TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

It is IMPOSSIBLE to catch, turn and shoot in four tenths of a second. And the SPurs can't blame anyone but their timekeeper. Who the fuck ever started the clock late and it cost them.

Fisher was inthe air when he caught the ball, landed, turned and lofted a shot. In four tenths of a second.

Bullshit.

Then they have to change the rules. You only need four-tenths to get off a catch and shoot. Any less and it has to be a tip-in on the inbounds pass, but if you have .4 on the clock, a catch and shoot will count.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

It is IMPOSSIBLE to catch, turn and shoot in four tenths of a second.  And the SPurs can't blame anyone but their timekeeper.  Who the fuck ever started the clock late and it cost them. 

Fisher was inthe air when he caught the ball, landed, turned and lofted a shot.  In four tenths of a second. 

Bullshit.

Then they have to change the rules. You only need four-tenths to get off a catch and shoot. Any less and it has to be a tip-in on the inbounds pass, but if you have .4 on the clock, a catch and shoot will count.

he caught turned and shot..big difference.

.4, you can't even catch. you just have to tap that fucker.

3 years ago, the refs woudl have just blown the whistle and called it a game when then saw a catch because they know its not possible.

Fucking Barron Davis and Reggie Miller and their miss called shots in the playoffs 2 years ago changing a common sense rule.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

It is IMPOSSIBLE to catch, turn and shoot in four tenths of a second. And the SPurs can't blame anyone but their timekeeper. Who the fuck ever started the clock late and it cost them.

Fisher was inthe air when he caught the ball, landed, turned and lofted a shot. In four tenths of a second.

Bullshit.

Stop blaming other people. It was just an unbelieveable shot. Fish did it all in one motion.

Well, this year the big game 5 shot went down for the Lakers. I can't imagine how Duncan felt when that one went in. I counted LA out early, but they've hung in there and could very well end the series next game.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

It is IMPOSSIBLE to catch, turn and shoot in four tenths of a second.  And the SPurs can't blame anyone but their timekeeper.  Who the fuck ever started the clock late and it cost them. 

Fisher was inthe air when he caught the ball, landed, turned and lofted a shot.  In four tenths of a second. 

Bullshit.

Stop blaming other people. It was just an unbelieveable shot. Fish did it all in one motion.

I don't care how many motions he did it in. It was impossible if the clock starts when it touched his hands. They didn't start the clock right, he hit a amazing shot.

But doesn't make it any less bullshit.

DAMN YOU LAKERS! DAMN YOU!

Hmmm......no San Antonio has to win 2 in a row. They can do it....if they play like they did at the end of this game.

If SA doesn't beat LA......who do you think has a better shot of beating them? Sacramento or Minnesoat? I think SA though has(had) the best shot out of the remaining west teams to beat LA though......

It doesn't matter who wins in Minnesota/Sac. Whoever wins the LA/Spurs series will win the championships.

You sure about that?

I think Sacramento could give it to both LA and SA.

Guest slacklet
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

Bullshit.

I don't care how many motions he did it in. It was impossible if the clock starts when it touched his hands. They didn't start the clock right, he hit a amazing shot.

You didn't see the 4 different slow-motion replays from multiple angles with the clock embedded at the corner of the screen?

It was an amazing shot. Let it go.

for the love of...

Listen. I am not saying "Boo lakers CONSPIRACY~!" or what the fuck ever.

But, as someone who was trained to officiate games, as someone who was watched the game for nearly 20 years now and knows how the league used to handle this, it isn't possible that Fisher got itall done in four tenths of a second. Like I said, two incidents in the playoffs 2 years ago changed the rule and put the entire end of the game calls on what the clock says and not what officials were taught was possible. Did he beat the CLOCK? Yes. But the clock didn't start until he started to turn(if you were watching four super slo mo replays)

Of course, it is impossible for anyone to be that accurate on starting the clock, and according to the rules, the shot was good. But there is no way possible he got that shot up in that amount of time.

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

Bullshit.

The league put in the rule long ago to take care of situations like that. If there's at least .4 on the clock, you can catch and shoot all in one motion, and it will count if it falls.

Plus, looking at the replay, Fisher clearly got that off.

It doesn't matter who wins in Minnesota/Sac. Whoever wins the LA/Spurs series will win the championships.

You sure about that?

I think Sacramento could give it to both LA and SA.

I am. Sac would get killed by the Spurs, whose defense would wreak havoc on the battered Kings. Lakers/Kings would be really fun to watch, but I'd pick the Lakers in 6.

I was wondering about the shot myself. I thought you could only catch and shoot with .7, anything else you had to tip-in. A helluva shot, though.

As for who could beat LA... I would say Minn. since they play D, but the Kings can light it up, and they could get their shot to finally slay Goliath. I do think Minn/Sac would have a better shot against LA than the Spurs.

The only problem I have with LA winning is the media cocksucking that's bound to re-ignite. Stay tune for ESPN's 101 reasons LA rules. I'm sure the Commish is pissing his pants that his golden boys are 1 game closer from getting rid of those pesty Spurs.

Edited by Tony149

Guest slacklet
Of course, it is impossible for anyone to be that accurate on starting the clock, and according to the rules, the shot was good.  But there is no way possible he got that shot up in that amount of time.

Alright, but what if the shot clock was stopped after San Antonio scored more than a hundreth-second BEFORE the shot clock read 0.4?

That would mean the shot clock theoretically might have been closer to 0.50 than 0.40.

Say the shot clock stops after a score around roughly 0.45. When the clock starts for the next play, if it's stopped between 0.4 and 0.5 then the clock isn't rounded down or up for the next play. It's stopped exactly where the last play ended.

So the clock may have seemed slightly delayed because it was closer to 0.5 than 0.4.

Get it?

for the love of...

Listen. I am not saying "Boo lakers CONSPIRACY~!" or what the fuck ever.

But, as someone who was trained to officiate games, as someone who was watched the game for nearly 20 years now and knows how the league used to handle this, it isn't possible that Fisher got itall done in four tenths of a second. Like I said, two incidents in the playoffs 2 years ago changed the rule and put the entire end of the game calls on what the clock says and not what officials were taught was possible. Did he beat the CLOCK? Yes. But the clock didn't start until he started to turn(if you were watching four super slo mo replays)

Of course, it is impossible for anyone to be that accurate on starting the clock, and according to the rules, the shot was good. But there is no way possible he got that shot up in that amount of time.

I agree with you, the fact that Fisher didn't just toss it up but followed through with the shot makes it impossible for it to have only taken .4 seconds

Either way, it was a great sequence to end the game.

No doubt...exciting basketball.

Its just the fact that when they put in the rule they said officials couldn't use the replay to determine if the clock started at the right time always bothered me and tonight I see why.

Tim Duncan looks really sad in the post game interview.

Poor Tim. He's one of my favorite players. And generally better than all of those guys from LA......but he's not "flashy" or a media darling boy.

Thank you Google.

"Basically, you wind up having a standard that says it isn't humanly possible to do something in less than 0.7 seconds, and then someone proves that it is, and those are the kinds of protocols that we use."

The league adopted one timing-related rules change for the playoffs, deciding in February that timekeepers from neutral NBA cities should be brought in to work postseason games. In addition, referees have been equipped for several seasons with clock-starting devices attached to their belts that override the timekeeper's controls.

"When you have 0.7 on the clock, you actually have more than 0.7, because you have 0.7 plus the amount of time it takes for somebody to push the button," Stern said. "So 0.7 might be 0.8 or 0.9. And as a result, the way the referees deal with that is they discuss among themselves what is humanly possible within the remaining time."

See...This is what I was talking about. This was how it USED to be handled 2 years ago.

So now, we are suggesting that Fisher did what Baron Davis did in nearly half the time.

They hopefully will tweak the rule now. Because between this and Lamound Murrays "catch, step back, shoot" in .5 seconds when the clock OBVIOUSLY started late, they will have to change it.

The shot was clearly out of his hands and above Ginobli with 0.1 left. Fish just pulled off an amazing shot that will propably never happen again. The refs ok'd it with the replay. There's nothing to argue.

And if it was Tony Parker pulling off the miracle 0.4 shot in the same fashion that Fish did, most of you wouldn't be arguing the legality of it.

Guest OraleHolmes

The San Antonio Spurs organization has filed an official complaint protesting Fisher's buzzer beater. According to the Spurs, the clock started late.

Can the NBA reverse the decision upon further review or will they have to play GAME 5 all over again?

Guest slacklet
Can the NBA reverse the decision upon further review or will they have to play GAME 5 all over again?

They can't do that.

All the league can do is issue an apology should they find evidence the clock started late following an investigation.

But, as all replays show, that's not the case. Also, ESPN just confirmed the statistician and head official both pushed the button that started the clock simultaneously.

Spurs look bad coming out of this all-around.