TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Kanyon released

From wwe.com-

WWE’s Talent Relations Department has announced that Chris Kanyon has been released from his contract as of Monday, Feb. 9.

Hopefully he can go on the indies and make some money for himself. I felt bad for him since he had been doing absolutely nothing for a year.

Damn...I guess it should be 'Who more mis-treated than Kanyon?'

A really underrated wrestler that never got a true chance the moment he got his contract...good luck to him on the indie circuit, and probably by next week TNA.

Guest FrigidSoul

Thinking about it now, I wonder if he was one of the guys who asked for his release out of that speculated group of 4-6. God knows he could do better elsewhere so it wouldn't surprise me.

I still say when Kanyon came back from his severe shoulder injury around February 2003, they should have had him come back thinking the InVasion was still going on. That = gold.

...And yet, A-Train still has a job.

I think he might do what Malice/Awesome have been doing in AJPW. Zero-1 might pick him up but if he hates traveling he might just settle with TNA for now.

He's the perfect WWE midcarder - can wrestle, bumps great, can talk, is comfortable on camera, has cool moves, has a catchphrase, has good size, and can do comedy. He's also got experience training people. He can get over as a heel or face. They don't want to push him as a single? Fine, team him up w/ O'Haire in the tag division on SD or Raw. Both divisions need some fresh blood.

Orlando Jordan is still on the roster? Orlando *fucking* Jordan?! John *fucking* Heidenreich is still under contract?! Ernest *fucking* Miller?!

Fuck this shit. Ruined my fucking day. Fuck Vince. Fuck Steph. Fuck the "writers" and "creative" who didn't have anything for him to do.

Fuck.

And good luck to Kanyon.

He's the perfect WWE midcarder - can wrestle, bumps great, can talk, is comfortable on camera, has cool moves, has a catchphrase, has good size, and can do comedy. He's also got experience training people. He can get over as a heel or face. They don't want to push him as a single? Fine, team him up w/ O'Haire in the tag division on SD or Raw. Both divisions need some fresh blood.

Orlando Jordan is still on the roster? Orlando *fucking* Jordan?! John *fucking* Heidenreich is still under contract?! Ernest *fucking* Miller?!

Fuck this shit. Ruined my fucking day. Fuck Vince. Fuck Steph. Fuck the "writers" who didn't have anything for him to do.

Fuck.

And good luck to Kanyon.

Amen to that.

Hit the nail on the head.

Guest Goodear

Fuck this shit. Ruined my fucking day. Fuck Vince. Fuck Steph. Fuck the "writers" and "creative" who didn't have anything for him to do.

Uhm... okay. I LOVE Kanyon. Love him to death. One of my favorite workers even when he wore a skull on his head. But ruined your day? The fact that he's been released by a bunch of retards that couldn't figure out what to do with him is grounds for rejoice! Now he might actually get to work matches again! Christ it feels like its been years since the last time Kanyon was important. Better to see him go, hopefully get working with ROH where he'll be bigger than most everyone and look like a killer, and start producing again. I'm glad the guy is out from under the WWE umbrella since they've proved beyond all doubt they never liked him in the first place.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

Would ROh take him? ROH doesn't really take "big names" much do they, but Kanyon would do great there. If he goes to TNA, he needs to do the Postively Kanyon gimmick

Guest Goodear
Would ROh take him? ROH doesn't really take "big names" much do they, but Kanyon would do great there. If he goes to TNA, he needs to do the Postively Kanyon gimmick

ROH grabs up pretty much every name indy guy that they can as far as I can tell except for like ancient WWE castaways like Hacksaw Duggan or whatever. If they'll bring in Konan and Jeff Hardy for a shot, Kanyon shouldn't have any problem ... and I doubt he'll get the 'Don't Come Back' chants those two did.

While he's definitely better than a lot of the dead weight still on the WWE roster right now, I think the Internet folk tend to overrate him to a high degree. His talent level has been blown out of proportion by his lack of push, more or less giving him cult hero status on forums such as this one.

Uhm... okay. I LOVE Kanyon. Love him to death. One of my favorite workers even when he wore a skull on his head. But ruined your day? The fact that he's been released by a bunch of retards that couldn't figure out what to do with him is grounds for rejoice! Now he might actually get to work matches again! Christ it feels like its been years since the last time Kanyon was important. Better to see him go, hopefully get working with ROH where he'll be bigger than most everyone and look like a killer, and start producing again. I'm glad the guy is out from under the WWE umbrella since they've proved beyond all doubt they never liked him in the first place.

I'm probably overreacting (but not by much ;) ), but the thing is I don't buy ROH tapes, nor do I order TNA. Seeing him for free in the WWE would be my preference.

I'm sure it'll be good for Kanyon.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Uhm... okay.  I LOVE Kanyon.  Love him to death.  One of my favorite workers even when he wore a skull on his head.  But ruined your day?  The fact that he's been released by a bunch of retards that couldn't figure out what to do with him is grounds for rejoice!  Now he might actually get to work matches again!  Christ it feels like its been years since the last time Kanyon was important.  Better to see him go, hopefully get working with ROH where he'll be bigger than most everyone and look like a killer, and start producing again.  I'm glad the guy is out from under the WWE umbrella since they've proved beyond all doubt they never liked him in the first place.

I'm probably overreacting (but not by much ;) ), but the thing is I don't buy ROH tapes, nor do I order TNA. Seeing him for free in the WWE would be my preference.

I'm sure it'll be good for Kanyon.

Tip of advice : Get some ROH

Guest Choken One

Unlike Most here, I don't see Kanyon as anything special and screams MID-CARD at best, He was used to PERFECTION in WCW where they played up on his attributes PERFECTLY. I never got how people thought he was GREAT in the ring, he was perfectly solid and could work with a wide range of styles, Fast Paced, Brawling, Mat etc, I always considered him a more Charismatic version of Lance Storm.

They used Kanyon pretty decently during the InVasion, as he was perhaps one of only 3-5 people that were treated worth a damn (others were Booker, RVD, Page and Rhyno)...I'm not exactly sure why WWE gave up, I mean I know he had the injury and he came back with zero hype and was stuck into the velocity curcuit and then fell off completely from there.

Where does he go from here? TNA seems Natural for him to revive his tired and used gimmick, that will likely go over with the 4500 people that watch the company.

How is Kanyon a "big" Name? Like Goodear said, If ROH can bring in Konnan and Jeff, Kanyon isn't above them, Jeff Hardy is about the biggest name ROH ever had at ANYPOINT. Kanyon would fit well with ROH.

Not sure how his act would go over in Japan though...

Guest BionicRedneck
Tip of advice : Get some ROH

Ugh...I dunno about that. Sure, they have had some good-great matches but as a promotion? Bleh! I'd rather stab my eyes than watch Special K again. Plus, RF is a cunt.

O'haire is next

Good. He's truly fucking useless.