TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

NBA Offseason News and Moves

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

heh heh.

anyway, I saw a new version of the trade that has Stevie, Mobley, Cato and Nachbar for T-Mac, Howard, and Lue. In other words, the Rockets get fucked even harder than the original deal, which I wasn't sure was possible.

wait, I mean the Magic get slightly less fucked. What the hell was I thinking about when I typed that last post?

Well apparently Boki's out of the deal for now. I'm not sure what all the particulars are but I've heard

McGrady

Lue

Howard

possibly DeClerq, that's the unclear player right now

for

Francis

Mobley

Cato

And Goblin, I hate to be contrary but some points for thought. Francis is a point guard, not a scoring guard, and his shooting percentage has been going down for like the past 3 years. Mobley is a gunner who can light it up when he's hot but can freeze a desert when he's off. Plus he's a 6'4" shooting guard who can be posted up by bigger SGs. And if you think Cato can bring "grit" to the Magic, they must be marshmellows because he only plays hard when it's time to negotiate a new contract.

And for those who wonder who can play the point for the Rockets, they have the $4.5 million exception this year, and Brent Barry is a FA. Also, Derek Fisher just opted out of his contract and apparently wouldn't mind being a Rocket. Besides, with McGrady and Ming, all the PG should know how to do is dribble the ball past midcourt and pass the ball. I'm sure they can find someone to do that.

now here's a weird rumor for you.

Lakers get:

Michael Pietrus

Nick Van Exel

Erick Dampier

Uncle Cliff Robinson

Warriors get Shaq

so you'd have

Dampier

Cliffy

Pietrus

Kobe

Van Exel

and

Shaq

Troy Murphy

Mike Dunleavy

Jason Richardson

Speedy Claxton

could work...

Damn the competition in the Texas League just picked up! I hope the Spurs can get Stephen Jackson back or else there will be alot of losing next season.

Guest Rrrsh

Another Big Rumor goin around is the Nets tradin their 1st rounder for a jabroni and 3 mill in cash.

Man Jersy is cheap.

If the TMac/Francis trade were to go down what would the starting 5 for Houston look like? I think TMac brings them more game then Steve had to offer and should put them into the mix as serious contenders in the west. If Yao keeps getting better and they find some role players they can be a really good team.

How much cap room does Houston have? Do they have enough to go after a point guard like Derek Fisher? I think aquiring McGrady is a good step toward the future.

And I doubt Francis stays in Orlando for long. Remember what happened when the Grizz drafted him? He pouted like a little biotch until they gave in and traded him for peanuts. Hes just gonna whine in O-town until he gets traded. I'm not really seeing how the Magic get better aside from the fact that at least they get some compensation for McGrady.

I'm guessing the Rockets would go

Yao

Howard

Jackson

T-Mac

Lue? (I'm sure they can find some free agent better than him)

I think Houston's over the cap, they still have the laughably overpaid Mo Taylor and Clarence Spoon.

not that anyone asked, but the Magic would go

Cato

Okafor

Gooden

Mobley

Francis

That's great news for me.

"I'm more of a (guy who) wants to handle the ball, control the ball, penetrate, get eight or nine assists and take 10 or 11 shots off floaters and runners," he said before the finals. "That's my game. I'm not a shooter. I'm more of a scorer.

Maybe if Jackson wasn't such an idiot and realized this, we wouldn't be congratulating the Pistons on their Finals victory.

The Charlotte Bobcats will select Utah Jazz rookie Aleksandar Pavlovic in tonight's expansion draft and trade him on to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Charlotte Observer has learned.

In return, the Bobcats will receive a future first-round pick from the Cavaliers. It possibly could be a lottery-protected pick that the Toronto Raptors owe the Cavaliers.

Pavlovic, a 6-foot-7 forward, was a somewhat surprising inclusion on the unprotected list, since the Jazz took him in the first round a year ago. Though he struggled defensively, he showed a fine shooting touch.

That would be a big attraction to Cleveland; the Cavaliers best jump-shooter, Jason Kapono, might be coming to Charlotte tonight in the expansion draft. In Kapono's absence, the Cavaliers look like the worst jump-shooting team in the NBA.

The Bobcats are also expected to pick up a future first-round pick from the Phoenix Suns, in return for taking center Jahidi White tonight. Dropping White off the payroll saves the Suns about $5.9 million in salary-cap room next season.

There was a rumor floating around NBA circles Monday that San Antonio Spurs and New York Knicks were talking about a deal that would have to be facilitated through Charlotte.

It would go something like this: The Spurs would give the Bobcats the 28th pick in Thursday's draft, in return for the Bobcats selecting Malik Rose in the expansion draft. Then the Bobcats would trade Rose to New York for center Dikembe Mutombo and other considerations.

Though such a deal could work under the salary cap, the Observer couldn't independently confirm whether such a configuration had been discussed.

Credit: Charlotte Observer via Philadelphia Inquirer

Karl has too much pride to go back to Utah after the headached that was this year for the Lakers. And as much as a mark I am for Karl and as much as I love the Jazz, I don't know if I want to see him back. Granted, it would be awesome, but on the other hand, it's not developing new players for the Jazz. They did very well forthemselves this past season witout Stockton and Malone, and I don't necessarily think it would help them evolve with him coming back.

On ESPNNEWS or SC, I forget which, they said Derek Fisher will be opting out. I've heard a lot about him possibly going to Houston.

I know, but the thought of Karl's homecoming has crossed my mind a few times.

Since Francis is pretty much gone, Houston would need a PG. Makes sense that Fisher would go there.

Sportscenter was all about Tmac and shaq trades today. I thought it was interesting that TMac and Howard were actually the 2nd highest scoring duo in the NBA right behind Shaq and Kobe. S&K avg 45.4 while Tracy and Juwan avg 45 ppg. I think if the Rockets can sign a vetrtan pg like Fisher they might be one of the elite teams in the West. That is if they can find a little bit of depth anyways.

Bobcats Expansion Draft:

1. Lonny Baxter

2. J.R Bremmer

3. Primoz Brezec

4. Maurice Carter

5. Pedrag Drobnjak

6. Desmond Ferguson

7. Marcus Fizer

8. Richie Frahm

9. Brandon Hunter

10. Jason Kapono

11. Zaza Pachulia

12. Aleksander Pavlovic

13. Jamal Sampson

14. Tamar Slay

15. Theron Smith

16. Jeff Trepagnier

17. Gerald Wallace

18. Jahidi White

19. Loren Woods

The Bobcats are gonna be SOOO bad. Whats their starting 5 gonna be?

Dwight Howard (Assuming they draft him)

Jason Kapono

Gerald Wallace

JR Bremer

Jahidi White

On paper this team looks like crap. In real life hoever they'll probably be... flaming crap. Maybe getting some playing time will help these guys improve but they are gonna lose a LOT of games.

Goddamn it they didn't take Calvin Booth

I went to Penn State at the same time Booth was there (I think I was a couple years ahead of him). We both lived in dorms in the same area. I always saw that tall, gangly-lookin' dude walking around, and it never ceases to amaze me that Seattle gave him $3867294 million to play for them.