TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Where do you work?

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

Currently I am unemployed, but I have a job interview on Monday. The pay is good, so I hope they hire me! :)

I work at a certain video game store.

Its awesome, 60% of the people in there speak shitty English so I just suggest to them the hottest products and they're none the wiser.

I work for a training company that goes into Fortune 500 companies and customizes training programs for them and then we use that to train their employees on their companies financials.

Well I quit my job because the head manager thought I was dating one of the assistant managers no matter how many times I told her I wasn't. So she tried to make my life difficult for me.

Anyways so I had an interview on Friday at Enterprise Rent a Car and they're doing a Motor Vehicle Background check on me....then I'll know Monday or Tuesday if i have the job....

I work in the FanAttic stores at the Pengrowth Saddledome. I love it there: the people are great, the pay is alright, you get to watch a lot of the games, and the job uniform is the new red Flames jersey. Besides, I always wanted a job doing something I enjoyed doing, working with something I know about, and I found the perfect one.

I work for Campus Media at my university

Essentially I'm an AV/tech geek

I'm working towards teaching college math, either ju-co or maybe 4-year (dunno if I want to get a PhD yet)... although that's a different thread there

I'm a seller for the green house I work at part time where I deal with clients, get a damn good commission, and its all cash so I don't get taxed on it. Its pretty good during the summer but slows down enough by beginning of fall that I can usaully show up one day a week at most. Also I am starting an aquatic plant division there which connects with my own landscaping business that I run, majoring in koi ponds. My main job is being the area manager and advertising agent for a string of small businesses ranging from car washes to small diners. My favorite part is, that for the most part, I set my own hours at all of these which gives me plently of time for my new DDR arcade game and my hobbies of yoga, bonsai trees, and getting wasted with friends.

Guest Retro Rob

Grocery store. I do practically everything from register, to packing out, to leveling, and closing.

I work at Bayer Diagnostics in Walpole Mass.

We make chemicals used for Hospital Diagnostic Testing. Say if you go to the hospital and they run random tests for Cancer, HIV, Hepititis etc. That's the stuff we make. I work on the Production floor where all the chemicals are Bottled, Labeled, Packaged, and shipped out.

Yes that's Bayer as in the asprin..and the now famous Cipro (treatment for Anthrax and other upper resperitory ailments :)

Guest TUS_02

I pitch tents all day....

Seriously, people who are having weddings, or other type of gatherings that require a large amount of people will call us up and order a tent, then we drive over there and build it. They also rent tables, chairs, lights, etc... from us. It's pretty cool, you get paid to travel and it's mindless, so there's no real pressure... the only problem is that I have 3 bosses who hate each other so they always enjoy to contradict each other... it gets annoying, but I can do nothing and be on the clock for like 4 hours before we actually have to BE somewhere

Guest meanmaisch

Substitute teaching and various teaching internships (practicums, student teaching).

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

I have two jobs

One is in Dunnes, which is an Irish Walmart, I work in Grocery, stacking shelves

The other is freelancing for The Sunday Tribune Newspaper

Guest stardust

Today it felt as though I worked in hell. In reality, though, it's just Old Navy.