a show too.

I like Aly and all, but like others said she's not a lead actress. Plus her strengths on Buffy were in the dramatic moments in my opinion and not the humor ones. She has an uncanny ability to cry on screen.

He actually did have one for Fox but it was cancelled before it even hit the airwaves.

Nick Brendon is never going to work again. I have said this since I started watching Buffy and I say it now. he will never get another job in the acting business unless Joss Whedon or a Mutant Enemy person is directing.

And to be honest with you...I don't think James Marsters will ever find work again once the Angel ends. He will probably have to go back to the stage.

Its not because they aren't great actors because they are, but they are like Matt Leblanc....he is a good actor but when it is all said and done, Joey is the last character he will ever play.

Nick Brendon is never going to work again. I have said this since I started watching Buffy and I say it now. he will never get another job in the acting business unless Joss Whedon or a Mutant Enemy person is directing.

And to be honest with you...I don't think James Marsters will ever find work again once the Angel ends. He will probably have to go back to the stage.

Its not because they aren't great actors because they are, but they are like Matt Leblanc....he is a good actor but when it is all said and done, Joey is the last character he will ever play.

Except Matt LeBlanc actually got some movie roles like Lost in Space.