TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Official Spiderman 2 Thread

The trailers they showed us were absolute shit. I Robot, Bourne Supremacy, shitty Tim allen movie, new Tom Cruise and Jim carey flicks... and some shitty Anaconda movie.

But aside from that... Spiderman 2 is the SHIT! Way better than the first in my opinion. I don't really know what to say except for go see it. I give it 10+/10

I already got tickets for friday, I can't make it any time before.

For you guys who have already seen it, you comic-book fans? Can you confirm my theory that the movie is an amalgam of Amazing Spider-Man #12 and Amazing Spider-Man #50? Keep in mind I haven't read any spoilers yet, I'm just inferring from all the trailers I've seen.

And if you think there aren't any bad reviews, check the movie review database on yahoo.com, there's an idiot who totally rips on the movie, giving it 2 out of 10. Moron.

I got back from it. I loved it. Very good movie. But:

If Harry comes back as the Green Goblin in the next one does that mean that we don't get Venom still!? FUCK!

There's another bad review at Box Office Mojo. The guy gave it a "C" calling it "dull, and solw-paced." Idiot. Other than this, the rest are mostly raving reviews. Can't wait for friday!!

For you guys who have already seen it, you comic-book fans? Can you confirm my theory that the movie is an amalgam of Amazing Spider-Man #12 and Amazing Spider-Man #50? Keep in mind I haven't read any spoilers yet, I'm just inferring from all the trailers I've seen.

yes, it borrows alot from those issues, some scenes seem directly out of the comics, you'll recognize them when you see them.

And i agree with BlackFlagg, i would have prefered that order for the ending, but i still loved it the way it was.

Guest SpiderFan

Saw it and loved it. I can't say enough good things about it. Great fight scenes, natural story progression and some great visuals (the costume in the can was a straight copy of Amazing #50 and I love it) Go see this if you haven't yet.

For trailers, I got sadest bunch of trailers I've ever seen. Anacondas, Catwoman, the Tim Allen Christmas thing, and some stupid teen movie about trying to convince a guy not to get married by taking him on a roadtrip; none were appealing to me.

Guest SP-1
Saw it and loved it. I can't say enough good things about it. Great fight scenes, natural story progression and some great visuals (the costume in the can was a straight copy of Amazing #50 and I love it) Go see this if you haven't yet.

For trailers, I got sadest bunch of trailers I've ever seen. Anacondas, Catwoman, the Tim Allen Christmas thing, and some stupid teen movie about trying to convince a guy not to get married by taking him on a roadtrip; none were appealing to me.

You, sir, have an awesome name.

Oh yeah my previews:

Some Nicholas Cage movie about treasure hunting and the constitution

Blade Trinity

The Tim Allen movie

Anacondas

The new Jim Carrey Movie

The new Tom Cruise movie(awesome shooting style)

And that's about all I can remember.

Dama, enlighten us: how did Blade: Trinity look?

It looked more like the recent Marvel movies with some pretty colors dotted in there and effects rather than the darker tone of the first one.......however it still looked pretty badass.

Though Jessica Biel is one of the main heroes.....damn.......not cool.....not cool at all.

Guest Askewniverse

I saw it earlier this afternoon and I thought it was pretty good. I agree with BlackFlagg about the ending, but I don't have any complaints about the one that was shown.

I thought the comic book-style recap of the first movie during the opening credits was a nice touch.

The chainsaw in the operating room was a pretty cool homage to the Evil Dead series.

Great movie!

I think my favorite scene was Harry's scene near the end. Classic.

Overall it was very very good. I was impressed with the psychological drama of Peter Parker. This movie gives some real thought and weight to what being a superhero means as far as your day to day life goes.

I get off work in about an hour and a half and I had the lady, pick up some tickets for the 7:30 show. I can't wait....

Guest SP-1

We're leaving here soon for the 10 PM show. It's been a while since I was actually psyched about going to see a movie. I remember feeling like this when I was a kid. It's nice to have a MUST SEE movie coming out. I love this kind of geekery.

Guest nugget

i guess i'm one of the few who was disappointed by this movie. It was still very good, but all the drama/emotional stuff really slowed the movie down and was boring to me. It was good but i'd have to say i liked the original better.

However, the fight scenes were incredible, i loved doc ock, i love the operating room scene and i loved harry's last scene.

i got Anacondas(looks decent), King Arthur, Catwoman(CRAP!) and the Christmas one too

Anacondas looked like Anaconda with better special effects and no J Lo and Ice cube. That was the shittiest bunch of trailers Ive ever seen.

Im probably going to see it again tonight it looks like.

Guest SpiderFan
Saw it and loved it.  I can't say enough good things about it.  Great fight scenes, natural story progression and some great visuals (the costume in the can was a straight copy of Amazing #50 and I love it)  Go see this if you haven't yet.

For trailers, I got sadest bunch of trailers I've ever seen.  Anacondas, Catwoman, the Tim Allen Christmas thing, and some stupid teen movie about trying to convince a guy not to get married by taking him on a roadtrip; none were appealing to me.

You, sir, have an awesome name.

Was it just me, or, in the operating room, did the tentcles remind anyone of the raptors from Jurassic Park? The noises they made and the way they ganged up on the last guy gave me that impression. That whole scene was very reminsicent of a horror movie.

yeah the scene in the hospital had a very Horror movie feel to it, it actually felt very hardcore and heavy compared to the rest of the movie imo...i loved it!

Anacondas looked like Anaconda with better special effects and no J Lo and Ice cube. That was the shittiest bunch of trailers Ive ever seen.

i liked the shot with them walking in the river and the Anaconda swimming right between them without they knowing it.

Guest JMA
I got back from it. I loved it. Very good movie. But:

If Harry comes back as the Green Goblin in the next one does that mean that we don't get Venom still!? FUCK!

There are PLENTY of classic villains to use before him. I'm personally hoping we see the Lizard and Scorpion soon myself.

Anyway, I just got back from the movie and I very much enjoyed it. They seemed to get everything about the character right. I deem it a worthy successor to the original.

Just got back and I'm with the majority here, loved the operating room scene.

May I just say Alfred Molina deserves an Oscar nomination.

I'm looking very foward to "Collateral" (that's the Tom Cruise/Jamie Foxx film), love the use of 'Man in the Box' for the trailer.

i guess i'm one of the few who was disappointed by this movie. It was still very good, but all the drama/emotional stuff really slowed the movie down and was boring to me. It was good but i'd have to say i liked the original better.

However, the fight scenes were incredible, i loved doc ock, i love the operating room scene and i loved harry's last scene.

There's more to a good movie than just fight scenes.

Absolutely fantastic movie. X-Men 2 was a touch better, but that's only because I'm an X-men mark. The CGI was so much better than the first, there were only one or two scenes where it looked a bit iffy, and even then I was looking pretty hard.

I think it stands out from the first Spidey because of the increased emphasis on the characters. Even J.J Jameson gets fleshed out more, it's fantastic. My only problem was with the handling of Aunt May. I really think May should have found out that Peter was Spidey. I mean, MJ, Harry, and a train full of people found out, so why not May? The scene with her talking to Peter about how 'there's a hero in all of us' showed that she had an inkling that something was up, but I think the film would have been better if she found out (and then told Peter she knew all along, like in the comics). I guess they want to save that for Spidey 3.

Well I can tell you that this is my favorite Super Hero movie so far. Before my list was:

1) Daredevil

2) Spider Man

3) The Punisher

4) The Hulk

5)X-Men

6)X-2

Now you can just move those all down a notch. I put X-2 at the bottom of the list b/c even though I'm a huge X-Men mark I found the movie to be boring as shit.

But this one kept me going hardcore.

Guest SP-1

This is the greatest superhero movie I've ever seen. The character depth offered here is amazing and the action complements it perfectly.

And the ending.

Oh, the ending.

I wanted to man-cry.

That is all.

Guest nugget
i guess i'm one of the few who was disappointed by this movie.  It was still very good, but all the drama/emotional stuff really slowed the movie down and was boring to me.  It was good but i'd have to say i liked the original better.

There's more to a good movie than just fight scenes.

i understand that, but the parts in this that weren't fights scenes just didn't do anything for me

Went to the midnight showing Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Previews:

I, Robot (didn't want to see this before but I might now)

Anacondas (this deserved a sequel?)

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (want to see this movie bad)

Collateral (looks all right)

Christmas with the Krank's (blah)

The Village (not up my alley, but the people I was with liked it)

They spent a little too much time with the drama but other than that there is nothing to complain about. And there's a lot of humor that keeps the movie from being over dramatic. Loved the fights between Spidey and Doc Ock, particularly the battle on the elevated train. And while I'm disappointed that Venom will not be the villain in the next film, the one who will be makes perfect sense. I really don't want to wait two years for a new film.

Simply a great movie.

I think it stands out from the first Spidey because of the increased emphasis on the characters. Even J.J Jameson gets fleshed out more, it's fantastic. My only problem was with the handling of Aunt May. I really think May should have found out that Peter was Spidey. I mean, MJ, Harry, and a train full of people found out, so why not May? The scene with her talking to Peter about how 'there's a hero in all of us' showed that she had an inkling that something was up, but I think the film would have been better if she found out (and then told Peter she knew all along, like in the comics). I guess they want to save that for Spidey 3.

I think they'll save that for her eventual death.

Anyways, just got back from the movie and liked it so much the first time, I went back in and watched it again. So freaking great! Doc Ock was just perfection, and so was Harry. I wasn't huge on some of the Aunt May stuff, but other than that loved everything. The train fight was my favorite part, but all the fights were great.