TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennsoe

WHY do you enjoy Nwa Tna ???

Guest glennsoe

Just wondering why you all dig Nwa Tna.. My 3 reasons are;

* X Division (Matches you'll NEVER see in the wwe)

* "wwe leftovers" given a more than fair chance !! (Ekmo/Raven/D'lo to name a few)

* Sonjay Dutt/Chris Sabin/Kid Kash and Aj Styles

What are your reasons for watching, digging and loving Nwa Tna ??

- Glenn -

Hmm... let me think...

1) It's an alternative to the WWE. You cannot argue that at all.

2) AJ Styles and Raven are my two current favorite faces. Regardless of what some people think, Jeff Jarrett is a great heel as well. The characters in TNA are well established and not made to look foolish (with exception of David Young).

3) There are no McMahons.

4) The matches are given more time.

5) The X Division

6) Abyss is the best hoss to come along in a long time.

7) Many independent stars are featured as being more than jobbers like they are on Velocity and Heat.

8) I don't usually get to order it every week (except for the past three weeks) so when I do get the show, it's sort of a special occasion.

9) The Asylum has an intimate (if not trashy) feel to it.

10) TNA makes me feel like a young wrestling fan all over again.

Guest TDinDC1112
It's not WWE.

Exactly. I've always been like that. I just like alternatives, which is why I seek out ROH, MLW, TNA. When WWF and WCW were big, I went out of my way to see ECW too. I just like having choices and not being fed the same type of match and style and interview and people all the time. TNA is an alternative, plain and simple, even if for the most part it's admittedly kind of crappy.

Guest Dynamite Kido

::waiting for Dave O'Neill Journalist to come in and bitch::

oh, that's right, he doesn't watch.

AJ

Abyss

Kid Kash's heelness

AMW

Sonny Siaki's music

Trinity's body

Cage Dancers

Don West's enthusiasm

Raven's cool promos

Dusty Rhodes promos that no one can understand

seeing old NWA/WCW stars, until they get in the ring

Roadkill

Simon/Swinger

Guest Coffey

...and here I've always thought that those worthless sluts in the cages were a downfall....

Every couple of months they hit a one or two show streak where they put on some cracking wrestling - I'm a little worried about the current downswing in quality as, with Hogan on the horizon, there doesn't seem to be any sign of the light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, and no McMahons!

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

When I first started watching it...all about AJ, the X Division and the Truth.

Now, I watch it to see my favorite guys on the indys- like Sonjay and Sabin- get "their shot."

Also, the TNA atmosphere seems to be more "fresh" than WWE's, there's a real air of unpredictability and dynamism that WWE lacks.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Fuck you. If people, like you, didn't flame the shit out of me on a dailybasis, I'd write about some of the stuff I think TNA is doing right

Guest Dynamite Kido

Fuck you. If people, like you, didn't flame the shit out of me on a dailybasis, I'd write about some of the stuff I think TNA is doing right

Fuck me??? I think not there buddy. How exactly am I flaming you on a daily basis? Also, how exactly do I stop you from writing anything? You show your intelligence with comments like that. Good job douche.......

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Everytime I make any point, be it a legit one (and I've made several this week alone), or just angry rantings (as it stands, im off work with a chest infection and the flu, so my angry ranting quotient is up) SOMEONE, and it's usually you or Mad Dog pops up and says, "No, your'e wrong...your'e a fag who doesn't even watch TNA, etc, etc" Thats flaming

If, people, like you, were to respect my opinions as a SEPERATE OPINION to yours, I could go on all night about the stuff I actually like about TNA

As it stands now, you get nothing

Edited by Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Argh... enough of this already. All of you have been warned about turning threads in this forum into flamefests(you know who you are).

Either take that shit to the right forum or drop it. Keep it up like this and you'll be looking for another board in a heartbeat.

Guest Devin
As it stands now, you get nothing

Who cares? Who says we want "anything" from you? You don't even watch TNA! Why would TNA care about the opinion of someone who doesn't watch the show? Why would the people on this board discussing TNA, care about the opinion of someone who doesn't watch the show? And most importantly, why would someone waste all their time posting about a show they don't even watch, with a bunch of people who don't want you posting? You're like that little kid in every grade school who just doesn't get it, and keeps trying to hang out despite everyone saying they don't want his annoying little ass around.

I like TNA because....

-Jeff Jarrett holds down CM Punk.

No really, the first thing that got me to watch TNA since episode 1 was pretty simple, it was a nationally avaliable (albeit for a small weekly fee) alternative to WWE.

-There is more freedom in the ring. No restrictive homogenous WWE style.

-In the early days especially, the X division was highlighted and even treated as the main event.

-New stars. Not since ECW has it been this fun to watch former no-bodies become name talent.

-Old school Southern feel. The intimate arena, Southern crowd, heat building matches, basic feuds give me a fuzzy nostalgic feeling, especially for someone too young to have been into the old NWA.

-A little something for everyone. They don't restrict themselves to one style. You can see straight wrestling, bloody brawls, high flying affairs, unique gimmick matches.

-Not as much time focused on useless interview segments as much as WWE, oh and NO MCMAHONS. Luckily, No Russo anymore either!

-Ron Killings and AJ Styles have been NWA Champions after groundroots support was listened to, you'd never see that in WWE...which leads me to...

-They listen to and like their fans. Ok, heel section feud aside, they make an effort to listen to what the fans want, take great advantage of their website and mailing lists, have prizes for ordering show, etc. It just makes you feel involved.

-Surpise names. Every week you never know who might show up. They had a string of weeks where every week a name from the past or a recently departed WWE guy would show up. It made things fun and spontenous, especially since they don't wear out their welcome unless they're good.

So these are just some of the reasons I continue to support and watch TNA, even as I live at school and thus have to wait until the weekend to watch a tape of that week's show. I'm sure someone will break down each of my points with incredibly creative responses like "Oh yeah, the purple shirt security feud is thrilling!" or "ROH does all of this plus they have 4 hour matches of Lo Ki vs. American Dragon matches..." I don't care. I've seen a little ROH, it's good, it's not nationally avaliable. TNA is. Anyway my response to all of these people is my #1 reason I like TNA....

Jeff Jarrett.

Where's this 4 hour Ki-Dragon match? I'd like to see it.

As for surprises.. if you like Jim Duggan and Rick Steiner all the power to ya, but not me. As fas as every new WWE guy coming in, it makes them look like the house of WWE rejects. And listening tp their fans? No way.

"Wrestling fans" who don't support TNA deserve to watch WWE.

As for the true fans, we deserve a better and more entertaining alternative.

Guest JacK

I dunno, it's different I guess. When I first saw it I was like "wow" because it was so different. I dunno what, it just seemed - better. Oh, and Raven. Raven and AJ. And all those other X-Division guys. They rule.

When it's good, it's great.

From the other side...

...when it's bad, it's horrible.

I was actually going to make this point as to why I feel, on a general overall basis, that WWE is a superior product.

WWE: While most shows are incredibly average, almost to the point of boredom, you know you can expect certain things. On Raw, you can expect a decent contest for the Intercontinental title, and a few good backstage vignettes. On SmackDown, you can get a few good matches, some solid backstage vignettes, and the joys of seeing Paul Heyman as an on-air character again.

TNA: "When it rains, it pours." That's what best describes TNA to me, really. When it's going good, it becomes great. But when they hit their bi-monthly pothole, it's nearly unbearable to watch.