TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dynamite Kido

Most embarassing wrestling T-shirt

a year and a half ago when i attended an fwa event i purchased a burchill size does matter shirt and it wasnt until i bought it i realized that on the back was the following words: you are entering this ring at your own risk mr.burchill and mr.ayass exept no responsibility for any broken bones. then it had something that closley resembled a scout badge and the signutares of paul burchill and dean ayass.

The Jerry Lynn ECW shirt with a picture of him on the front, a burning upside down cross on the back, and something that I can't remember. I still have his "New F'n Show" shirt too.

I had the Tajiri ECW shirt, but wouldn't wear it without something over it, as the back was written entirely in Japanese.

I had a Kane shirt from 1998ish. It had a burning "symbol" on the front w/ his name also in burning letters . . . not bad.

BUT the back said, "Kiss my ash" Yikes! I still wore it to school a few times but tried to keep my back to the wall at all times.

I think I gave it to Easter Seals along w/ my HHH (Actual arena shirt w/ NOTHING on the back, just 3 blue Hs on the front) and one of The Rock shirts (which a friend bought for me when I was too sick to go to Raw, wore it once to be polite but I felt like an uber mark in it).

Still have nWo, Cactus Jack, Raven (WCW), and Jericho (Highlight of the Night) which I wear to this day. Still regret not buying a WCW Monday Night Jericho shirt through mail order.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

A couple of years ago on a non-uni day, a friend of mine wore one of those Hardys shirts that had FEAR IS ONLY A FOUR-LETTER WORD in huge letters on the back. He was made to take it off and never got it back.

I remember I begged my mother to take me to this T-shirt shop when I was about 9 and I got a Shawn Michaels T-shirt made. A picture of him ironed onto the front of a bright blue T-shirt with #1 fan ironed on the back. Me being 9 years old is an excuse, isn't it?

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
That sounds like something a 13 year old girl would wear to their first concert. Or I would wear to any concert. Sorry to part but I've got tickets to Dreamstreet....

What does?

That sounds like something a 13 year old girl would wear to their first concert. Or I would wear to any concert. Sorry to part but I've got tickets to Dreamstreet....

I've got two tickets to Paradise. Pack your bags, we'll leave tonight.

[

What does?

The Shawn Michaels shirt you were talking about. If you had put a heart around the picture of HBK then it would be exactly like something a 13 year old girl would wear to her first concert.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
[

What does?

The Shawn Michaels shirt you were talking about. If you had put a heart around the picture of HBK then it would be exactly like something a 13 year old girl would wear to her first concert.

:lol: there was no heart. There was no room what with the picture covering the entire front of it. LOL and I was 9, I'm allowed to be a sad infatuated little girl. And a *gasp* mark.

But yeah, I was so cool when I was 9 :headbang: I'm sure I've probably still got that shirt somewhere.

Turquoise blue colored shirt of The Rockers, from '91.

I had that one, too.

I think the only decent wrestling shirt I ever owned was a circa '93 Bret Hart shirt, and even it wasen't that great.

By far not the worst T-shirt ever, but I hate wearing my Christopher Daniels shirt to school. Especially when people ask

A) Who's Christopher Daniels?

and...

B) Are you a Satin Worshiper?

I love Satin. It's nice and smooth.

A couple of years ago on a non-uni day, a friend of mine wore one of those Hardys shirts that had FEAR IS ONLY A FOUR-LETTER WORD in huge letters on the back. He was made to take it off and never got it back.

Am I the only one who doesn't get this?

I was gonna ask about that earlier. I can't see why they'd take it. The shirt seems kinda inspiring...gets me right here. *pounds chest*

Guest Bad Brad Jacobs

i had a genuine 1989 hulk hogan tank top. it had the holes in the back and everything. wore it to school every 4th day almost. luckily people have short memories of that sort of thing.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

For Christmas when i was like 13, my mom got me an Austin 3:16 with the words in front of a coiled rattlesnake, & one that was Austin walking with "Stone Cold" on the sides. I myself spent $20 on a poorly made DX shirt with all the members on the front a few months later. I was trying to "turn heel" at the time (I was/am a peculiar person). None are worn primarily because i've outgrown them & they all kinda suck.

The one i still wear proudly is the Mick Foley "Dickens, Meliville, Foley" shirt. I tend to wear a button shirt in layered thing, so people always ask "Who's Foley?" To which i either say Mick or Axl.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

I was gonna ask about that earlier. I can't see why they'd take it. The shirt seems kinda inspiring...gets me right here. *pounds chest*

I go to private school. Basically it was like "oh my goodness, we can't have one of our students wear something like that it could ruin our reputation!" We never really understood it either.

i have a bunch of knock off wwf/wcw tees from the 98-2001 era. i wore most of them during my high school days, at one time I wore pretty much a wrestling shirt each day cuz they were all the new shirts i had (this was during the boom of 98 so kmart and the like had loads of cheap ones) the worst may be a kurt angle one that has a pic of him on the front superimposed over the original sd set and it says kurt angle a true american hero. the bad part is angle looks super gay in this pic but I badly wanted an angle shirt (i even wore it to a sd taping in aug 01-the one where rhyno gored jericho thru the old set)

i even have a wcw nitro grill shirt , from 99 when wcw had its own restaurant in las vegas (outdating wwfny) . The only offical shirt i have is an unforgiven 02 shirt since i went to it

In the old days, some of my mark friends were confused (i was prob one of the few wrestling net geeks at my school despite the fact i was in 11th grade and these kids were like 16) that i would wear both heel and face wrestlers shirts

I even bought a cheap rock shirt in nov 98 and wore it for the first time to school the day after he won his first wwf title and most of my friends thought it was cool (it was a pic of rock with smell what the rock is cooking on it)

Im going to raw on aug 23 in anaheim, maybe ill check out the shirts on sale

Guest AdamF

It's sorta funny. I remember going to a club back around 1998 and the place was full of people wearing wrestling shirts. nWo, Austin, and D-X all over the place. That would NEVER happen now.

I still contend that the best shirts are those that don't particularly look like they are wrestling shirts. See the above shirts for examples. They are wrestling related words or slogans, but could generally be considered borderline cool wherever you go. Another good example is the original Mankind shirt with the happy face.

In my opinion, nothing is more gay than a t-shirt with a photo on the front. Think about it...you're wearing a a half naked man on the front of your shirt. I remember seeing some kid at a mall wearing a Shawn Michaels t-shirt with a picture of him dancing around in his chaps on the front. I felt sorry for him.

The only wrestling shirts that I wear these days are my WrestleMania IV t-shirt, which I always wear to the gym and always get asked about, and a few indy t-shirts (not of wrestlers, but of promotions...most are just a logo).

Somewhere in my closet, I do have an old WWF Hart Attack Tour t-shirt (concert style with dates listed on the back), and a WWF World Tour De Force t-shirt.

When I was a kid, I had the classic Macho Man purple t-shirt with the sunglasses. That thing ruled. I also had a Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake t-shirt which is a fact that could easily be used as blackmail against me. Plus it had a picture of a shirtless Beefcake on it, thereby violating my "shirts with half naked wrestlers on the front are a no-no rule".

Guest Dynamite Kido
When I was a kid, I had the classic Macho Man purple t-shirt with the sunglasses. That thing ruled. I also had a Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake t-shirt which is a fact that could easily be used as blackmail against me. Plus it had a picture of a shirtless Beefcake on it, thereby violating my "shirts with half naked wrestlers on the front are a no-no rule".

Make no mistake about it. Even though it was gay purple......it was the swankest shirt of all time.

i hate the half-naked pics but at the time it was cheaper to buy a shirt from kmart than shopzone (i was a teen with no job )

lol my sis always teased me about it but strangely no one else did, only teased cuz I was constantly wearing nothing but wrestling tees for a long time to school

The only shirt I ever bought, wrestling-wise is the classic Goldberg shirt. With Goldberg in yellow lettering on front and Who's Next on the back. Strangely enough, everybody thought the shirt had something to do with inventer Rube Goldberg. My teacher got really excited that I was wearing a shirt promoting the great inventer but was disapointed on finding it was the professional wrestler, Bill Goldberg.

On second thought, I did own a swank XFL t-shirt that had the logos of all the teams on it. But I lost the damn thing. I bought it a couple of months after XFL went belly up for $3.

I've only owned a few shirts. I had the original Austin 3:16, the original DX, and the Austin shirt with his head being half flesh, half blue skull. I wore the two Austin ones to school every so often in 6th grade. After getting tired of explaining the Austin 3:16 to everyone, I just stopped wearing them. In my yearbook for that year, there's a picture of me wearing the Austin 3:16 shirt next to a few other people... very embarrassing.

The only shirt I ever bought, wrestling-wise is the classic Goldberg shirt. With Goldberg in yellow lettering on front and Who's Next on the back. Strangely enough, everybody thought the shirt had something to do with inventer Rube Goldberg. My teacher got really excited that I was wearing a shirt promoting the great inventer but was disapointed on finding it was the professional wrestler, Bill Goldberg.

On second thought, I did own a swank XFL t-shirt that had the logos of all the teams on it. But I lost the damn thing. I bought it a couple of months after XFL went belly up for $3.

I own an xfl shirt with the logo on the front and the team hemets on the back i got it before the only season began in december 00 for like 15 bucks (what a rip off ha ha) I have a Goldberg shirt with a big pic of him (agh shirtless) on the front with Goldberg and then whos next written on it ( actually was the first wrestling shirt i bought in the boom era before that i had 2 ultimate warrior shirts and a hogan one in the early 90s) I also have a grey Austin 3:16 shirt with blue lettering on it (weird color but I like it and was very cheap to buy)

my shirts

Goldberg

Austin 3:16, Austin blue shirt with pic of head with rattler stone cold on it and a snake, austin skull 3:16 with a 3:16 on back in blood dripping red

Rock pic, Rock brahma bull knock off with shut your mouth on the back, rock collage of pics and rock the house on it

DX 00 with hhh/steph,dogg,gunn,xpac collage pics on it

DX Logo with names written on parts of the big x (hhh,dogg,gunn,chyna,x-pac)

Mankind Talk to the sock with "one word:socko" on the back ( Mick actually wore this one as commisioner in 00!)

Kane:Pic (original costume from 97 and a swank red and black cape on that I dont recall him ever wearing on tv) with Kane:Pure Evil on it (funny i wore it to 12th grade english class and my teachers name was Ms Kane and she liked it-well the name part, my friends and I had a running joke that kane was her son PAUL BEARER LIED lol)

Unforgiven 02 shirt with pics of brock vs taker and rvd vs HHH on front with logo and back lists date place name and "the next big thing has arrived" on back really cool, only wore once to college class and one other time, might wear it to raw next month as I have no other wwe shirts that fit well

Jericho: pic (wearing silver shirt) with raw is jericho written on it

WrestleMania 17 shirt kmart one with wm x7 logo and pics of angle,,lita,chyna and others - I have no idea how this shirt came to be at kmart but there it was (got it in may 01)

Kurt angle-gay looking pic with true american hero writing

Tazz-Original wwf shirt knock off with master of the suplex on back and smaller looking 13 logo on front with survive if I let you writing

DDP pic of him with vest and jeans (pic looks to be from early 98 judging by costume)

nWo red and black logo

wcw shirt with hogan(red and yellow 99) sting, and goldberg on front

wcw nitro grill

xfl logo

and a shirt I had made at the boardwalk in seaside heights, NJ : IWO: Italian World Order (wore it to unforgiven 02 and got many a look)

I think that's about it

oh btw I still have them all hanging in my closet but most of them either dont fit well, or are too sweat-stained (like my austin 3:16) but stilll keep them for memory purpose -man I must be a loser to you guys

I have 2 one is a classic Hulk Hogan yellow t-shirt yes tanktop with a dumbbell and it says Hulk Hogan written on it I think it came with a whole Hulk Hogan like costume thing no clue what happened to the headband or sweatband though. I wear it sometimes when I go to the gym at my high school. The other one is a red Mr. Perfect t-shirt with his face in black and white on it and written like on top of his face it says Mr. Perfect so sick. I am actually trying to get the Hulk Hogan t-shirt he wore in like late 1991-early 1992 with the American Flag that t-shirt kicked ass and I almost also looking for a Rowdy Piper 1992 Rampage Tour t-shirt which also always seemed to kick ass to me.

Thanks.

Mankind Talk to the sock with "one word:socko" on the back ( Mick actually wore this one as commisioner in 00!)

I too marked out when I saw this shirt under Mick's flannel, as I had bought it a few weeks prior. It got few wears (mostly around Halloween when I would throw on the flannel, sweatpants, and sock puppet and Foley myself up.

It was sometimes way too difficult explaining that outfit, but those that got it really loved it. I also would carry around a small CD player and mini speakers in the flannel so I could play his theme song at random intervals. I feel it will be the only time in my life I had a theme song accompany an entrance into a room.

EDIT: The "one word" thing also was always a big mark out thing for me every since Foley was on WWF Superstars one morning as Mankind and looked into the camera and OUT OF NOWHERE at the end of an interview he says "And I've got one word for you.... BUCKET!" and pulls a bucket out from behind him. It was so off-the-wall that I couldn't help but laugh for the next five minutes or so.

Hoo-boy, let's see...

My sister got me one of those "iron-on pictures" shirts one summer. It was Al Snow (w/Head), and the line under him was "I AM THE LEADER OF THIS TEAM!". People would ask me "Who's the leader? You? What team?"

I got a Brood t-shirt the same summer.

(Right here)

I got an LWO shirt about two years ago. It was only five bucks and there was no way I was passing it up. Wore it to school a few times, and one time during our break, this girl in my Philosophy class goes "Are you actually Latino?". I deadpanned a "Yes".

I have a Christian shirt where he's got that hat and big sunglasses on (it's a cartoon-style image, not a photo). On the back, it says something like "You're just a chump stain!" (can't remember off the top of my head).

Don't know if many of the other ones I have would be considered "embarassing"...original Y2J...first Hardy Boyz shirt...Misterio's first WWE shirt...Matt Hardy's V1...another Matt Hardy one I just got..."Wolfpac" Sting (okay, maybe that one)...and of course, my Summerslam '90 tanktop I got for free way back when. Oh, and my 3PW security shirt. I just DON'T look right in yellow.