TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The OAO NBA Playoffs/Finals Thread

I didn't see much of the game because there was a stupid Blue Jays game pre-emptying it, but from what I saw, Steve Francis actually didn't do stupid mistakes and actually contributed pretty damn well. I'm impressed at his play (or what I saw of it).

I wonder why Jeff Van Gundy didn't want anyone to talk to Jim Gray after the game. I know this has nothing to do with it but it just reminded me of when Chad Curtis wouldn't talk to Jim Gray because of the Pete Rose thing. All of I could picture was Jim Gray asking Stevie Franchise if he thinks Pete Rose bet on baseball haha!!!

Thanks.

Guest OctoberBlood

Probally because it's a young team and Jeff didn't want them to get full of themselfs. Theres still 3 more games to win to goto the next round. That's just how I looked at it.

Probally because it's a young team and Jeff didn't want them to get full of themselfs. Theres still 3 more games to win to goto the next round. That's just how I looked at it.

Yeah that is what I figured. Good move from who I think is a great coach but then again I am a life long New York Knicks fan so that might explain why I am a fan of Jeff Van Gundy.

Thanks.

Well, for the first time in the series, Houston actually played at a playoff level. They weathered Shaq's early flurry and played solid D most of the game. Steve Francis had his best game of the year. On more than one occasion he passed up a difficult shot (that he probably would have taken in game 1 or 2) and gave the ball to a team mate with a better look and scored. The biggest factor was the 3-point shooting. Cuttino, Steve, and Jimmy will have to keep that up to win game 4.

What happened in the Kings vs Mavs game? Dallas up by 22 could it be that they are playing defense or is it that Chris Webber is hurting the team more than normal?

Heh, Doug Collins just called the Hornets the Jazz.

Poor kids. If they're not being called the New Orleans Jazz, they're being called the Charlotte Hornets. They have no identity.

Yeah they ALWAYS call them "Charlotte Hornets" on Shootaround, Fastbreak, etc

Bibby, Miller, Webber are not making any shots tonight and there is some speculation that Brad Miller might have some shoulder & elbow problems. As for Bibby can the coach call a time out and tell him to stop with the silly layups and pass the ball more?

Bibby, Miller, Webber are not making any shots tonight and there is some speculation that Brad Miller might have some shoulder & elbow problems. As for Bibby can the coach call a time out and tell him to stop with the silly layups and pass the ball more?

Peja wasn't getting anything either.

The good is that all the Kings need to do is take 1 in Dallas, which can stil be done. The bad thing is that they just look HORRIBLE tonight.

Damn, Denver is pretty much owning the T'Wolves right now in this game. I think this is the pefect time for Minnesota to show that they have a second gear and take over the game like the Lakers always have over the past few years. But Denver is playing a hell of a game.

I wish that Lebron paid some respect to Jordan, and himself, and DIDN'T take #23. He should be creating his own image, and starting his own legacy, not piggybacking off the biggest sports star in years.

That annoys me, too. But I think we'll be in store for more players doing that since the kids who grew up watching MJ will now be making up the league.

What a complete rout by the Nuggets, at least this series should produce a few more great games instead of unwatchable blowouts like the rest of the playoffs so far. Same for Houston / LA, this is what I enjoy seeing.