TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NES Classic Series?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
What, no mention of Simon Belmont? The guy's a work horse. Who could forget his classic series against Dracula?

Alucard stole the spotlight because his father is the head cheese.

Guest CronoT
I guess that leaves Ken Masters sitting in the dark corner whacking off to them fucking.

Considering how philandering and womanizing Ken Masters is, it's sometimes hard to remember that he is, in fact, currently married to his high school sweetheart, Eliza. They have been married now for 20 years.

But, Ken's constant woman problems have created some tension at home, as well as some unexpected redecorations here and there.

Guest Askewniverse
Where is Alex the Kidd?

From what I've read, Alex Kidd is about to start feuding with Dynamite Headdy.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Well cronoT definitely takes this serious.

We want the dream feud to finally happen damn it...

Mike Tyson vs. Donkey Kong

Guest CronoT
What, no mention of Simon Belmont? The guy's a work horse. Who could forget his classic series against Dracula?

Alucard stole the spotlight because his father is the head cheese.

Alucard and his father, Dracula, recently had a much published generational grudge match. Alucard won, but not without some casualties.

The macth can be watched here: http://www.videogamedc.com/Fan_Flicks/Symp...t__alterna.html

Guest CronoT
Well cronoT definitely takes this serious.

We want the dream feud to finally happen damn it...

Mike Tyson vs. Donkey Kong

Hey, what can I say? I'm a video game smark. ;)

Guest CronoT
The Belmont family is still angry at Samus for using their trademark moveset.

Yeah, I remember that. Simon stiffed her hard in their last match, so Samus legit knocked the shit out of him. Simon was out with concussion-related symptoms for a few games, and then made his comeback later, which flopped.

Rumor has it Samus has been working on her own new moveset. It promises to be nothing new or spectacular, and could lead to total crowd apathy.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The Belmont family is still angry at Samus for using their trademark moveset.

Yeah, I remember that. Simon stiffed her hard

:P

Anyone still follow the SFF (Street Fighter Federation)? I know people have gotten bored of it since Ryu has been the champion for.... about... 13 years now, but a lot of the undercard is cool. The tag team of Yun and Yang is pretty hot, reminds me of the Hardy Boyz minus the drug addiction.

I just know everyone wants to see Akuma go over the champ, that guy is a fucking hoss and he can go.

Eh, SFF needs a good twist. They've been too busy with the SNK feuds to build anything good.

Not like the recent MAJOR plot twist with MKCL (Mortal Kombat Championship League)...ending the career of a main eventer like Lui Kang...innovative.

Isn't any anyone concerned with this new direction that FFL (Final Fantasy League) is taking? I don't know about you, but all the bishies that run around there just make me go nuts. You know, like that new guy named Ashe.

...what? That's is a girl? See? This is the problem. You can't tell the ladies from the guys anymore. And please, not another angst ridden teenager being hailed as the next World Champion. Since the FFL fans continually pump up Cloud Strife as the guy to beat, I doubt that a newbie will overthrow him in popularity.

Edited by Lightning Flik

This is why I always triple check all the threads I start to make sure they're aren't any spelling errors, and to make sure I post it in the right forum, because this shit always happens when someone makes a mistake. Anyways, Donkey Kong was one of a series of Classic NES games released to coincide with the release of the NES style GBA SP. THe other games in the series are Super Mario Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Ice Climber, Pac-Man, Xevious, Bomberman, and Excitebike. There was a second series of games released in Japan, but there's no word of anything else yet in this country.

Any word on what happened to Kid Chameleon (sp?). He was a good worker with a good gimmick, but it seems he had one good run and that was it?

Kid Chameleon was only really given a small push with a minor Sega title. He didn't draw as champ and back down to the C-shows he went. Plus his size and look was a factor that worked against him.

if ANYONE is the HHH of video games it's that little blue bastard MegaMan, i've never seen someone that needs to have their push stopped as much as that fucker...

glad to see my man Ryu Hyabusa (Ninja Gaiden) getting the strong push after his great run in the late 80s, early 90s...

Now they need to pump up Strider Hiryu again and I'll be set...

Guest Askewniverse
Rumor has it Samus has been working on her own new moveset. It promises to be nothing new or spectacular, and could lead to total crowd apathy.

I thought the "Screw Attack" she busted out recently was pretty cool. It may not have been an awe-inspiring move, but it was still decent.

if ANYONE is the HHH of video games it's that little blue bastard MegaMan, i've never seen someone that needs to have their push stopped as much as that fucker...

I kinda agree. Mega Man should stop being pushed. His finisher-stealing gimmick is getting old.

Has anybody else heard about "Double Dragon," Billy and Jimmy Lee? Apparently, they're supposed to be pretty good. Hopefully, they're a lot better than Bad Dudes. BD have gotten lazy as of late.

Bah! That feud dragged on and on! And the needless jobbing of Dracula against not only Simon, but Trevor and to his own son, and so forth really killed the character. Does anybody take Dracula as a serious threat anymore?

the Dragon Twins were lame duck champions waiting for Ryu and Ken to take the beat em up/fighter game tag team belts...

Bad Dudes only memorable match was against the Dragon Ninjas and all they got out of it was a cheeseburger with Dan Quayle...

I'd love to see the Battletoads make a comeback especially after the Dragon Twins tried to overshadow them in their Survivor Series match against the Shadow Gang and that evil queen what's-her-names group...

edit: this thread is getting to be pretty funny actually!

Ok, now I don't want to be mean, but who's the most overrated villian? I think it's Sephiroth. I mean, dammit. He's an absolute stooge for his "mother" Jenova, and does nothing for himself.

Dammit, if I wanted to cheer for a true villian, I'd cheer for Lucas Blight. It took nearly everyone and their fucking monkey to make it so that he'd drop the World Championship to Riou! How fucked up is that? I mean, Lucas Blight seems like a God, and hell, I bet sooner or later he'll be coming back for his title that is his.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Black Lushus, I get credit for starting this stuff. So praise me. Not the person who started this, as he's unworthy of the praise, but me, as I started it. Me, me, me, me. Got it? Me.

Edited by Lightning Flik

Guest TonyJaymzV1

I'll tell you who has been held down: Ness, of The Earthbound fued fame. This kid came in, at a young age, and just wowed crowds. He wasn't the best promo guy, but his in-ring charisma, his finisher (Psy-Burn) and the fact that he was given a push against a super heel, and a manager like Buzz Bee, he was over like rover. Hell, didn't he win the rookie of the year?

And then what happened? Mario, scared of this uprising kid exceling at a the RPG style, a style Mario was trying to get into and become number one at, basically cock blocked Ness' career, to the point where he now just pops up in odd battle royales, with the Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff.

There were talks of giving him a push in the 64 era, bring him in as the top face against Conker, but they decided to give Conker the austin-like badass push, and Ness never got his chance to shine.

I'll tell you who has been held down: Ness, of The Earthbound fued fame. This kid came in, at a young age, and just wowed crowds. He wasn't the best promo guy, but his in-ring charisma, his finisher (Psy-Burn) and the fact that he was given a push against a super heel, and a manager like Buzz Bee, he was over like rover. Hell, didn't he win the rookie of the year?

And then what happened? Mario, scared of this uprising kid exceling at a the RPG style, a style Mario was trying to get into and become number one at, basically cock blocked Ness' career, to the point where he now just pops up in odd battle royales, with the Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff.

There were talks of giving him a push in the 64 era, bring him in as the top face against Conker, but they decided to give Conker the austin-like badass push, and Ness never got his chance to shine.

Damn that Mario!

Watch your mouth, Knick fan.

Mega Man 0wnz j00

Guest TonyJaymzV1

Ever since Mario became a Toadstool, he's become the heir to the throne, as it were. Don't even get me started on what he did to Earthworm Jim.

Mega Man has become the Terry Funk of this generation, always around, still doing crazy shit, and trying to adapt to the young guns' styles. He is gonna die in the ring, I tell you what.

If anything, at this point, the Mortal Kombat leauge is going to be number one soon. My srouces in the back say that Bakura is coming back to a monster heel push, and may get a "Legend Killer" gimmick, taking out Raiden.

Watch your mouth, Knick fan.

Mega Man 0wnz j00

i'll give you megaman 1, 2 and 3, Pacer Fan, but once they got up to 8 or whatever then they went to X and THAT series had 8 or so parts, it got to be too damn much!

Mega Man as Terry Funk? Are you kidding? He's more like Hulk Hogan; blue bastard hasn't done anything new since... well, damn. Every year it's the same thing. I mean, the Doctor Wily feud just won't blow off. I remember the Doctor Cossack angle, that COULD have been good. Sigh... and then Doctor X.

Nope, both times: "IT WAS ME, MEGA MAN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" God, that higher power bullshit... argh.

Guest thetrendsetter

And You guys haven't even mentioned Link's grasp on the Main Event Scene for the better part of 2 Decades, holding everyone else under. HHHim and Zelda have had a strangle hold on Nintendo for a long time... and Poor Little Mac, one of the most successful sports video games ever (Punch-Out) and he doesn't even get cast for the sequel, talk about politics...

Just curious, what is the general opinion of the up and coming tag team of Jak and Daxter?

They have a long road ahead of them if they want to make it to superstardom, but they seem to be on the right track already...

Mega Man as Terry Funk?  Are you kidding?  He's more like Hulk Hogan; blue bastard hasn't done anything new since... well, damn.  Every year it's the same thing.  I mean, the Doctor Wily feud just won't blow off.  I remember the Doctor Cossack angle, that COULD have been good.  Sigh... and then Doctor X.

Nope, both times: "IT WAS ME, MEGA MAN!  IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"  God, that higher power bullshit... argh.

The Megaman Exe had a pretty good storyline Thoth in his second (I think) push. I mean, who suspected that person? I certainly know I didn't.

But yeah, Mega Man Classic "higher power" just blows. Mega Man X isn't bad, but really shoddy storylines prevent him from being a main player.

I'd prefer they'd push his occassional tag partner, Zero, because Zero has much more going for him. Like the mysterious past and everything. Even though I think he's the second Bass (come on, it is too obvious people).

And what's with the ladies division's current Champion? I mean, I know Yuna's popular and all, but why did she get such a drastic gimmick change. I swear it killed any love I had for her character during her original push as Champion.

Edited by Lightning Flik