TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacK

Why the Heel Section hate?

Guest JacK
An update on the fan dynamic at the world famous TNA Asylum... I'm proud to announce that the TNA's "heel section" is dead (They are not actually dead... I don't believe... although I can't say for sure... we haven't seen them around much... if by chance they are indeed dead... they will be missed...) Instead, they have been replaced by a much funnier, much more original group of fans. The talent seems to like them too and is often seen mingling at post show get togethers. In an informal poll... these fans are most supportive of Ron Killings, and enjoy heckling Frankie Kazarian the most. The group seems to be lead by popular local radio personality "Doogie" of Nashville's 102.9 the Buzz, although he could not be reached for comment.

That, of course, is from Borash's coloumn . . . but why the heel section hate? I remember TNA trying to tell them who to cheer for, but didn't they come up with the whole 'Hail Sabin' thing? And didn't Kid Kash used to wear a 'Heel Section' shirt?

TNA probably didn't like them because they were cheering for the guys TNA wanted them to hate.

Guest Donners

Their website is hilarious. They just bitch and bitch about TNA. Much like that muppet at PW Torch, I suppose.

Guest JacK

Now that I think about it . . . it's kind of ironic, TNA turned heel on the heel section.

Guest MikeSC

An update on the fan dynamic at the world famous TNA Asylum... I'm proud to announce that the TNA's "heel section" is dead (They are not actually dead... I don't believe... although I can't say for sure... we haven't seen them around much... if by chance they are indeed dead... they will be missed...) Instead, they have been replaced by a much funnier, much more original group of fans. The talent seems to like them too and is often seen mingling at post show get togethers. In an informal poll... these fans are most supportive of Ron Killings, and enjoy heckling Frankie Kazarian the most. The group seems to be lead by popular local radio personality "Doogie" of Nashville's 102.9 the Buzz, although he could not be reached for comment.

That, of course, is from Borash's coloumn . . . but why the heel section hate? I remember TNA trying to tell them who to cheer for, but didn't they come up with the whole 'Hail Sabin' thing? And didn't Kid Kash used to wear a 'Heel Section' shirt?

The Heel Section is what the front row of the ECW Arena would be if they thought that they were a part of the show.

-=Mike

I forsee a war happening inbetween the two crowds.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Didn't the heel section get closed off a long ass time ago?

I believe it did. I remember a thread where some guy was auctioning off Heel Section T-Shirts a few months ago now.

Ah, how I miss the heel section. It was funny listening to them jeer Jeff Jarrett while he was trying to be the good guy. And how they threw trash in the ring when he pinned Raven. That made me happy.

I think it was around the time they were booing shitty face Jarrett that TNA started trying to phase out the Heel Section, before that TNA didn't seem to have any problem with them.

Ah, how I miss the heel section. It was funny listening to them jeer Jeff Jarrett while he was trying to be the good guy. And how they threw trash in the ring when he pinned Raven. That made me happy.

That was classic, especially Borash running over there like a bat out of hell to get them to stop. God, I miss those guys, they actually REACTED to things as opposed to a lot of the TNA crowds today.

It's not like the old crowd vanished and was replaced by some Stepford Wives or anything like that. Half of the old Heel Section members still go to the shows, and they still sit in the same place. They just never wear the shirts anymore, because Doug, the guy who invented the whole thing, decided (for unknown) personal reasons to kill it himself.

That was classic, especially Borash running over there like a bat out of hell to get them to stop. God, I miss those guys, they actually REACTED to things as opposed to a lot of the TNA crowds today.

The best part is how they even had trash in the first place. When I go to wrestling events, I don't have anything to throw even if I wanted to!

And yes, they did react, which is always a plus.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The Heel Section is what the front row of the ECW Arena would be if they were more interesting than the show.

-=Mike

Edited for accuracy.

You know, when I cheered for Evolution the last time the WWE were in town, they didn't seem to be uppity about it.

I believe it did. I remember a thread where some guy was auctioning off Heel Section T-Shirts a few months ago now.

Bastard scammed me on one of those shirts. Payed him the money, but no t-shirt :angry:

Guest Coffey

There weren't lead by some shitty ass local DJ. They were led by me.

Guest Eric the Eagle

I would assume that any kind of noise (well, maybe not the infamous "X-Pac heat") would be far better than the alternative - silence...

Our promotion has a "heel section" of it's own, the by now rather infamous "Black Corner" (named by a newspaper, of all things), and while we would probably still be there if they were gone, they add immeasurably to the shows, since they always give response. Chansing them away would be by far one of the stupidest things we could do.

Though of course, I realise why TNA would be upset that fans were throwing garbage at their face champion. It doesn't really help what tehy're trying to accomplish. It should give a hint that what they were trying for wan't working, though...

Now it seems that the Heels have disbanded from their section by the entrance. Last night some of them were on the other side. Buster and Mitch plus a few other guys were in their same seats though.The thing that gets me is they act like high school sophomores which is ridiculous, apparently the last few weeks TNA has sold tickets to other people and when Buster and Mitch showed up, they kicked them out of the seats so they could sit there. I mean come on, you're 20+ years old and you're kicking people out so you can stand in the same spot you have for I can't remember how long. Mitch is probably the biggest whiner too. The security came and told them to move to their seats on the ticket and he complained 'it's our section'! If it is your section why don't you buy tickets for your heel friends so you can all sit and drink during the show instead of pushing other people around. That would be the logical thing to do. Thanks for letting me rant.