TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The best botches.

Guest Mosaicv2
I'm surprised this thread went three replies before a mention of the now-classic RKO BOTCH~!

ortonbotch.gif

this is the reason everybody on this forum HATES Orton!!

We hated him before the RKOops.

Its not the way I recalled it... im sorry... but after his IC title defense against RVD earlier this year... some people on this board seem to really mark out for him... but right after the IMFAMOUS blowspot... then came the "hmmm... maybe he does suck" feel... just my opinion... & im stickin to it

Also, during the InVasion, Scotty 2 Hotty had made his return the previous week, and was in tag action with William Regal and possibly Tajiri against 3 Alliance stars. Regal has his opponent by the arm, and gestures to tag Scotty, who does his bouncing on the ropes bit to indicate his excitement at this idea. Sadly, Scotty was too excited and slipped from the rope to the floor. The whole crowd started laughing, even Regal started to smile. Scotty got back up, looked embarrassed, then tagged in.

September 13th, 2001 edition of Smackdown.

I have that botch on tape.

Guest Mosaicv2

hey im not tryin to put Orton over... I seriously know he HAS no HEAT... but why on gods green does he still have MARKS? :lol: when will these people realize he doesnt have wat it takes... for now

Guest Bottled Black
About Billy Gunn running to the ring and nearly sliding all the way across it...check out him making the save with Road Dogg for X-Pac during the HHH beating at Wrestlemania 15. He nearly does it there.

That may have been the instance I was thinking of, thought it was Smackdown but I'm probably wrong. I haven't seen it since it happened.

Its not the way I recalled it... im sorry... but after his IC title defense against RVD earlier this year... some people on this board seem to really mark out for him... but right after the IMFAMOUS blowspot... then came the "hmmm... maybe he does suck" feel... just my opinion... & im stickin to it

Gotta say you're wrong. I know for sure everybody hated him before that. I say this because I like him, and should thus be an impartial observer.

Guest Real F'n Show

some that weren't mentioned yet:

Vader being too late to break up the pin in the Mankind/HBK match at Mind Games...

D'Lo Paralyzing Droz with a botched running powerbomb...

And something happened at Royal Rumble '99 during the X-Pac/Gangrel match involving Teddy Long screwing up, but I can't really remember...

Guest ToddRoyal

Long counted 3 on a Gangrel nearfall, even though that wasn't supposed to be the finish. Everyone stood up and just kinda did nothing for a second before continuing the match to an X-Pac win.

I somehow knew this would end up being Randy Orton topic #3463121. Anyways, back to the botching...

Erik Watts dropkick. Enough said. Does anyone have a clip of that so I can remember how horrid that dropkick was?

Here's a question...

In WWF/E...who has had the worst "You Fucked Up" Chant for a botch (not that they could compare to ones like the ECW JT Smith one, but still)

Oh, another botch...this time from a referee: WrestleMania XIX, when McMahon tried tossing the referee out of the ring during his match with Hogan.

Also, during the InVasion, Scotty 2 Hotty had made his return the previous week, and was in tag action with William Regal and possibly Tajiri against 3 Alliance stars. Regal has his opponent by the arm, and gestures to tag Scotty, who does his bouncing on the ropes bit to indicate his excitement at this idea. Sadly, Scotty was too excited and slipped from the rope to the floor. The whole crowd started laughing, even Regal started to smile. Scotty got back up, looked embarrassed, then tagged in.

Dude, just out of interest, was that actually a botch. I thought it was, but I was watching it in the pub and Muggy thinks it was deliberate. Can you clear this up for us?

One that comes to mind was when HHH knocked out Shane cold with his high knee. Earl started counting and "slipped" when coming down for three. Now that was some funny shit.

QUOTE (bravesfan @ Feb 21 2004, 03:51 AM)

QUOTE (DCMaximo @ Feb 20 2004, 08:18 AM)

Dude, just out of interest, was that actually a botch. I thought it was, but I was watching it in the pub and Muggy thinks it was deliberate. Can you clear this up for us?

I thought it was deliberate, but I guess it's all up to the eyes of the viewers. Anyone can see it differently, and that's the way I saw it.

In WWF/E...who has had the worst "You Fucked Up" Chant for a botch (not that they could compare to ones like the ECW JT Smith one, but still)

I remember Chris Jericho had a pretty loud one at Summerslam 2001 when he slipped off the top rope. Also the RKwhOops got a big one too.

A memorable one was that RAW tag bout between the NAO and the Acolytes, where Gunn gets whipped into the corner so hard by Farooq that the top turnbuckle gets dislodged. The ring was so fucked up that they couldn't really throw each other against the ropes. The best ad lib, of course, was Farooq taking the turnbuckle and pummeling Gunn with it.

Guest TheAnvil

For you LOL MARKS LOL.

DON'T LEECH!

pedigree.gif

kazarian2.gif

What about Eddie Guerrero falling out of the ring at WMX7. That's far worse than Steiner's slip off the apron. At least Steiner was trying to jump from the apron. I had to bring that up, because everyone around here acts like it never happened.

It's not WWE, so whatever.

How about the back to back table botches in AJ/Abyss on this past weeks TNA show? I have a .GIF of them both in the TNA thread for that show.

Goddamn, that Styles Clash looked hellacious. Who's the guy taking it, and how do I forward the floral arrangement to his next of kin?

Guy's name is Frankie Kazarian.

Don't worry, he still wrestled after that match.

Regal has his opponent by the arm, and gestures to tag Scotty, who does his bouncing on the ropes bit to indicate his excitement at this idea. Sadly, Scotty was too excited and slipped from the rope to the floor. The whole crowd started laughing, even Regal started to smile. Scotty got back up, looked embarrassed, then tagged in.

It was accidental - Scotty slipped on the bottom rope when he was coming down.

The announcers covered it as being a deliberate "crowd-pleaser" by S2H.

What about Eddie Guerrero falling out of the ring at WMX7. That's far worse than Steiner's slip off the apron. At least Steiner was trying to jump from the apron. I had to bring that up, because everyone around here acts like it never happened.

You're a couple pages too late. The Eddy WM 17 botch was mentioned a while ago. Also, Eddy was jumping from the apron too when he slipped and fell.

I forgot who he was up against, but last year, someone took the Booker T Axe Kick bump by flipping over onto their back... Talk about stupid.

If anyone watched Lita last night... she botched a head scissors pretty damn badly. Really bad... very bad.... Lita sucks... yep.

I have not seen Steiner falling off the apron, so I gonna check out my friends tape to see how that went today.

Guest ToddRoyal
Who is taking that Pedigree ?

Marty Garner. He wrestled most recently as Cham Pain in North Carolina Indies and in bad Tough Enough videos.

And I wouldn't be so sure Scotty's rope slip was a botch. I seem to remember him doing that exact spot in every house show reports during that time. So he was either REALLY clumsy, or was doing the spot on purpose.