TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
brokentusk16

Annoying extra on Foley DVD...

Ok, I finally picked up the Foley DVD (hope to get the Flair one in a couple weeks), and it has some good stuff on it, but WHY IN GOD'S NAME did they put the Mick/Coach commentary over the Sting/Cactus Jack match?!??!? Couldn't they have that as an option, a la HBK's DVD?? Sorry, but it's just so annoying!!

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Who did the original commentary? Ross & Ventura? (Second best commentary team, IMO, next to Gorilla & Brain)

Who did the original commentary? Ross & Ventura? (Second best commentary team, IMO, next to Gorilla & Brain)

JIm Ross & Jesse "The Body" Ventura were indeed the original commentators for the Sting/Cactus "Beach Blast" match.

I wonder if Jesse's lawsuit (over royalties) years ago - which he won - over the use of video featuring him without his premission was the reason the match was over-dubbed. If the 2/3 falls match from the Clash on the Austin DVD is also dubbed, that may be why.

Jim Ross and Jesse Ventura did the commentary for the PPV, and WWE is editing Ventura out of all their retail releases due to some controversy over royalties again.

Ok, I finally picked up the Foley DVD (hope to get the Flair one in a couple weeks), and it has some good stuff on it, but WHY IN GOD'S NAME did they put the Mick/Coach commentary over the Sting/Cactus Jack match?!??!? Couldn't they have that as an option, a la HBK's DVD?? Sorry, but it's just so annoying!!

They had to redo the commentary in order to avoid paying Jesse Ventura royalties for his voice.

Jim Ross and Jesse Ventura did the commentary for the PPV, and WWE is editing Ventura out of all their retail releases due to some controversy over royalties again.

That sucks! I'm a huge fan of the Ross/Ventura broadcast team. I think they're able to use Jesse on WWE videos but not from his WCW days.

Jesse/Gorilla >>> Jesse/Ross. That is all.

Indeed.

Jesse/Gorilla RIGHT NOW > JR/King.

I don't think it is so much the money as it is that Jesse and Vince hate each other.

Guest Choken One

if they hate each other so much...Then why did Jesse do SummerSlam 1999 or the XFL debacle?

Don't say Money...Jesse had that and could get Money from any endorsment offer at the time

would Jesse even care anymore?

WOuld he notice?

Ten bucks says he has some lawyer on tap to make sure that WWE doesn't use him to make money.

Jesse/Gorilla >>> Jesse/Ross. That is all.

Indeed.

Jesse/Gorilla RIGHT NOW > JR/King.

I don't think it is so much the money as it is that Jesse and Vince hate each other.

Isn't Gorrilla dead? ...... still better than JR/King

Guest Guybrush Threepwood

Just to clear it up, they have to remove Jesse's voice from footage that have never released before on home video. That's why Hogan/Andre & Hogan/Orndorff were okay but the Foley squash with the Bulldogs & WCW stuff is not.

Basically Jesse received a settlement when he originally sued in the early 90's and part of that was he was paid for all previous home video footage and agreed it could be used again.

The idea that someone deserves royalties for color commentary is idiotic. No one buys a wrestling DVD for the commentary.

Wasn't he paid enough just to record it the first time?

Guest Choken One
The idea that someone deserves royalties for color commentary is idiotic. No one buys a wrestling DVD for the commentary.

Wasn't he paid enough just to record it the first time?

yet another thing to blame Hogan for.

I have a questions: What are the Easter Eggs on the Foley DVD?

Disc 1: Go to the Chapters menu. Go down to Cactus Jack vs. Chris Candido. Press the right arrow two times to see the Dude Love Titan Tron enterance video.

Disc 1: Go to the Extras menu. Go down to Main Menu. Press the left arown two times to see Mick leap off the top of his home when he was really young.

Disc 2: Go to the Chapters menu. Go down to Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind. Press the left arrow two times to see a Mankind Chef Boyardee commercial.

Disc 2: Go to the Extras menu. Go down to The Birth of Mr. Socko. Press right two times to see a D-Generation X skit on Mankind, "Have a Bad Day".

credit: nodq.com

Guest FrigidSoul
Confidential just had the match (not full of course) with the original commentary..

They're not making money off of it though by showing it on Confidential, thus no royalties for Jesse.

Guest Jimbo
would Jesse even care anymore?

WOuld he notice?

what's the former governor doing now anyway?

Possible solution (don't have the DVD so don't know if it would work) if you watch DVDs on your computer:

Get the original match of Kazaa and sync the audio from that with the video from the DVD

Well it could be worse...Heenan could have been edited out.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Speaking of the Foley DVD, sometimes, when I want to pick out a match to watch from the Chapters section, the DVD just plays back from the beginning with the Warning level and then back to the menu. I have to watch all the advertisements beforehand to watch without problems. Anyone else have this problem?

Possible solution (don't have the DVD so don't know if it would work) if you watch DVDs on your computer:

Get the original match of Kazaa and sync the audio from that with the video from the DVD

It'll work. :)

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Ventura's commentary is also edited out of Cactus/Vader, hence the blank areas of commentary.

I wondered why Schiavone was going solo.