TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Lack Of Common Sense

Last night at work this new girl goes to leave and can't get into her car. She comes back in and says her locks are frozen. I tell her I'll just pour some hot water on it and that should get her in no problem. Which it did.

But, before I do that she tells me she has small can of "Lock De-Icer" but she can't use it. I ask why (already knowing what she is going to say) and she says she keeps it in her car. What the fuck? I know people do this crap all the time, but it bugs the living Hell out of me.

Anything like that piss you guys off?

Guest Random Hero

I get annoyed when in busy shopping malls/centres people just don't look where they're going and cut across your path or bump into you. Another thing is when people (usually pensioners) press the bell on the bus about a mile down the road from their stop, I don't know why this bothers me, 'cos it doesn't affect me in the slightest, it just does.

Guest Fook

When people ring my doorbell and they hold it down until it makes that annoying buzzing noise instead of just pressing and letting go. Don't these people know how a doorbell works?

When someone gives you change after you buy something, and they put the coins on top of the bills so that the coins fall off.

At work, when I'm standing behind the register with my vest on, and people come up to me and say "Do you work here?"

Also can't stand when people say "Do you mind if I ask you a question?" I always want to say "Yes, I can't stand people asking me questions" and walk away.

There's too many things for me to name here.

Also can't stand when people say "Do you mind if I ask you a question?" I always want to say "Yes, I can't stand people asking me questions" and walk away.

And if they would just say, "Boy, answer this for me!" you'd be bitching about that. I don't think that's too bad -- although I get a laugh from the "Do you work here?"

I get annoyed when in busy shopping malls/centres people just don't look where they're going and cut across your path or bump into you.

And then they have that look of total surprise. Gee, crowded place. I'm not looking where I'm going. OMG I bumped into someone! The shock!!!...

I get annoyed when in busy shopping malls/centres people just don't look where they're going and cut across your path or bump into you.

Along the same line, people in parking lots trying to sneak past you while you're backing out. Fucking dumbasses.

Guest stardust

When people wait for you to back out of your parking space at the mall or Wal-Mart or something. That irritates me to no end.

People who can't read signs. "But that sign back there said these shorts were eight dollars." "No, that sign said the t-shirts were eight dollars." People are fucking idiots.

I get the "do you work here?" a lot, too. It's like "No, I'm just wearing this shirt that says 'Old Navy Staff' on the back of it and have a walkie talkie and mesh bags hanging off my ass because that's how I like to spend my Saturday nights."

I could fill pages...PAGES with stuff like this.

I hate people that believe that a parking lot, apartment complexes, residential areas and free way are the same thing.

Seriously, there is no reason to be doing 40 in the grocery store parking lot. There is no reason to tear ass through the apartment complex or residential areas.

"I might kill someone, but if I don't at least I just saved 3-4 seconds TOPS...."

"I'm just wearing this shirt that says 'Old Navy Staff' on the back of it and have a walkie talkie and mesh bags hanging off my ass because that's how I like to spend my Saturday nights."

Same here.

"I'm just wearing this shirt that says 'Old Navy Staff' on the back of it and have a walkie talkie and mesh bags hanging off my ass because that's how I like to spend my Saturday nights."

Same here.

I know thats what I wear to the club everyweekend...copy cats.

copy cats.

Ok, I will since you asked nicely.

cats.gifcats.gif

cats.gifcats.gif

OH THE HILARITY! ONE CATS WHITE AND THE OTHERS BLACK CUZ RIPPER IS BLACK AND STARDUST IS WHITE! :lol:

Sorry bout that. And to answer KKK's remark, I don't mind when they say that (yeah, I get that) but the "can I ask you one question?" thing is annoying to me.

Guest ToddRoyal
When someone gives you change after you buy something, and they put the coins on top of the bills so that the coins fall off.

I HATE that. It's like "thanks for making a slide for all my quarters, so they can get to the floor faster." Hand the coins over first, THEN the dollars.

I get the "Do you work here" a lot too.

But I love how I'll clearly be in the DVD section and somebody will go "Do you guys sell DVDs here?" Um...hello!

Also hate when people stop 2 steps from their destination, in clear view of what they're looking for, and ask you where it is. Then when you show them where it is, they remark with either "Boy don't I feel stupid" or "If it had been a snake it would have bit me"

When people wait for you to back out of your parking space at the mall or Wal-Mart or something. That irritates me to no end.

Heh. I've been known to actually pull back into my parking spot, turn off the engine, actually get out of the truck, and then rummage around in my tool box in the back like I'm looking for something until they get tired of waiting and just drive off. Bunch of lazy bastards. Doing that just makes my day.

I hate people that believe that a parking lot, apartment complexes, residential areas and free way are the same thing.

Seriously, there is no reason to be doing 40 in the grocery store parking lot. There is no reason to tear ass through the apartment complex or residential areas.

"I might kill someone, but if I don't at least I just saved 3-4 seconds TOPS...."

Me too. My neighbor and I were standing in his front yard a couple of weeks ago talking when this asshole who lives down the street came screaming down our little residential street (that kids play in all the time) at about 40 mph. Randy (my neighbor) threw his nearly full can of Coke and nailed the guy's back fender as he went by. Dude didn't even slow down; he just made the right at the corner and floored it again.

I hate being at a restaurant when the check comes and I put my credit card in the little book they give you and stick it on the edge of the table. Inevitably, the waiter will come by and say "Are you ready for me to take that?" No, stupid...I was hoping somebody would come by and steal my credit card.

My pet peeve du jour is comparable with people being idiots in crowded stores ... my biggest annoyance lately is when you're in a store (especially a grocery store, b/c of the carts) and you're obviously stepping back or aside so someone else has the right of way, and they don't fucking acknowledge that you just created that space for them. Or if you hold a door for someone to walk through and they don't acklowledge that ... My response lately has been to say "YOU'RE WELCOME" in a loud, annoyed voice to show them that their lack of a thank you was noted and not appreciated.

I find it more annoying when in crowded or full parking lots, people that are clearly ready to leave a parking space sit there as long as possible for no reason other than the fact that they see you waiting for the space.

I also hate old people in general. And cows.

I find it more annoying when in crowded or full parking lots, people that are clearly ready to leave a parking space sit there as long as possible for no reason other than the fact that they see you waiting for the space.

I also hate old people in general. And cows.

You know what I hate.

I'm on the bus right, and this kinda large lady gets in ahead of me. Apparently she doesn't have to go very far so she pays and just stands at the front of the bus. The problem is there is someone already standing on the opposite side of her. So their two stomachs are about 2 inches from each other as they block the entire way onto the bus. AND STAND THERE LIKE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO GET BY THEM. The bus isn't crowded, go get a seat or get out of the fucking way...either one.

That goes for all the fuckers that have to walk shoulder to shoulder with their 4 friends down the sidewalk. Get the FUCK out of the way.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I could tar and feather anyone who drives below the speed limit, and is in front of me.

I could tar and feather anyone who drives below the speed limit, and is in front of me.

This thread is about a lack of common sense, not about how anal-retentive you are.

This might sound weird, but when people can't even put two and two together. It can apply to many different situations, but basically when they need everything to explained to them in full detail. They probably still won't get it.

My pet peeve du jour is comparable with people being idiots in crowded stores ... my biggest annoyance lately is when you're in a store (especially a grocery store, b/c of the carts) and you're obviously stepping back or aside so someone else has the right of way, and they don't fucking acknowledge that you just created that space for them. Or if you hold a door for someone to walk through and they don't acklowledge that ... My response lately has been to say "YOU'RE WELCOME" in a loud, annoyed voice to show them that their lack of a thank you was noted and not appreciated.

The best is when they look at you with a shocked face, as though you just sucker-punched an old woman.

People who are in the way, and don't notice they're in the way, so you virtually have to yell at them "EXCUSE ME" in order to get them out of the fucking way.

I also hate the "do you work here?" queries. I also get lots of other fun ones, like "Is it raining outside?" when I'm putting on a raincoat, or coming inside sopping yet. My co-workers always get sarcastic replies (Like, when donning my traffic vest to go push carts - "You gonna go push carts?" "No, bright neon fucking orange just happens to be my color") but not customers anymore.

Not since the day a woman asked me if I worked there, and I replied with "No, I wear this bright blue Wal-Mart vest because it's so stylish."

Then I turned around to look at her.

She was half-blind.

I felt like such an ass.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Damn, everyone used my stuff.

I hate when I'm at work, and someone asks for a specfic thing, and it's about 2 feet away. I'm like "um.....I think it's over there" then under my breath I just cuss them out.

Idiots in stores who don't know WHEN TO FUCKING MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! Does it honestly take 30 minutes tod ecide to get the lasted Harry Pothead book or not? Or a can of peas?

The sidewalk thing where 3 or more people need to walk side by side....fuck that. I stand behind people to try and pick their pockets or just look intimidating.

Old people who just block an entrance for 5 minutes because their invalid basket doesn't work right.

The money/change bit where change falls to floor.

Assholes going 40+mph in a 10mph zone too.

Random assholes in stores who of course can't read signs properly.

Old People who try to steal stuff even though its in view for everyone to see. God I love embarrasing people like that...

List goes on and on....This is the list that never ends!

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Not since the day a woman asked me if I worked there, and I replied with "No, I wear this bright blue Wal-Mart vest because it's so stylish."

She was half-blind.

I felt like such an ass.

Thank God you didn't ask if she was blind...

You: ....No, I'm wearing a Wal Mart shirt for fun. What are you fucking blind?

Women: Yes, I'm fucking blind.

People who are in the way, and don't notice they're in the way, so you virtually have to yell at them "EXCUSE ME" in order to get them out of the fucking way.

I also hate the "do you work here?" queries. I also get lots of other fun ones, like "Is it raining outside?" when I'm putting on a raincoat, or coming inside sopping yet. My co-workers always get sarcastic replies (Like, when donning my traffic vest to go push carts - "You gonna go push carts?" "No, bright neon fucking orange just happens to be my color") but not customers anymore.

She was half-blind.

I felt like such an ass.

:lol:

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

She was half-blind.

I felt like such an ass.

:lol:

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.

I'm surprised she didn't sick her seeing eye dog on you or beat you with a cane.