TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

11/30 Show Cancelled

"The NWA TNA PPV show scheduled for 11/30 was canceled this afternoon when officials found out Hulk Hogan would be undergoing surgery on his right knee.

Hogan's surgery is scheduled for 10/31, after aggravated the knee in his match on 10/13 against Masahiro Chono.

The deal itself hasn't fallen through but a big show would not be taking place this year."

Credit: Wrestlingobserver

God damn, there just seems to be no luck for up and coming promotions.

It would flop if they went ahead with it, I mean, if they can't get people to buy Wednesday PPVs for 10 bucks, how will they get people to spend 30? Especially in a month with Survivor Series. They could use this as a good opportunity to run an injury angle with Hogan, putting over someone (young?) by taking Hogan out.

It makes them look bad but its not their fault. So what. Its a factor that they couldn't control. Its not like they ran out of money or couldn't get a good place to run it.

Guest BionicRedneck
It makes them look bad but its not their fault. So what. Its a factor that they couldn't control. Its not like they ran out of money or couldn't get a good place to run it.

Oh, I agree. It's not their fault, but it does make them look bad. It's like coming out and saying "Non of our wrestlers are worth payin $30 to see".

Guest Coffey

Is this some kind of sick joke? I'm in denial here!

So, since Hogan isn't going to show up, is Jeff Jarrett still going to go over AJ Styles?

Guest MikeSC
Hmm, a big Sunday PPV without a star to sell it. ITS GONNA FLOP.

Seeing as how I've yet to see a single ad for it, it's for the best.

They actually need a MARKETING CAMPAIGN as most people don't have a clue that they exist.

-=Mike

Guest Boo_Bradley

I expect this thread to have a minimum of 75 posts before its through, the flames have just begun!

This friggin' sucks for sure, but if anything it means TNA is just going to work that much harder. I'm disappointed, but I'm now also anxious to see how the long-term booking (with more time to build to a huge show) will pan out.

There's pluses and minuses.

The negatives are basically for me and others looking forward to it...and for TNA since they have no excuse on air as to why the show is off.

The positives are I'd Love to see what Mantel can lay out for a show in a few months instead of a few weeks. His best work in IWA, IMO was building towards emotional blowoff matches. The quality and success of the show may improve as a result when it does happen.

Sucks since I was pumped though.

Alright. I'll guess they'll announce that Hogan needs unspecified surgery as a result of Jarrett's attack.

That'll buy them time on that...and let Jarrett get footing as a heel before the make up next year.

What they SHOULD do is put Styles over tomorrow and worry about putting the title back on Jarrett in a couple months.

Not just because I don't want Jarrett getting the title back (especially now that it's for no reason) but because the booking going into the match FAVORS Styles retaining.