TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Guest Redhawk

I just gotta say, Tim Duncan's championship trophy commercial is the funniest one yet, right next to Gary Payton's.

I think Tim Duncan's trophy comm is the funniest, with Dirk Nowitzki's following in a close second. Jason Kidd's comm is funnier than Payton's, who I consider to be fourth in funny.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I think Vlade's is funniest, just because he has to try and speak english.

And I have to tell you that I don't find TNT's obssesive Carmelo love quite as irritating when Carmelo is channeling John Starks.

Guest OctoberBlood

Wow. What awful shot selection.

Spreewell acting like a dick.

Oh well. That was a good game.

Wow. What awful shot selection.

Spreewell acting like a dick.

Oh well. That was a good game.

Yeah, the entire Nuggets roster acting like fucking dicks during the entire game. They deserve it.

3-1. Yes, indeed.

Acting like a dick is weird for me. I only hate certain people when their dickishness rubs me the wrong way. For instance, I am OK with Vince Carter when he is woofing on someone, but can't stand it when Kobe Bryant does it. I don't know why, but it gets to me. I see where the Nuggets bench were not angels during the game today, but it didn't come off bad to me. Sprewell came off bad for me. Don't know why, it just did.

I think the T-Wolves will quit fucking around and put this team away in 5.

The Kings pulled a win out of their ass last night. If they don't win on Thursday, the series will go seven games for sure because there is no way Sacto wins another road game in this series.

I think NO/Miami is up for seven games as well. It means shit in the end because the winner will be mince meat for the Pacers. The Pacers have to be on cloud nine since they will face a weak NO/Miami team, then a beat up NJ or Detroit team en route to the Finals. From there, all bets are off though.

Acting like a dick is weird for me. I only hate certain people when their dickishness rubs me the wrong way. For instance, I am OK with Vince Carter when he is woofing on someone, but can't stand it when Kobe Bryant does it. I don't know why, but it gets to me. I see where the Nuggets bench were not angels during the game today, but it didn't come off bad to me. Sprewell came off bad for me. Don't know why, it just did.

The Kings pulled a win out of their ass last night. If they don't win on Thursday, the series will go seven games for sure because there is no way Sacto wins another road game in this series.

I think NO/Miami is up for seven games as well. It means shit in the end because the winner will be mince meat for the Pacers. The Pacers have to be on cloud nine since they will face a weak NO/Miami team, then a beat up NJ or Detroit team en route to the Finals. From there, all bets are off though.

Keep on counting out Jersy...

Guest OctoberBlood

Keep on counting out Jersy...

We will. :headbang:

Here's something interesting:

"NEW YORK -- Watch the NFL draft or NBA dunks? For most viewers, the answer was easy: go with the picks over the playoffs.

ESPN's seven-hour coverage of the draft's first day on Saturday (noon-7 p.m. EDT) was seen in an average of nearly 3.4 million households, an increase of 11 percent over last year's draft and the most ever. The 3.8 cable rating tied for the third-highest NFL draft rating ever on ESPN, behind the 4.2 in '93, 3.9 in '91 and 3.8 in '88.

In contrast, TNT's coverage of first-round NBA playoff games between Miami and New Orleans, and Detroit and Milwaukee drew ratings that were more than three times lower. The Heat-Hornets game, which began at 1 p.m. EDT, earned a 1.0 rating. The Pistons-Bucks game aired from 3:45-6 p.m. and drew a 1.6.

More than 31 million people watched at least part of the two-day coverage of the draft on ESPN and ESPN2, making it the most-viewed draft in the 25 years since the cable network began televising the event."

Guest NCJ
NEW YORK -- Watch the NFL draft or NBA dunks? For most viewers, the answer was easy: go with the picks over the playoffs.

ESPN's seven-hour coverage of the draft's first day on Saturday (noon-7 p.m. EDT) was seen in an average of nearly 3.4 million households, an increase of 11 percent over last year's draft and the most ever. The 3.8 cable rating tied for the third-highest NFL draft rating ever on ESPN, behind the 4.2 in '93, 3.9 in '91 and 3.8 in '88.

In contrast, TNT's coverage of first-round NBA playoff games between Miami and New Orleans, and Detroit and Milwaukee drew ratings that were more than three times lower. The Heat-Hornets game, which began at 1 p.m. EDT, earned a 1.0 rating. The Pistons-Bucks game aired from 3:45-6 p.m. and drew a 1.6.

Those are your answers right there. Combine that with the Eli Manning drama, which happenned to involve the team in the media capital of America, and you have the makings for a sub par ratings performance.

If the Lakers/Rockets or King/Mavs were involved those numbers would definately look different.

Yes Spree was being somewhat of a dick, but that was a tough win and he was happy that his two missed free throws didn't cost his team. The Nuggets were definately not angels in this series either.

The Wolves will blow out the Nuggets by atleast 15 in game five.

Guest OctoberBlood

Much like the general public and box office numbers, it's all gravy.

They alway seem to watch the most awful crap. Heh, that sucks. But, oh well. Who cares.

NCJ has his finger on the pulse here. Those are the two most boring series to watch. They are both Eastern Conference series. That coupled with the "where will Eli go" drama and yeah, I would watch the Draft too. Notice that the article didn't mention what the rating was for game 3 of the Mavs/Kings.

NCJ has his finger on the pulse here. Those are the two most boring series to watch. They are both Eastern Conference series. That coupled with the "where will Eli go" drama and yeah, I would watch the Draft too. Notice that the article didn't mention what the rating was for game 3 of the Mavs/Kings.

I love watching Detroit play, but it was painful to watch. The problem with the Heat/Hornets is that neither team is special, and you know the winner will just get clobbered in the next round.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

have you guys seen the first round? I'd rather watch glass shards being thrust into my eyes.

Guest TheArchiteck
Those are the two most boring series to watch. They are both Eastern Conference series. 

I love watching Detroit play, but it was painful to watch.

:huh: ;) :huh: ;) :huh: ;)

Man, Detroit/Bucks series hasn't been boring nor painful to watch!

Hornets and Heat have yet to get my attention over 5 minutes though.

Hehe... NBA.com is getting pretty funny with the playoffs. I got a chuckle from reading these E-Cards: http://www.nba.com/jsp/EcardNonBranded.jsp

And Detroit to me is pretty entertaining. I LOVE watching them play when they're trapping and executing there defense to perfection. The way they play team defense is very unique right now in the NBA and they play from the first whistle. To me, a good team defense like that is just as entertaining as a high scoring Dallas game.

Well, our first second-round series is set, LA closed out the Rockets last night.

Parker has been on fire as of late, I don't think Payton can guard him. Of course Bowen usually does good on Kobe, and Duncan's presence should neutralize Shaq's. Plus their bench is deeper.

I say Spurs in 6, at the most.

Guest Choken One

I have Spurs taking the first two...rumors swirl that Shaq and Kobe are at odds again...Phil does another "phil" like thing with the media...lakers rebound and win three straight heading to game seven...TD pimpslaps Malone and Shaq and effectively say "fuck the media...we're the champs...not you bitches"...then they beat the Kings and then play Detroit in the lowest scoring lowest rated NBA Finals ever.

The Lakers go effectively 8 deep, which doesn't include Fox or Walton, their bench is not a problem. Both Duncan and Bryant will do well no matter what Malone and Bowen do, but Malone can make Duncan work on the other end. Tony Parker will kill the Lakers...no Tyronn Lue (I'm still bitter) means Parker cannot be stopped 1-on-1. This makes Shaq the x-factor. If he can be as active defensively the whole series as he was in the 3rd quarter of the Houston series, LA can win with team defense.

The Lakers go effectively 8 deep, which doesn't include Fox or Walton, their bench is not a problem. Both Duncan and Bryant will do well no matter what Malone and Bowen do, but Malone can make Duncan work on the other end. Tony Parker will kill the Lakers...no Tyronn Lue (I'm still bitter) means Parker cannot be stopped 1-on-1. This makes Shaq the x-factor. If he can be as active defensively the whole series as he was in the 3rd quarter of the Houston series, LA can win with team defense.

Lakers suck defensively, Malone really won't make Duncan work hard at all on the offensive end. This aint the Rockets, he is playing one of the best defenders in the league, not Mo Taylor.

The Lakers go probably 6 deep (Kareem Rush is worthless unles it is a wide open jumper) and if you aren't counting Fox or Walton, I have no idea who you could possibly be talking about (Medvedenko? Cook?...both aren't enough for me to be calling a solid bench against the likes of Turkalo, Ginobli, Rose, etc.)

The only team that can lose this series is the Spurs.

And I said it before the season (and was laughed at for some reason) but Parker OWNS Gary Payton. This shouldn't be very pretty.