TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tawren

Steve Austin arrested again

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Reason Why: A LOT of people hate Austin these days, especially on here (for whatever reason), so I felt everyone was waiting for something like this to just shit all over the guy, even though the only reports are from the "victim's" POV.

So I was wondering "What if everyone's wrestling god did it". Would it get the same reaction or not?

i.e. "How can I get the heat onto something else"

Usually it's a good indicator of someone not suitable for a debate.

Now let's get back to what constitutes abuse and when it is appropriate to hit a woman.

Way to ignore the facts about Austin's popularity here.

Yes, I hear the mid-carders aren't allowed to beat women.

Nice argument. Austin beats women (or 1) on T.V. for no reason, and thats NEVER happend before.

Dudleyz attacking women in 2000 for no reason mean anything? Oh I forgot, that doesn't count.

Edit: I don't know if youre talking about "Fake" attacking in wrestling, or real life behind the scenes...

This thread baffles me.

The woman says she was "pushed down" and it' gets spin-doctored into "he hit her". Did most of the board all of the sudden forget how to read? Hell, from the sound of things, all she got was a few scrapes and/or rug burns(pending on what she landed on). Now, I don't advocate hitting a woman at all, but... he didn't hit her. Granted, shoving/pushing someone isn't exactly the brightest thing in the world to do, but it's a definite step up from punching or slapping that person.

Guest MikeSC
This thread baffles me.

The woman says she was "pushed down" and it' gets spin-doctored into "he hit her". Did most of the board all of the sudden forget how to read? Hell, from the sound of things, all she got was a few scrapes and/or rug burns(pending on what she landed on). Now, I don't advocate hitting a woman at all, but... he didn't hit her. Granted, shoving/pushing someone isn't exactly the brightest thing in the world to do, but it's a definite step up from punching or slapping that person.

Indeed. "Injuries to hands and knees" from a "push" seems REAL unlikely, to be perfectly honest.

-=Mike

Guest Brian

Most people here are looking to crucify Austin. Wonder what would happen if this was Triple H?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Most people here are looking to crucify Austin. Wonder what would happen if this was Triple H?

Already asked. Apparently, it means "Stop trying to change the subject" and "Hell No I wouldn't like so-and-so for doing it".

Edit: I don't know if youre talking about "Fake" attacking in wrestling, or real life behind the scenes...

I don't know, I was just waiting for a moment where I could take a cheap shot at the midcarders.

Guest Anglesault
Indeed. "Injuries to hands and knees" from a "push" seems REAL unlikely, to be perfectly honest.

-=Mike

Apparently you've never been shoved from behind.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Actually have been.

More than a few times.

Managed to avoid "injuries to my hands and knees".

-=Mike

HHH made all the faces (Except Austin) look like total shit, and Austin and his god damn beer bashes have made any heel oustide of Evolution a joke.

Newsflash: all of the heels outside of Evolution were jokes BEFORE Austin did some skit or angle with them.

I can recognize FIVE active heel wrestlers that have gotten the upper-hand on Austin in the past year: Orton, Batista, Triple H, Kane and Chris Jericho. Judging by the angles of the past year, these were the only heels getting a serious push going into Mania. Since you've already mentioned Evolution, we can look at the other heels being taken in a whole new direction since their feud with Austin; Jericho came out of March as a face, and Kane has emerged as a coward at the mercy of the Undertaker.

On the other hand, the wrestlers that were upstaged by Austin in the past year (from my recollection; Hardy, Steiner, Test, Conway and Dupree); they were improperly booked going into and out of the angle with SCSA. You can look no further for examples, how other wrestlers out of active competition for a year or more in Rock and Foley made fools out of Conway and Dupree too.

------------

Back to the topic at hand we go...

Judging by what Meltzer reported, it's apparent that his girlfriend is fudging the injuries simply for the sake of it. The authorities would take Austin into custody at the slightest hint of abuse, considering he has already run into trouble with SAPD two years ago, probation sentence or not.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I got jumped from behind in a fight and got a shit load of bumps on my head, but I didn't actually hurt my hands or knees being taken down.

I got jumped from behind in a fight and got a shit load of bumps on my head, but I didn't actually hurt my hands or knees being taken down.

Maybe that explains your personality.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Yeah...that was 7 years ago....stupid. This isn't the flaming folder remember Mr. Piss.

And it seems like everyone tries to change the subject of "insults" whenever logical examples come up.

And it seems like everyone tries to change the subject of "insults" whenever logical examples come up.

Well, a smaller women's knees and hands hurting because a bigger man pushed her from behind is also a logical explaination.

Yeah...that was 7 years ago....stupid. This isn't the flaming folder remember Mr. Piss.

*shakes head*

I got better things to do than this.

*goes back to shaving my sack*

Guest Anglesault
I can recognize FIVE active heel wrestlers that have gotten the upper-hand on Austin in the past year: Orton, Batista, Triple H, Kane and Chris Jericho.

Jericho?

Don't remember that one.

Evolution is obvious, and I think Kane was able to chokeslam Austin after Austin kicked his ass for several minutes, but maybe not.

There was, also, brock lesnar (which was understandable) and the entire Smackdown Roster cowering in fear as he walked to get back his four wheeler. Big Show was the only one there who didn't just slither away after Austin stared them down.

He's also destroyed Christian for no apparent reason and Jericho multiple times.

Besides, I really don't care how someone may have been booked before their Austin Mess, it's his job, as a retired wrestler, to NOT do everything in his power to make sure they don't get over.

Honestly, how does getting no offense in and getting killed by a guy that had to retire do to injuries help their career?

Guest Anglesault

Maybe I'm the only one falls to his hands and knees when pushed from behind,.

Guest Trivia247

-=Mike

Actually have been.

More than a few times.

-=Mike

so therefore to save your hands and legs, your Stomach, chest and Head broke your fall safely... interesting.

hands and knees getting injured from a push from behind usually comes out of defensive fuction trying to protects one body from injury.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I can recognize FIVE active heel wrestlers that have gotten the upper-hand on Austin in the past year: Orton, Batista, Triple H, Kane and Chris Jericho.

Jericho?

Don't remember that one.

Evolution is obvious, and I think Kane was able to chokeslam Austin after Austin kicked his ass for several minutes, but maybe not.

There was, also, brock lesnar (which was understandable) and the entire Smackdown Roster cowering in fear as he walked to get back his four wheeler. Big Show was the only one there who didn't just slither away after Austin stared them down.

He's also destroyed Christian for no apparent reason and Jericho multiple times.

Besides, I really don't care how someone may have been booked before their Austin Mess, it's his job, as a retired wrestler, to NOT do everything in his power to make sure they don't get over.

Honestly, how does getting no offense in and getting killed by a guy that had to retire do to injuries help their career?

But he's Sheriff Austin! It's his job to kick ass like cops do! He's my hero! [/stupid mark mode]

Back to ....semi-reality, I don't mind Austin, but sure, he should NOT beat EVERYONE up all the time.

Guest JRE

Jericho?

Don't remember that one.

Well your gettin' all upset that he holds people down- but you don't seem very pleased when he finally pushes someone. I don't get you ;)

Jericho?

Don't remember that one.

Set the angle in place to take away Austin's role as Co-GM - he and Christian picketed for weeks to get him off of RAW.

Austin melted a chair into Kane's head last July, threw him into the steel post, then followed that with a stunner - Kane promptly no-sold that and chokeslammed Austin to end the show.

The next week, Austin promised there was hell to pay. Instead, Kane lit Jim Ross (Austin's storyline "best friend) on fire in a backstage segment while Austin looked on from the ring.

This was covered weeks ago by other posters (in another thread) until the point of exhaustion. The excuse the announcers used following that angle was the apparent frustration of the Smackdown lockerroom with Heyman and his protection of Lesnar - you can't ignore that they cheered his drafting to the RAW brand last Monday.

As I mentioned, both picketed to get him off of RAW last October. They succeeded, for the time being at least.

I don't think it made the heels look any worse than they already were. In fact, give me me an example of ONE wrestler that was solely ruined by a confrontation with Austin.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Actually have been.

More than a few times.

-=Mike

so therefore to save your hands and legs, your Stomach, chest and Head broke your fall safely... interesting.

hands and knees getting injured from a push from behind usually comes out of defensive fuction trying to protects one body from injury.

No, I caught myself on my hands and knees.

Managed to avoid "injuring" them.

However, if all she got were minor scrapes from that, then THIS really is a BS story.

-=Mike

Jeebus... what's with all the thickheadedness around here?

The lady doesn't have any broken bones, hell, she doesn't even have any fucking BRUISES. All this "injury" shit is just that, SHIT. Scrapes, rug burns, I can see those happening from being pushed down(again, pending what she fell on), but they are NOT injuries. Again, I say he shouldn't have pushed her anyway, but all this spin-doctoring is getting ridiculous.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Jeebus... what's with all the thickheadedness around here?

The lady doesn't have any broken bones, hell, she doesn't even have any fucking BRUISES. All this "injury" shit is just that, SHIT. Scrapes, rug burns, I can see those happening from being pushed down(again, pending what she fell on), but they are NOT injuries. Again, I say he shouldn't have pushed her anyway, but all this spin-doctoring is getting ridiculous.

Like I said. Personal vendetta against Austin. The excuse that's ignored by the anti-Austin comments.

Guest Anglesault

Jericho?

Don't remember that one.

Set the angle in place to take away Austin's role as Co-GM - he and Christian picketed for weeks to get him off of RAW.

That's really reaching. Their picketing had nothing to do with Austin getting off the show, and in the match that did, they both blew it.

This was covered weeks ago by other posters (in another thread) until the point of exhaustion. The excuse the announcers used following that angle was the apparent frustration of the Smackdown lockerroom

Their has to be a better way to convey that message than cowering in fear when he stared at them.

I don't think it made the heels look any worse than they already were. In fact, give me me an example of ONE wrestler that was solely ruined by a confrontation with Austin.

Steiner.

He had a good heel thing going up until that point.

This was covered weeks ago by other posters (in another thread) until the point of exhaustion. The excuse the announcers used following that angle was the apparent frustration of the Smackdown lockerroom

Their has to be a better way to convey that message than cowering in fear when he stared at them.

Ignoring Heyman's commands to protect "the crown jewel of Smackdown" makes perfect sense, especially one that has dominated the show for the better part of eighteen months.

Steiner.

He had a good heel thing going up until that point.

Week #1: Steiner turns heel.

Week #2: He defeats Spike; he is saved by Test from a Dudley Boys beatdown.

Week #3: He is stunned by Austin after a DQ loss to RVD.

Week #4: Austin's team v. Bischoff's team announced for Survivor Series - Steiner elects to join Bischoff's team.

On the same night, teaming up with Jericho, they defeat RVD and Lance Storm in an eighteen-minute match.

Week #5: In-ring brawl with Austin's team to further the angle for their match at Survivor Series.

I don't see any momentum lost after the confrontation.

Did most of the board all of the sudden forget how to read?

You can't very well forget something you never knew how to do in the first place.

I'm aware that Austin's got the bad rap and I doubt he was totally in the clear here, but despite some other pieces of information coming to light in the last few hours, details are still sketchy. Which means, anyone who's ready to overreact and start posting stuff about what a piece of shit Austin is, is a moron. Wait until we know everything and then form a solid opinion.

And honestly, only smarks would start creating possible scenarios as to what might or might not have happened in this situation. All this talk about where he would've had to be standing for her to get injuries to her hands and knees from being pushed, I almost felt like I was reading a very bad interpretation of JFK.