TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

56 points???? Sorry people can say it's the Pistons great defense all they want but an NBA team, let alone the two-time defending Eastern Conference champs, scoring only 56 points is an embarrasment to the sport.

NBA Basketball...can it get any worse?

Guest TheArchiteck

Hahahahaha.....56 points. Yes Bored, there is a thing called Detroit defense.

Well, I know the Nets are getting their asses chewed out in the lockerroom.

I'm expecting a huge rally from them on friday (oh god why must they let me wait soooo long)...hopefully Detroit would clean up their game some. They played pretty solid but they was rushing and giving up too many steals. Early on I was worried about Rogers, he was swiping the ball constantly.

Guest Redhawk

Listening to the media, you'd think Lawrence "The Kid" Frank would have single-handedly put NJ over 70 pts. And while we're praising the Pistons' D, what's up with them only scoring 78?

I was following the game in class on the computer, and I seriously thought my computer was just locked up or something.

Pathetic.

Guest TheArchiteck

The Pistons were taking their time. It was no need for them to rush to the basket. They shot just under 50%.....which isn't great but not exactly horrible either (like NJ shooting like 28%).

Man, stifling defense is some of the most exciting ball I've seen. Nothing gets a crowd going crazy like a crazy block, defensive rebound then a lob pass for a crazy dunk.

I don't know...NJ missed lots of uncontested jumpers last night too.

Great game by Detroit, but much like the Spur/Laker game one, it ain't gonna be that easy every night.

Man, Tayshaun Prince is easily one of my top 5 fav. players.

They should trade him for Carmelo. He doesn't fit in in Detroit... :huh:

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Everybody knows Detroit has an awesome defense, but it was also quite clear that the Nets totally played like shit.

and yeah, when Prince is on he's pretty impressive. I never got all the bashing-by-association he got over Carmelo.

I was following the game in class on the computer, and I seriously thought my computer was just locked up or something.

Pathetic.

I thought the same thing...I was watching Raw and checking the score and stuff online. Detroit kicked ass. Three more go go.

Okay, well.

Last night, Trenton Hassell did what I thought he would do(Wally would have gotten killed) Latrell showed why he is the most streaky player in the league, and Cassell showed he was DA man.

Garnett had a bad game...as bad as 16 points 18 rebounds can be...and I don't expect that much from him the rest of the series.

But the man of the night is Steve MUTHAFUCKING Smith. 25 pts in single handedly trying to carry New Orleans to the next round after baron finally went down for good. Great series for a team that was being carried by a man with one leg and went out on the shoulders of a 38 year old no knee vet.

Good luck Miami.

Guest OraleHolmes

I expect the renaissance...the resurgence...the rebirth of the most dominant entity in pro sports today, the Los Angeles Lakers, to trounce the Spurs TONIGHT.

Here's my prediction:

Shaq scores 32 points, grabs 18 rebounds

Malone scores 17 points, grabs 11 rebounds

Payton scores 14 points, dishes 8 assists

Bryant scores 45 points, dishes 11 assists, grabs 12 rebounds, blocks 3 shots, steals the ball 6 times, has 0 turnovers, is 6/7 from three and 18/31 overall.

Lakers win: 117, 85

Here's my prediction:

Bryant scores 45 points, dishes 11 assists, grabs 12 rebounds, blocks 3 shots, steals the ball 6 times, has 0 turnovers, is 6/7 from three and 18/31 overall.

You are INSANE.

Here's my prediction:

You are INSANE.

The Lakers better have a tank of oxygen for each player because if you seen the 4th quarter of game 1 you would of noticed that the Hall of Famers could barely walk on the court. Gary got OWNED by the Spurs guards, Shaq was chasing Kevin Willis during the fast breaks, and Karl could not make his jump shots.

The only way the Lakers have a chance at winning the game is if Fisher, Fox, Medivenko, Walton produce from the bench.

I expect the renaissance...the resurgence...the rebirth of the most dominant entity in pro sports today, the Los Angeles Lakers, to trounce the Spurs TONIGHT.

Here's my prediction:

Nice to see that you allow for the rest of the Lakers to score 9 points between em.

Well, thanks for the laughs.

My counterprediction is that TD will drop 123 points, grab 52 rebounds and the Spurs will win 134 to 78. (What, we're not still in fantasy land.)

The only way the Lakers have a chance at winning the game is if Fisher, Fox, Medivenko, Walton produce from the bench.

against Ginobli, Horry, Brown, Rose, and Turk.

Yeah...I don't see it happening either.

Here's my prediction:

Nice to see that you allow for the rest of the Lakers to score 9 points between em.

Well, thanks for the laughs.

My counterprediction is that TD will drop 123 points, grab 52 rebounds and the Spurs will win 134 to 78. (What, we're not still in fantasy land.)

More like:

Timmy gets 28 points 16 rebounds 6 blocks 4 steals

Tony gets 35 points 12 assists 7 steals

Manu gets 12 points 6 assist 6 steals

Bowen left open as usual will go 4-7 from his favorite corner spot

Even though the Lakers have me nervous, but I think they'll either win it tonight or come very close. I really don't see their Fab 4 having another shitty game. Here are Steviekick's Keys to Victory:

• Shoot the ball better. Game 1 was terrible. Pretty self explanatory.

• Get Gary Payton motivated. Yes, Parker is faster and playing better than him. However, Gary is still a good player. Phil Jackson should let Payton run things on his own like the way the Lakers played in the first few weeks of the season. Screw the triangle.

• The Lakers have a lot of good secondary players who have made a career of helping out the Big 4: Derek Fisher and Rick Fox with Kobe and Shaq; Bryon Russell with Karl. They ALL need to step up. Fish and Fox aren't stepping up. Although Russell really hasn't played much this season (or last season with the Wizards, but that's what happen when you get buried coming off the bench for Michael Jordan and jerry Stackhoue), he was a pretty good shooter and good for 12-15 points.

• Defend. The Spurs got way too many good looks last game.

I'm not going to bother with what the Spurs will have to do. Quite frankly, everyone else here practically has and the Spurs obviously know how to stop the Lakers.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Well now they're getting open layups instead of good looks. Fuck these uncompetetive playoffs.

The only way the Lakers have a chance at making a comeback in this game is to make rebounds. This sounds simple but nobody is doing it! Look at the defense the Spurs are playing, they have 4 players in the paint to get those rebounds and do not fear the 3 point show. The Lakers need Fisher, George, Kobe to shoot the outside shot to open up the paint. But all they are doing is setting plays for Shaq which works everywhere else but this series.

The quickness of Parker, mainly the 3 point shot from the top of the key is what is killing the Lakers, that and the pick & roll.

The only way the Lakers have a chance at making a comeback in this game is to make rebounds. This sounds simple but nobody is doing it! Look at the defense the Spurs are playing, they have 4 players in the paint to get those rebounds and do not fear the 3 point show. The Lakers need Fisher, George, Kobe to shoot the outside shot to open up the paint. But all they are doing is setting plays for Shaq which works everywhere else but this series.

The quickness of Parker, mainly the 3 point shot from the top of the key is what is killing the Lakers, that and the pick & roll.

Wow, from just keeping up on the net in class, I'd say the Lakers are getting their asses handed to them, and I almost feel sorry for the winner of the Kings/T-Wolves series... :(

You better fear the Spurs when Tim Duncan starts making his FREE THROWS! So far its been nothing but Parker going for uncontested layups & 3 point shots or Tim Duncan making his jump shots and FTs.

Last year Tony Parker was fearing for his job from Speedy Claxton to the rumor Jason Kidd trade but this year in the playoffs Parker has become the MAN.

8/14 for 18 points in the 1st half.

Guest OctoberBlood

Please shut Barkely up.

And learn to pronouce Athletic. :lol:

Guest El Satanico

That's game...the Lakers have been playing on fumes for at least the last 3 minutes.

Guest OctoberBlood

:headbang: :headbang:

Lakers season OVER. (They aren't gonna take 4 of 5 from the Spurs, thank you).