TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

Anchorman- The Legend of Ron Burgundy

I loved it, too. I told my best friend we ought to go see in this week and he asked if it was funnier than Old School. Without a pause, I told him it definitely was and I loved Old School. There's really not a scene in the movie where I, or the rest of the theater, didn't laugh, unless it was one of the few "serious" scenes. Steve Carrell stole the show, being one of the few characters in recent movie history who got laughs for anything he said or did, for that matter. Not much more I can say than it totally passed my expectations, especially the scene with the Jack Black cameo and the fallout (Ferrell in the phone booth). I almost had to leave the theater because I couldn't stop laughing after that scene was over.

Great movie. Haven't laughed like this in awhile. The whole theatre was constantly laughing. And, just like Old School, this movie seems like it'll get even better upon multiple viewings. Good stuff and great to see the whole frat pack making cameos.

Local Critic gave it 2 stars. Said no real plot, and the funny parts are excellent, but it drags during too much of the movie, and Ron Burgandy would of made for a better SNL character.

Guest DonWestMark03

I thought the movie was awesome. Cameos and the unpredictability made the movie. *****

I enjoyed the movie, and so did the rest of the theater, it was nonstop comedy. One of the better movies of the summer. Too bad it didn't beat Spiderman in the box office gross.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
No.

Unless you think throwing a typewritter at someone elses head is romantic. Then yes, yes it is a Romanic Comedy.

Actually, I've heard people call Misery a black romantic comedy, so I don't see why this wouldn't classify.

*BUMP*

I picked up the 2 disc set with the "bonus" movie, it plays better as a collection of parallel subplots then any kind of real film, not as funny as the feature but there's a great scene involving Amy Poehler.

I'm shocked they filmed this much stuff, I think they cast and crew just went to town and didn't know when to stop, but now we've got just about everything they did.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought a lot of the uncut material was terrible. The cat poop scene was awful, not just because of content, but because there's actually an audience who finds this hilarious.

Other than that, it's great to finally have the set. I went through some crap to get it (Wal-Mart only had the inferior discs in stock when we went at midnight the night it was released; I had to wait in a nine mile line at Best Buy the next day when I did find it), but it was worth it.

Yeah, I got the Uncut DVD too. I was at Best Buy and the line was pretty long. I thought about getting the two pack but it looked like a bunch of featurettes. Great investment in my opinion.

I didn't get to watch the movie in theaters, so like I always do, I always wait for the DVD. My sister told me the movie was funny as hell, and that I would love it.

She bought it on DVD, and I finally watched it. MY GOD, Will Ferrell is awesome. The entire movie rocked. Worth the buy.

All I gotta say...

THE HUMAN TORCH WAS DENIED A BANK LOAN....

WTF?????

This movie will now join Blazing Saddles and Caddyshack to form a trifecta of perfect COMEDIES...they need not make sense, just bring the funny.

I shit a squirrel...

Guest ShootingStylesPress

All those non-sensical sentences at the beginning were him warming up his mouth, if you were wondering why he said that. Snoopy was stabbed by a spear. The arsonist had oddly shaped feet.

From watching it again, I've got a question about this movie. When all the news teams faught in the alleyway, who was the leader of the public news team? There were five teams, one led by Ferrel, one by Vince Vaugn, one by Wilson and one by Stiller. But who was that other guy?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

This was was just as disappointing as Elf. Farrell has several funny lines, but the rest falls flat. No one else is remotely funny. The premise was great, but it just didn't execute outside of a few jokes. I enjoyed Dodgeball and Starsky & Hutch more.

From watching it again, I've got a question about this movie. When all the news teams faught in the alleyway, who was the leader of the public news team? There were five teams, one led by Ferrel, one by Vince Vaugn, one by Wilson and one by Stiller. But who was that other guy?

Andy Dufrense

This was was just as disappointing as Elf. Farrell has several funny lines, but the rest falls flat. No one else is remotely funny. The premise was great, but it just didn't execute outside of a few jokes. I enjoyed Dodgeball and Starsky & Hutch more.

I disagree, I thought this movie delivered virtually the entire time. I do agree that Elf fell flat though, very flat and too light.

("Thank you, for making us the #1 comedy... oh we haven't opened?")

:lol: That was the best one.

I enjoyed Dodgeball and Starsky & Hutch more.

I respected your opinion until this sentence. Of all the Frat Pack (Ferrell, Vaughn, Stiller, The Wilsons, etc.) movies, those two are the worst...barely laughed once.

I don't count Elf as it's a kids flick although I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed Dodgeball and Starsky & Hutch more.

I respected your opinion until this sentence. Of all the Frat Pack (Ferrell, Vaughn, Stiller, The Wilsons, etc.) movies, those two are the worst...barely laughed once.

I don't count Elf as it's a kids flick although I enjoyed it.

Yea, well, you're an idiot.

Guest Big_Jay101

The movie really did not do it for me, it seemed to be boring and drag in most spots, Old School, Starsky and Hutch,Dodgeball, and Elf were all funnier in my opinon.

That was Tim Robbins who was the public news leader. Surprised no one said it.

On a 2nd viewing there were some plot problems or general issues I had with it. Mainly is that the audience is sorta supposed to side with Christinia Applegate being oppressed for being the lone female reporter, yet she reveals herself to be such a bitch (those who have seen it no how) that it's impossible to really side with her. I'm just saying if I'm Will Ferrell I'd have a VERY hard time forgiving that shit.