TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks get booed off court at the Garden tonight. The closest the Knicks deserve to be to the playoffs is however far away thier couch is from their tv. They'll get blown out at least once more in the series and it will probably get ugly down the stretch.

Thank God I get to home on Monday for the rest of the Knicks v. Nets debacle because the series sounds hilarious.

Just hearing the Knicks threaten everyone while losing by 20 pts every game is funny stuff.

I hope if there is a blowout we get a re-enactment of Phoenix v. Knicks circa 1993. Ripper knows what I'm talking about

KJ whooped some ass that night. Thats all I know.

That and that hotdog guy jumping out the stands to get his ass handed to him and Dan Marle bitching John Starks brought me joy.

Oh and Patrick Ewing, Charles FUCKING Barkley, and Charles FUCKING Oakley being the only ones NOT to fight between the two teams.

I remember whomever started the fight with KJ (I'm drawing a blank) wrote about it in SI For Kids 'My Worst Day Ever.'

I remember the Suns won that game like 123-42 and no one really remembered that part.

It was doc Rivers, who got his ass whooped, then greg anthony(who was in street clothes and injured at the time) ran on the court and sucker punched KJ, which made Dan Marle whoop that ass, which made Starks jump in and get his ass whooped and then the camera just pulled back and you couldn't tell whos ass was getting whooped...except on the scoreboard because the Suns KILLED the Knicks that night.

Hopefully the Nets don't pull a 97 Knicks and run off the bench to join in.

I'm still bitter about that

What was funny about the Heat/Knick brawls was both times, the stronger team ended up losing the series because of it.

Thank God I get to home on Monday for the rest of the Knicks v. Nets debacle because the series sounds hilarious.

Just hearing the Knicks threaten everyone while losing by 20 pts every game is funny stuff.

I hope if there is a blowout we get a re-enactment of Phoenix v. Knicks circa 1993. Ripper knows what I'm talking about

KJ whooped some ass that night. Thats all I know.

That and that hotdog guy jumping out the stands to get his ass handed to him and Dan Marle bitching John Starks brought me joy.

Oh and Patrick Ewing, Charles FUCKING Barkley, and Charles FUCKING Oakley being the only ones NOT to fight between the two teams.

I remember whomever started the fight with KJ (I'm drawing a blank) wrote about it in SI For Kids 'My Worst Day Ever.'

I remember the Suns won that game like 123-42 and no one really remembered that part.

It was doc Rivers, who got his ass whooped, then greg anthony(who was in street clothes and injured at the time) ran on the court and sucker punched KJ, which made Dan Marle whoop that ass, which made Starks jump in and get his ass whooped and then the camera just pulled back and you couldn't tell whos ass was getting whooped...except on the scoreboard because the Suns KILLED the Knicks that night.

Yea you're right it was Doc. I remember he said in SI For Kids that KJ was fouling him hard all game or just playing aggressive and he just lost control and tried to whoop some ass.

And it's Dan Majerle. :D

I know you talked about this earlier but Harper v. Jo Jo right in front of David Stern was awesome.

It's too bad no one could pull a Kermit Washington on John Starks. That would've made my year

Hopefully the Nets don't pull a 97 Knicks and run off the bench to join in.

I'm still bitter about that

What was funny about the Heat/Knick brawls was both times, the stronger team ended up losing the series because of it.

I think what was funny was Jeff Van Gundy holding onto Alonzo Mourning's leg.

And it's Dan Majerle. :D

been watching him play since his rookie year and have NEVER been able to spell his name without looking it up. Damn shame.

I remember when he coached the kid to shoot the 3 and the kid shot an airball. And then Jim Rome spent about a week ripping the poor kid to shreds.

Good times.

Zach Randolph is Most Improved Player.

Damn...

First he gets no-sold by the coaches at All-Star time, and now in this thread.

Where's the love?

Guest Redhawk
greg anthony(who was in street clothes and injured at the time) ran on the court and sucker punched KJ

And this would be the same Greg Anthony who stands for the higher morals and virtues of basketball? The same one who vilified Bob Sura for trying to get a triple-double? (I have no idea why I'm so stuck on this Sura thing. He just got jobbed, IMO.)

Damn...

Where's the love?

I guess noone realy cares about this award unless it is the 88-89 season and KJ is winning the award(well..okay, maybe thats just me...)

I think its more tha t everyone probably knew he was going to win it.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Let me just say right now that I can't stand old ass Lenny Wilkens. How do they call him the winningest coach in NBA history when he has a damn .500 win percentage? Sure he's won 1,000 games but he's lost that many too. Why don't they ever call him the losingest coach?

"The Knicks are intimidated by Kenyon Martin's lithe athletic body." Who the hell are these annopuncers?

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I think that TNT should create a show to answer ESPN's Dream Job.

Barkley=Ratings.

Guest JohnnySwift

Damn...

Where's the love?

Since you brought up the Most Improved, what do you guys think about Hubie Brown being named Coach of the Year? Yeah he got the Griz to 50+ wins but they've been slowly improving the last couple of years. I thought Jerry Sloan should've gotten it. I mean losing John Stockton and Karl Malone and still barely missing the playoffs.

Any other thoughts?

Sloan defnitely should have gotten it. It's amazing that a team with such a lack of talent on paper was able to convincingly have a winning season and be only 1 game out of the playoffs. Hell, on paper everyone thought the Jazz would be a joke. Every impact free agent they approached turned them down (this summer I wished long and hard for them to get Elton Brand).

Hubie was also deserving, but a little less. The Griz has guys like Miller, Gasol, Williams, and Wells who are all good players and needed direction to get effective.

Basically, Sloan was able to have a slightly less successful season with much less talent available to them.

Damn it the Knicks played real good tonight but just could not pull out a win. Man this stinks!!!

Thanks.

That's the same thing I'm feeling. Marbury is yet to develop the ability to totally take over a game.

Damn it the Knicks played real good tonight but just could not pull out a win.  Man this stinks!!!

Thanks.

That's the same thing I'm feeling. Marbury is yet to develop the ability to totally take over a game.

Yeah this is just really hurting me right now. I think we can get back into this if Marbury plays like Marbury. I still think he was in the act of shooting at the end of the game but that is a whole different story.

Thanks.

Damn it the Knicks played real good tonight but just could not pull out a win.  Man this stinks!!!

Thanks.

Yeah this is just really hurting me right now. I think we can get back into this if Marbury plays like Marbury. I still think he was in the act of shooting at the end of the game but that is a whole different story.

Thanks.

I remember a Jazz/Suns game with the same type of ending a few seasons back, with Karl Malone being fouled outside the three pt. line, but that time it was less clear to his intent when compared to Marbury, who really looked like he was trying to shoot the three.

Anyway, Marbury not connecting sucked. At least if they lost by one I might have been slightly happier.

I'm no fan of the Nets and their conduct in this series is really making me hate them more and more. Especially how Richard Jefferson was just holding the ball over his head for the last second of the game...it came across looking really immature and childish.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I remember a Jazz/Suns game with the same type of ending a few seasons back, with Karl Malone being fouled outside the three pt. line, but that time it was less clear to his intent when compared to Marbury, who really looked like he was trying to shoot the three.

Anyway, Marbury not connecting sucked. At least if they lost by one I might have been slightly happier.

I'm no fan of the Nets and their conduct in this series is really making me hate them more and more. Especially how Richard Jefferson was just holding the ball over his head for the last second of the game...it came across looking really immature and childish.

If the Knicks come back and make this a series I smell big time rivalry brewing between these two teams which I think would be good for basketball.

Thanks.

Guest Redhawk

Isn't the NBA Coach of the Year award really just the "Best Team the Media Thought Would Suck" award? Coaches on teams that are expected to be good never get it. I mean, did the Grizzlies improve this year just because of Hubie Brown, or was it because guys like Jason Williams, James Posey abd Bonzi Wells stepped up their performance? Was it Jerry Sloan who got the Jazz 40-something wins, or was it Carlos Arroyo playing out of his mind, Kirilenko becoming a star, etc.?

Popovich did win it last year.

As much as I hate Kenyon Martin, even I had to laugh at the shirt he wore last night.

Damn...

Where's the love?

As a Portland fan i'm happy they got something out of the season, i just hope Randolph doesn't go and celebrate in the Trailblazer tradition of getting high and ended up arrested (and it's not like Randolph hasn't done it before). Even with Bonzi and Rasheed gone the team is overdue for an act of utter stupidity.

Isn't the NBA Coach of the Year award really just the "Best Team the Media Thought Would Suck" award? Coaches on teams that are expected to be good never get it. I mean, did the Grizzlies improve this year just because of Hubie Brown, or was it because guys like Jason Williams, James Posey abd Bonzi Wells stepped up their performance? Was it Jerry Sloan who got the Jazz 40-something wins, or was it Carlos Arroyo playing out of his mind, Kirilenko becoming a star, etc.?

Put another coach on either team and they don't win 20 games.

Hubies system and rotations is what made the Grizz better. Jerry and his ability to work his offense with anyone is why the Jazz won.

And coaches like Phil Jackson, Larry Brown and others have won it in years their team was expected to be good.