TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The best botches.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Yeah, he was like "Damnit! Not another one! Why is he even the senior referee!" Well, the last part was my addition.

What was even funnier was the promo HBK cut after that match warning HHH about what would happen if he didn't join the NWO and he kept looking at Nash laying down in the corner...

Didn't he say something later on anout how he "saw the demons going after Kevin", or something equally retarded in a total misappropriation of religion sort-of way?

I can't recall the promo exactly, but he said something to the effect of "if you don't make the right choice soon, Hunter...", *pauses and takes a look at Nash grabbing his knee*, "YOU'LL be laying face-down like everyone else here!".

Throughout his lil speech, he kept taking glances over at Nash and when he said the final part about ending up face-down like everyone else in the ring, you could see people laughing in the background(at least, I think. Haven't seen that ep in a loooooong time).

Guest Coffey

...and then magically Kane had a lighter after the first three matches wouldn't light.

Heh.

Brock Lesnar giving A-Train and F5 that came damn near to breaking his neck and killing him on Smackdown last year. Just look at Tazz and Michael Cole's reaction at ringside...they thought he was done.

How about when the Guerreros beat Haas and Benjamin for the titles on the night of the Ironman match? I think they were supposed to do a double flapjack and Haas took it as a backdrop. It looked brutal.

Here's one I'm surprised some people forgot:

No Mercy 2003- A-Train/Benoit. Train has Chris up for a gorilla press and drops him head-first onto a chair in the ring. I'm no A-Tain fan or anything, but man... the look on his face as it all happened and when he checked on Benoit made me feel sorry for him.

Guest Anglesault
How about when the Guerreros beat Haas and Benjamin for the titles on the night of the Ironman match? I think they were supposed to do a double flapjack and Haas took it as a backdrop. It looked brutal.

Weren't Eddy and Chavo like REALLY sloppy in that match?

How about when the Guerreros beat Haas and Benjamin for the titles on the night of the Ironman match?  I think they were supposed to do a double flapjack and Haas took it as a backdrop.  It looked brutal.

Not really, but the finish was a culmination of sloppy work, complete with Eddy overshooting the frog splash and giving Haas a concussion with a top-rope knee to the head.

What about poor Pete Gas at Royal Rumble 2000 during the Posse's second run-in? He nearly decapitates himself on the bottom rope while sliding into the ring, and then takes a super awkward bump to the outside after just standing in the ring trying to regain his bearings.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Pretty much anytime Lita tries the moonsault. As a great man once said "Lita's moonsault is the most devastating knee to the head in the business"

Guest BDC

I didn't check, but what about Billy Gunn almost breaking Benoit's neck b/c he screwed up a press slam?

Can someone explain (in as much detail as possible) Steinerline '03? I've never seen it and hell, I don't think I heard about it when it happened. Thanks-Jim

Guest Duncan Eternia
RVD missing that spinkick in the ladder match at SummerSlam 01.

This is one I actually thought looked cool. It made it seem that the guys were really trying to bust out everything in order to win regardless of the chance. Just my opinion.

I think the best botch (if it can be considered one) was when Rock and Foley were in the ring and rock goes to move his head all cool like and his shades go flying off. Classic stuff!

Guest wildpegasus
I didn't check, but what about Billy Gunn almost breaking Benoit's neck b/c he screwed up a press slam?

Kane and the Rock had screwups with Benoit too. When Kane did an inverted suplex to Benoit back into the ring he landed on his head.

Rock once did a german suplex on Raw from MSG to Benoit in a title match. That was the only german suplex I've ever seen Rock do.

The last match between Benoit and Haas had Haas execute an overhead belly to belly suplex where Benoit landed on either his neck or head. It wasn't too long after that belly to belly suplexes were banned.

Guest wildpegasus
How about when the Guerreros beat Haas and Benjamin for the titles on the night of the Ironman match?  I think they were supposed to do a double flapjack and Haas took it as a backdrop.  It looked brutal.

Not really, but the finish was a culmination of sloppy work, complete with Eddy overshooting the frog splash and giving Haas a concussion with a top-rope knee to the head.

I'm not sure if Eddy even made any real contact with Haas head there. It was hard to tell. Haas was already out bigtime before that hit.

Guest wildpegasus

I'm not even sure if Eddy made any real contact with Haas head there from the frogsplash. I remember it being hard to tell. The one thing I do remember was that Haas was definitely big time out of it before Eddy hit the splash.

How about that Raw where La Resistance threw Spike Dudley over the ropes? They were supposed to throw him through a table and missed.

It looked like Spike landed on his upper back and neck region. I thought they'd paralyzed him.

Guest wildpegasus
How about that Raw where La Resistance threw Spike Dudley over the ropes? They were supposed to throw him through a table and missed.

It looked like Spike landed on his upper back and neck region. I thought they'd paralyzed him.

And he did have reprecussions from that. Didn't he have surgery or something like that rescently. I think that hit might have been the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Rock also had that powerbomby-looking thing when he and Benoit wrestled at Fully Loaded 2000. I almost thought was gonna kill him.

Here's a couple of Taker ones from 2001:

- One RAW, he was in a tag match against Test and went to Last Ride him and almost dropped him over the top rope, nearly avoiding breaking his neck.

- On RAW post-heel turn, he goes to Last Ride Rock and botches it almost as bad as he did with Test, only that he almost fell forward with Rocky.

- On the infamous RAW ladder match with Jeff Hardy, I don't know whether Jeff jumped too soon or what, but Taker almost trips and damn near falls into the ropes on the Last Ride attempt nearly doing them both in.

A Bubba Ray one: This was the RAW after Unforgiven 2002. In the main event tag match, Bubba was supposed to powerbomb HHH through the table that had been set up, but something happened to his arm and he dropped HHH on the corner and RVD had to make up for it by splashing Hunter through what was left.

Guest MikeSC
I know its not wwe, but the Shockmaster has earned his place in every thread like thi...until the end of time :D

No mention of Hogan's attempt at a fireball against Warrior at Halloween Havoc '98?

-=Mike

Can someone explain (in as much detail as possible) Steinerline '03? I've never seen it and hell, I don't think I heard about it when it happened. Thanks-Jim

A.k.a. the Superman Dive of Doom, at Bad Blood right before the match started, Test grabbed Stacy away from Steiner. Scott went through the ropes and was gonna jump off the apron and hit him from behind. As he jumped, he slipped and almost fell on his head. I got a clip if anybody wants it. A true classic that botch is. :D

I know its not wwe, but the Shockmaster has earned his place in every thread like thi...until the end of time :D

No mention of Hogan's attempt at a fireball against Warrior at Halloween Havoc '98?

-=Mike

*Warrior walks around dazed*

*Hogan crouches in corner holding lighter and flash paper*

Hogan: C'mon, c'mon....

*paper doesn't light*

Hogan:...dammit!

Hey DeonDark, can you post the clip, I have yet to see it either, the Steinerline.

Back to that Taker heel turn, when he was about to Powerbomb Rock and he fell foward. It was pretty funny because he was all tough, and the crowd had to wait for him to show his tough heel turn by powerbombing Rock.