TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

The OAO "The WWE Experience" Thread

From WWE.com:

The WWE Experience

World Wrestling Entertainment debuts its new Sunday morning television program on Spike TV, The WWE Experience, this Sunday at 10 a.m./ 9 CT!

The one-hour TV-PG program, hosted by Todd Grisham and WWE Diva Ivory, will feature highlights from both Monday Night RAW and SmackDown! The program also will take a behind-the-scenes look at the activities of the WWE Superstars from both television brands.

For this week's premiere episode, Ivory & Todd come to you from New York City's Times Square! You'll get exclusive highlights from Trish Stratus & Christian's cover shoot for the May edition of Raw Magazine, and much more!

OR would you rather watch...

From my Directv menu:

The WWE Experience [TV-PG]

Sports, wrestling.

Chris Benoit goes home and Kurt Angle returns.

Series, premiere.

Sounds to me like either wwe.com doesn't think fans care about Benoit and Angle, or they yanked those pieces to show a fluff photo shoot.

So it's a combination of Confidential and the Rebound segments played during Raw and Smackdown... fucking lovely

Guest sean pyro

As long as I can remember these early weekend wrestling shows have always been "fluff" so why change now?

I mean who's up at that hour on sundays anyways other than kids watching their cartoons.

Raw really needs to stop showing the Smackdown Rebound clips. Also leave all of the fluff on location shoots of WWE superstars visiting at military bases and shopping at street venders in forgein countries on the EXPERIENCE. There is no need for this crap to be on Raw.

Here I thought it was on right now, turns out to be tomorrow. Too early.

Regardless, Ye Olde Comcaste Boxe says:

Debut "Raw" and "SmackDown!" highlights, plus music and features spotlighting WWE superstars. First up: Chris Benoit goes home and Kurt Angle returns. (Pro Wrestling).

Further proof, in my mind, that DTV keeps trying to limit show descriptions down to one sentence. It's very irritating.

Guest wrestlingbs

They should have started off the first episode of WWE Experience with the ever-popular Rikishi/shooting segment!

Why does WWE keep saying they're making a new show, and then it's just the same show? Livewire-Superstars-->Excess-->Confidential-->The WWE Experience.

You know what the show SHOULD have? Every week, a muscular oaf yells "We're taking your 'Orton Sucks' sign away!," a drunk guy rambles on with random crap like "That's the Bottom Line cause Stone Cold said so!", then you see all your friends pointing and laughing at you, and every four weeks, the show has some guy come and rob you of thirty bucks. THAT'S what the WWE experience is.

Guest Banders Kennany

That Rikishi segment was a good segment, I thought.

Guest wrestlingbs
That Rikishi segment was a good segment, I thought.

It is, but it seems like the play the segment every other week.

then you see all your friends pointing and laughing at you

I've never seen that part. All of my friends either understand it, ignore it, or were fans themselves in the mid-90s or so. Nobody I know is a fan of it now, because they become so tasteless in their attempts at being edgy and XXXtreme and fresh and in your face and whatever else.

, and every four weeks, the show has some guy come and rob you of thirty bucks. THAT'S what the WWE experience is.

Sounds like you need the Newsgroups Experience.

then you see all your friends pointing and laughing at you

I've never seen that part. All of my friends either understand it, ignore it, or were fans themselves in the mid-90s or so. Nobody I know is a fan of it now, because they become so tasteless in their attempts at being edgy and XXXtreme and fresh and in your face and whatever else.

My friends and I have always tried to keep it on the DL. We don't discuss it in front of others.

Does anyone care?

It's just a recap show with some goofy added segments. The only thing the show has going for it is Ivory.

Why does WWE keep saying they're making a new show, and then it's just the same show? Livewire-Superstars-->Excess-->Confidential-->The WWE Experience.

A Fuckin' men.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Does anyone care?

It's just a recap show with some goofy added segments. The only thing the show has going for it is Ivory.

I agree, as long as Ivory is on it the show will have some worth.

My friends and I have always tried to keep it on the DL. We don't discuss it in front of others.

I wouldn't talk about it in front of teachers or girlfriends or people I'm trying to impress, but like I said, everyone I would call friends just doesn't care or understands because they watched at some point in the days prior to Russo. Nobody laughs or makes accusations, and if they bitch you out about it, then they're not really friends, no?

This show would be so cool when I was like, 9. Now-a-days I hardley watch SD!, let alone some recap show with freakin' Ivory hosting it. Give me Pettingale anyday.

Well, thanks for the reminder. I'll set a tape. 99% sure this will be completely worthless but it seems like whenever WWE first debuts a new weekend recap/variety show (Excess, Livewire, Confidential, etc.) it's at least interesting at first. If it's worthless I'll never think about it again.

Definitely some stuff I'd question if this show's supposed to be for kids.

• 10 seconds into the opening titles: Blam! Stacy's ass.
  • 3 out of 4 segments they've recapped so far involve some kind of abuse directed at women, something the CRTC would be hesitant to allow, and in the case of Lita and Kane, didn't.
  • Divas Magazine advertising.

Guest Trivia247
As long as I can remember these early weekend wrestling shows have always been "fluff" so why change now?

I mean who's up at that hour on sundays anyways other than kids watching their cartoons.

unfortunately for the kiddies 9ish am is still dominated by Church folk.

I thought it was ok. I liked the Times Square setting. They better not move it to that damn studio where they shoot EVERYTHING else, though, or else it will COMPLETELY suck.

The WWE Experience is basically the old Superstars show with two on-camera hosts (one of which is too hyper and the other is late-90's Michael Cole with Coach's voice), so I don't really care to watch it.