TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

Really? I just saw them walking out and it changed into the post-game show. Damn, now i have to make sure i throw a beer at Bibby in Game 5 @ the Target Center for good measure.

Hmm........the Lakers apparently aren't finished yet......I still think San Antonio wins the series.....but it's going to be closer than thought.

Spurs are in trouble now. Lakers are going to be looking to steal game 5 and try to eliminate on Sunday. (since the league sucks and won't have games every other day when the weekend rolls around) Winner of this series wins the west because Minnesota and Sacramento are too depleted and have even less of an answer for Shaq.

Pistons seem to be sputtering as well since it looks like the Nets have got their running game back. It's weird since that is how you beat the Nets. Stop their running game and make them play half court and they are through. Detroit did that in games 1 and 2, but failed to do it in 3 and 4.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

The Pacers are gonna lose again

fight!

nevermind, pussy fight. I think I saw Carlise in the scrum though.

I'm really starting to love the Heat. They're young, hungry, and have an awesome crowd. I'm glad they're hanging with Indy.

Hopefully, the Kings will win tonight to make every series 2-2. That would make up for that terrible and non-competitive first round.

Guest Flyboy
I'm really starting to love the Heat. They're young, hungry, and have an awesome crowd. I'm glad they're hanging with Indy.

You summed up my feelings on the team with this statement.

Guest OraleHolmes

GO HEAT GO!!!

Awesome Game.

An Awesome Collective Performance by the Heat.

Miami has RABID fans. My god, I've never seen so many fans go APESHIT for a basketball game. WOW.

Dwayne Wade may not be deserving of rookie of the year, but he's certainly better than Carmelo Anthony. This guy is scary good.

After tonight, I expect every series to be tied at 2-2. This is shaping up to be a very competitive 2nd round.

*sits and eats crow*

I admit, i LOVE the Wolves/Kings series, back and forth, some tension in tonights game and the Wolves came back from the Kings big lead, but played like they were playing the Magic or something. See you in game 5!!

We are ALL knotted up at 2 a piece!!

It's now a best of 3 series with all the matchups. This certainly makes up for the lackluster first round.

The Kings still haven't shown their best. With the 7-man rotation though, I am not sure how much longer these guys can keep the juice going. I mean even if they get by Minnesota, how broke down are they going to feel in the WCF?

Call me crazy, but I kind of feel that the Lakers are a better matchup for the Kings. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean I think the Kings could beat them this year, but as far as matchups go. I mean Vlade can actually earn a paycheck against Shaq, since he usually still gets schooled, but he makes Shaq earn it. Shaq is just feeding off the soft belly of the Spurs right now.

Between the Pacers and Colts, the amount of Indy hate on this board is unbelievable...

That said, the Heat really do deserve a lot of credit. Eddie Jones has been doing a good job of keeping Reggie from shooting the ball (plus he has the added ability to grab someone and jerk them back and forth, giving the illusion that they're pushing him and getting them tossed from the game). Odom and Wade have been amazing. Even Malik Allen's lighting us up right now.

It's also nice that they have ex-Heat players doing color for every game between us...

But Jermaine O'Neal's just now finding his shot again, so I ain't sweatin' it (well actually I am, because I'm on the attic computer and it's really really hot). We needed a last-minute shot to beat Milwaukee in the first round in 2000...and we went to the finals. Spurs-Suns was 2-2 last year as well.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot to mention Caron Butler...he's been the MAN during the playoffs.

It feel like, since the beginning of this year's playoffs, I have built a home, gotten married, my wife is pregnant, had the children, got pregnant again, had more children, my first son is off to college, I've grown several beards, seen the Marlins and Angels win the World Series, been thrown in jail, served a three year sentence, and now I'm home...

AND WE'RE STILL AT GAME 4 OF ROUND 2...

(Worst playoffs I've ever seen, BTW...since like 1989 anyway)

Hey, anybody know where I can get a screen cap of the Sam Cassell "big balls" celebration... one of the best taunts I've ever seen.

You want a picture of Sam Cassells balls?

Call me crazy, but I kind of feel that the Lakers are a better matchup for the Kings. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean I think the Kings could beat them this year, but as far as matchups go. I mean Vlade can actually earn a paycheck against Shaq, since he usually still gets schooled, but he makes Shaq earn it. Shaq is just feeding off the soft belly of the Spurs right now.

I totally agree with you. I'd much rather see Kings/Lakers. Sac would be able to get their offense going because of the Laker's so-so defense, and LA's offense would be much better because they wouldn't be getting frustrated on the defensive end. That series would be fun to watch and propably high scoring.

Lakers up by 7 at the half. My predictions for the second half: Duncan will wind up with at leat 20 rebounds and we will see Shaq rage after sitting out most of the first half due to foul trouble.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

holy fuck balls

Shaq: "One lucky shot deserves another"

Unfuckingbelieveable!

I told a buddy watching the game, LA deserved to win if they could hit that shot with .4 remaining, and my God... I still can't believe it. I thought Duncan had made the game winner, but damn. Just damn.

I wouldn't rule out there being a game 7, but it'll be tough.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

It is IMPOSSIBLE to catch, turn and shoot in four tenths of a second. And the SPurs can't blame anyone but their timekeeper. Who the fuck ever started the clock late and it cost them.

Fisher was inthe air when he caught the ball, landed, turned and lofted a shot. In four tenths of a second.

Bullshit.