TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DKnez

Madden

Guest DKnez

Here in Columbus we arent getting it in until 6 but I was wondering if anybody has got it and what your thoughts are on the game.

IGN says it's better than ESPN and the AI has been completely overhauled.

Hmm...pro wasn't hard on ESPN, lets put it on All-Madden here, so we can say its a bad game.

I'll rent it this weekend, and if I can still scortch through the defense like swiss cheese, I'm probably still playing Madden 2002

I don't plan on getting it for a while, but I was in a GameStop about an hour ago and the store was having a Madden party, with streamers hanging, confetti on the floor, NFL balloons, and potato chips. Then there were all the rabid football/Madden fans hanging around waiting for the shipment to arrive.

As big a Madden mark as I am I'm not allowed to get it because that's the only thing the better half knows to get me for Xmas. :(

I told her if I don't get the special edition from Santa then someone's going to get a beating...

I get to wait till September 8th since I only have my PC now.

Darrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Damn, another month? Oh well, I prefer PC anyway. $10 off from the PS2 price and another $15 from EA for B-Day makes it nicer. $25, isn't bad for Madden.

Got mine today from Gamecrazy. IMO its a lot better than Espn 2k5. The franchise mode from what ive seen is incredibly deep. Played two games so far but I havent really noticed the defense being improved. I can shut down the run but my brother killed me with the pass.

As big a Madden mark as I am I'm not allowed to get it because that's the only thing the better half knows to get me for Xmas. :(

I told her if I don't get the special edition from Santa then someone's going to get a beating...

The only problem with the Collector's Edition is that, from what I've been told by the dudes at EB, there's only one pressing of the collector's edition, and after thta, it's just the regular game. Luckly, I got mine already.

Guest Dynamite Kido

They guys at the EB where I got mine, said the same thing B. Brian. They also said that there are exclusive teams and uniforms that are ONLY on the collectors edition as well.

Damn it, I was all set to be content with my copy of NCAA... Now, I'm hearing lots of good stuff about this year's Madden here, plus the collector's edition is only going to be around for a limited time... I might be conned into dropping 60 bucks on this after all.

Darrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Damn, another month? Oh well, I prefer PC anyway. $10 off from the PS2 price and another $15 from EA for B-Day makes it nicer. $25, isn't bad for Madden.

Wait, you get $15 for your b-day? Mine is on September 4th, right before it comes out so it will be a good birthday present.

Darrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wait, you get $15 for your b-day? Mine is on September 4th, right before it comes out so it will be a good birthday present.

Lol, my B-Day is September 4th too. I think if you register your game they'll send you one around your next B-Day. I got one last year too.

So what's up with this game? 2K5 had fanboys and casual gamers alike giving feedback and accounts of the good and bad of the game. I've seen very little on this compared to 2k5(except for a select few). It's been a few days now. I'm tight on cash, and want to know if its worth it. I'm looking for a few varied views of the game, not the same 1-2 guys saying "This game rools, 2k5 suks". Anyone out there with an opinion who's played both? I've read that moneyplays are still there, this true? For made up rookies in future seasons, does it have a face-mapping feature like 2k5? Is it truly tougher than last years, or compared to 2k5? Any objective info would be nice.

I have ESPN2K5 and even though Madden is no doubt, great, I am still skeptical on owning two NFL games at once, considering I barely have time as it, and the $20 was too good to pass up.

So for someone who has both and who has played both and is unbiased or can be unbiased to compare the similar and different aspects....

So what's up with this game? 2K5 had fanboys and casual gamers alike giving feedback and accounts of the good and bad of the game. I've seen very little on this compared to 2k5(except for a select few). It's been a few days now. I'm tight on cash, and want to know if its worth it. I'm looking for a few varied views of the game, not the same 1-2 guys saying "This game rools, 2k5 suks". Anyone out there with an opinion who's played both? I've read that moneyplays are still there, this true? For made up rookies in future seasons, does it have a face-mapping feature like 2k5? Is it truly tougher than last years, or compared to 2k5? Any objective info would be nice.

That's just it..you're not gonna hear as much about Madden like when ESPN came out..because a lot of those people got ESPN and are satisfied. :P And most...although I know a lot will, but still most aren't gonna pay 70$ for two almost alike games...when they already payed a well spent 20$ for one of them..

If you want fancy bells and whistles, but a game not frustrating, and a quicker pace to the game. Madden

If you want a game with a challenge, and a real flow towards an actual game (which can be frustrating). ESPN