TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

OAO Smackdown Thread for 6-10-04

Guest JMA

Does anyone else think Vince will have Eddie make fun of JBL for getting fired from CNBC? Sure, it would be counter-productive, but it would make sense (storyline wise).

And why the hell am I watching Smackdown?

I wish they could have some sort of gimmicks for Japanese wrestlers other than that they're Japanese.

Has a Japanese wrestler ever had intro music that wasn't sterotypical Oriental music?

How could you forget... Rikishi. Having the gimmick that he's Asian would actually seem fresh considering how long he's been doing the same boring shit.

He's Samoan...

Not like That hasn't stopped Vince before.

When in doubt and you need a offensive Japanese stereotype...Call upon the local Fat Samoan.

Rikishi, the Samoan sumo with a heart of Gold=Ratings

Guest Choken One

It'd make ZERO sense because it kinda hurts the character and only points out the incident to those unaware.

Guest JMA
It'd make ZERO sense because it kinda hurts the character and only points out the incident to those unaware.

No, it makes sense character-wise because Eddie hates JBL. Thus, he would use any ammo he could against him.

It might also be a good way to publicly punish Bradshaw.

Cena survives the 5 minute Black Dude challenge!

Up next: The 5 Minute Stoner Challenge! And if necessary, the 5 minute French-Canadian Guy Challenge!

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

RVD's head bounced off the mat like a basketball.

I have NEVER seen more repeated moves in a contest, much less involving 4 different men. The same spinebuster was thrown 3 or 4 times, Cena threw out nothing but clotheslines and shoulderblocks. that was just painful to watch.

Is it any coincidence that WWE almost always makes their summer TV programming suck, especially on Smackdown every year?

In 2002, Cena beat Jericho way too much.

In 2003, Benoit jobbed to everyone and their mother.

This year, John Cena, JBL, and The Undertaker are getting way too much exposure.

Did Undertaker turn heel?

Yeah, and I don't give a shit either way. I guess he'll be squashing Paul London and Rey Mysterio, thus officially making the Cruiserweight division in WWE "rest in peace". Heh heh, bad joke.

Guest Choken One

Undertaker+Dudleyz align to form the ultimate Stale act Combo in wrestling history...all they need is Rikishi.

Undertaker+Dudleyz align to form the ultimate Stale act Combo in wrestling history...all they need is Rikishi.

Would he still be "fat-ass Samoan that dances in a thong to hip-hop music" or would he revert back into being Mr. "I did it for Deh Rock"?

So, I guess they're recycling 1997 storylines here... Undertaker with Heyman seems to be the equivalent to Undertaker rejoining Paul Bearer, except without the secret. Taker getting on one knee in front of the evil manager with the urn is the exact same scene from 1997.

Is it me, or this is the lowest posting Smackdown/RAW thread EVER?

Well, I really don't where what to say after Taker joined him. It will be QUITE the awkward combo...

Is it me, or this is the lowest posting Smackdown/RAW thread EVER?

Well, I really don't where what to say after Taker joined him. It will be QUITE the awkward combo...

I know most posters on this forum are obviously burned out on wrestlecrap.com due to RD Reynolds' repetitiveness, but does anyone else think that the Taker/Heyman/Dudleyz stable=Wrestlecrap?

Guest netslob

i heard Cole tell Tazz to shut up...the REAL TAZ wouldn't take that shit...he'd choke that little hair-frosted, goateed'd bitch OUT!!

Guest wrestlingbs

Have Heyman's stable be called MOC (Month-Old Crackers, see, they're stale. Get it?). Have Rikishi and STH join. Then have them wrestle the Bashams every week for 3 years. Why? I dunno. I don't watch SD anymore.

Guest nikowwf

BTW, if anyone is wondering (you're not i know) Kenzo said something along the lines of IM HERE AMERICA, AND IM GOING TO KICK YOUR ASSES. He also mumbles a lot, me and my wife tried to pick up some of what he said. It was equivalent to if somone was trying to make fun of japanese and just shouting out sounds.

quite possibly the most unimpressive debut in history.

niko

Geez, I can't recall the last time a Smackdown discussion thread only had two pages!??! My how the mighty have fallen!

I enjoyed the three way/beat up on John Cena match. A feud with Book could be interesting.

The only thing I could think of when Kenzo came out was, what a fucked up hair cut you have!!!! Good grief, he has like three different hair styles going on. What exactly is he angry at/about? Is he still pissed off that the Americans beat Japan in WW 2?

I died laughing when I saw Chavo Sr. pimping the old ladies!! That was hilarious.

No divas!! Yeah!

Decent Smackdown last night, I thought.

I thought Smackdown was really good. I can't wait for the match at the Great American Bash when it is Paul Heyman vs. Paul Bearer in a 'Urn on a pole match' for control of The Undertaker. LOL