TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Official Spiderman 2 Thread

I plan on seeing this either tommorrow or thursday at the latest. I'd see a midnight show tonight, but I gotta be up at 6:30am to go to work.

From what I've seen, nothing but positive reviews. Ebert said it was the best comic book action movie he's ever seen and Harry Knowles gave it the usual drooling all over the screen review.

Post your thoughts, reviews, and comments here.

Guest SP-1

10 PM Wednesday night for me.

Personally, considering all the positive reviews and the evidence from the trailers and promos, I think this might be the best comic book movie ever made. I honestly think Spidey 2 is going to give X2 a serious run for its money as far as box office AND quality.

I can't wait.

Edited by SpiderPoet

I have no class wednesday night, so I will see it after work wednesday night.

Oh and Harry Knowles gave it a review one could consider almost homoerotic....LOL.

Guest Smues

Debating going to a midnight showing tonight. I have a class that gets out at 10 tonight, so I'd just go straight from that and get in line. But I have class tommorow too. Damn Wednesday releases, why couldn't this come out Friday?

Guest Smues

From Ebert's review: Snooty Usher: Bruce Campbell. Huzzah I was hoping he'd be back.

I'll be seeing it late Wednesday night. The movie theater is showing it on 3 different screens, so I doubt it will sell out on me.

Guest MikeSC
From Ebert's review: Snooty Usher: Bruce Campbell. Huzzah I was hoping he'd be back.

Well, that explains why Campbell's voice is in the (very good) game. I'm honestly looking forward to this. A good action movie with actually good actors involved. I'm sure it won't be a thespianic tour de force --- but I can't imagine it just sucking, either.

-=Mike

Depending on who's available to go with, I might make it tommorrow night, but I'll see it by Saturday, latest. I can't wait.

This is so unfair, I love Spidey so much and I wont be able to see it for like 3 weeks, all because I live in the middle of no where!

Guest El Satanico

I plan on seeing it Sunday or Monday. I'm leaning towards Monday, because I'm betting the Sunday afternoon showings will be insane.

Guest netslob
My favorite webslinger is Venom.

No Randy Savage in the sequel? That's too bad, old Mach could use the work.

here's hoping they use him as the main villain in the third film (Venom, not Savage).

i'm gonna wait a few weeks to see it, only becasue the theaters will be MOBBED and i hate sitting in crowded theaters.

Midnight showing biatches!

Funny b/c I'm having extreme sinus problems and I stayed home from work yesterday and today but I'm toughing it out to see Spider Man!

Guest Vitamin X

I'm also going to the midnight showing.

This shit's going to rule.

here's hoping they use him as the main villain in the third film (Venom, not Savage).

Nah, they should start setting it up in part 3, introduce the black suit and have Parker get it then have it go over to Brock at the end setting up part 4. Can also use part 3 to build up the Parker-Brock relationship, one movie just wouldn't be enough for it all..plus part 3 should be the blow-off for the Spidey-Harry so they can move onto the Venom thing properly.

My favorite webslinger is Venom.

No Randy Savage in the sequel? That's too bad, old Mach could use the work.

Yeah he didn't die in the first one, so how could someone who had a "leading role" in Spiderman not be in the sequel?

Guest El Satanico

They aren't going to attempt doing Venom and it's probably for the best. I'm not sure they could do Venom justice and if they could get a PG-13 without watering him down. They should stick to earthly storylines for this film series, no need to do the whole space thing.

Has there been any news on the Venom spin off movie that was rumored?

ok back from seeing it, here's my mini review:

awesome awesome movie, way better that the first one IMO, the villain was was alot better here, although he could have done a bit more stuff, there were some parts where he was missing for some time, but still good.

The effects were simply amazing, Spiderman still looks kinda comic-book style when slinging through the city, but looks much more realistic, and his suit is a thing of beauty. Doc Ock, damn! he looks so freaking awesome, the CGI in him is just perfect, and his tentacles have quite a bit of personality.

The action scenes and fights all are breathtaking, specially the one-on-one fights between the main characters.

The relationship between MJ and Peter evolves alot here, and it's very satisfying, i don't wanna spoil things, so i may sound i won't tell more.

The story of Peter having problems keeping a real life and saving the city is pretty well done maybe a bit exagerated at times(someone can't have such bad luck) but works.

Also this movies is FUNNY, there's quite a few laugh out loud scenes, my favorite being the one in the Elevator, too funny.

Now, my favorite part of the movie probably was the Peter-Harry draaaama, James Franco really shined in his scenes when talking about wanting revenge om Spidey. I loved the conclusion to this.

Now on the things that i didn't like is that it replayed alot of stuff that happened in the first movie, and i felt that some of them weren't necesary, and it felt kinda repetitive sometimes.

And the ending is just an amazing set-up for the next movie, and i can't wait already for SM 3, 2 years is too much! You'll love this part.

Thumbs up from me, and i may go see it again this week to see if it holds up.

Guest TheAustralian

Just got back from seeing it and I must say it is alot better then I expected.

I was one of those people that Thought they dropped the ball with the original not so the sequel.

I must say that Raimi delivers.

This is the perfect second act, I cant wait for the 3rd.

All the actor deliver.

The only Flaw in the movie is that it seems like Dawsons Creek at times but overall I must say it is really good.

I give it 4 out 5 stars

Guest MikeSC

Didn't Stan Lee want Dr. Octopus in the first movie as is.

I'm thrilled to hear that this movie is, apparently, pretty good.

-=Mike

I'm seeing it on Thrusday, I can't wait.

Funny thing: I bought the book a month ago. Started readingit. And for the first time, I decided not to finish it, because I didn't want to be spoiled.

Just got back and I loved it, it's tied with X-2 as my favorite comic movie. Only one thing I would have changed about it I would have changed the order of the ending. I would have put the MJ weddig, MJ-Peter stuff first. Peter goes out as Spidey, does his tour around New York, everything's nice and shiny and it fades to black making everyone think the credits are about to roll on a happy note but they don't. Instead it fades back in to Harry's scene, Norman appears before him, he discovers the Goblin suit and glider. Go to close-up of the Goblin mask, fade to black, roll credits.... but other than that it was amazing...I think I may see it again this weekend.

Guest Vitamin X

Just got back and loved it. If I wasn't such a Punisher mark, this would probably be the best superhero movie I've seen. I agree with BlackFlagg's version of the ending a lot more, that would have been done better. My only gripe with the film are a couple petty yet aggravating this.

1. BULLLLSHIT an old lady hang on that long to something like that. That was by far one of the most unrealistic things I've seen in a movie. I guess the director was thinking the audience would be too caught up in the thrill of the first DocOck-Spidey battle to notice that.

2. Often times, the webs Spidey was slinging seem to be going to nowhere. There was a point near the end when Spidey saves MaryJane and he LEAPS over falling debris and then slings a web out of there.. The guys sitting me verbalized the same question I had in my head "Where the hell did he sling that web?!" to which someone replied "Uh..TO THE MOON!" but then was conveniently right by a crane although there didn't seem to be any cranes nearby before that shot.

It loses points on the reality scale (which is obviously a lot more lenient in superhero movies), but it gets points for being fun and entertaining. If you liked the first one, you'll enjoy this one.

EDIT: Trailer-wise there was a TERRIBLE looking movie with Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis called Christmas with the Kranks, the Bourne Supremacy (THIS LOOKS MUTHAFUCKIN AWESOME!), Catwoman which actually didn't look that bad but the audience was largely unimpressed and they actually booed the hell out of it, and there might have been another one but I forgot about it.

Guest TheAustralian

The trailers for my showing were King Arther and I, Robot.

I really was disappointed with the character of Aunt May overall, I personally think she is the weakest character in the movies the stuff with her and Peter seemed drawn out and at times boring.

I forgot to mention that JJJ once again steals the show.