TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Eugene needs to go away, or turn heel saying he was never retarded. Thats the only thing that can save him.

John Cena has to watch some wrestling tapes on his free time. The fuckin guy cannot wrestle a lick.

I was hoping Crissy would have gotten her teeth knocked out with a corked dodgeball but that didnt happen. Damn, that girl is so corny its horrible.

Edge needs to trun heel ASAP

Undertaker needs to choose whether he wants to be dead zombie Taker or UFC Biker Tiker, not both.

To me, all the hate for the crowd stems from the one thing that seems to not be touched on by people trying to DEFEND the crowd:

They did a fucking wave (a loud one at that) during the title match. They DID A WAVE! That's a shitty, shitty thing to do during a main event, world title match at the second biggest show of the year.

Because they didn't care about the match or the participants in the match so they decided to try and have fun themselves.

It's not nice but obviously WWE didn't do something right.

I did think they could've been better during the two big Evolution matches though. I do fault them for that

Guest Staravenger
Takers Top Triangle was fucking awesome. That match was fucking balls out. This was the best WWE show _by far_ this year.

For wrestling, I have no real complaints. None of the matches went below * (which is a good thing), the two main events that had promise (Benoit/Orton, Eddie/Angle) delivered the goods, and UT/JBL was the match I thought would suck most, but it was actually quite fun.

They did a fucking wave (a loud one at that) during the title match. They DID A WAVE! That's a shitty, shitty thing to do during a main event, world title match at the second biggest show of the year.

Maybe Taker should have studied how to put on a triangle choke properly before the match. No, I have a better idea. Maybe he and JBL should have practiced putting on an ENTERTAINING MATCH instead. It's hard to get into a FAKE wrestling match when the two wrestlers are rolling around on the mat together putting on unproperly applied submission holds to each other.

Guest wildpegasus

Not a bad PPV. Notice how Benoit didn't kick out of the RKO on Orton's big day. Total class.

I LOOOOOOOVED the Wave.

But then again I love the crowd shitting on matches. I love when the WWE gets shit backfired on them. The same thing happened at WM and I was freaking out over it. It shows -it's proof- that the fans can't be played. That they can make up their own minds. I hate it when the WWE tries to force-feed us shit and use formulas and predictable booking to manipulate the crowd. It's so unnatural. The WWE deserves crowds that need to entertain themselves.

Maybe Taker should have studied how to put on a triangle choke properly before the match. No, I have a better idea. Maybe he and JBL should have practiced putting on an ENTERTAINING MATCH instead. It's hard to get into a FAKE wrestling match when the two wrestlers are rolling around on the mat together putting on unproperly applied submission holds to each other.

I think you're nit picking a little bit here. These fans aren't here to see UFC or Pride, and I doubt many of them were saying "Look at the shitty way he put on that Triangle Choke.....fuck this guys, let's do the fuckin wave. Here , hold my beer"

Awful PPV in a shitty wrestling town with shitty fans who ruined good matches and made them awful.

End of story.

Waaaaa Waaaaaa Waaaa

Well cry me a river... Jackass

Awful PPV

Not really. The main event delivered and nothing really sucked. Just poor booking.

in a shitty wrestling town

Considering Toronto's always been one of WWE's top drawing towns and has had three huge shows (Big Event, WM VI and X-8) they hardly count as a shitty wrestling town.

with shitty fans who ruined good matches and made them awful.

That's your problem. Not their problem.

Guest Dazed

And what does that tell you? They aren't buying WWE's bullshit.

To me, all the hate for the crowd stems from the one thing that seems to not be touched on by people trying to DEFEND the crowd:

Because they didn't care about the match or the participants in the match so they decided to try and have fun themselves.

It's not nice but obviously WWE didn't do something right.

I did think they could've been better during the two big Evolution matches though. I do fault them for that

I do agree that the build up for Orton/Benoit could've been a hell of a lot better, but it's, in essence, supposed to be the draw of the show.

All wrestling fans understand the concept of the World Title match, and yet people shat (yes, shat) all over it. I guess the ratings in the next few months will prove whether or not Toronto tonight was just predicting the future, or a bunch of unappreciative goofballs (yes, goofballs).

So when is he ready? I just don't understand that argument. He wrestled a damned good match, he's good on the mic, he's been really hot recently, and he ellicits a good crowd reaction. I don't see anything wrong with giving him the ball for a little while and letting him run with it. You might be surprised what it'll turn into. Lesnar damned sure wasn't ready for his title run, but he became a damned entertaining champ not too long after giving him the title.

That's the problem with pushing these new guys so early though. They'll get burnt out sooner.

That's a good point, but I think Orton may be a lot more stable and long-term than anyone is giving him credit for. No one can accuse him of not working hard, it seems like he really gives it his all in every match, especially over the last few months. He may very well become burned-out in time, but I just don't see that happening. I think, given time, Orton will be a solid choice for a main eventer.

I guess I'm just kinda perplexed because it seems like almost everyone A) complains when an older, very-well-established star wins the title, thus saying that WWE needs to push it's younger talent and give them an opportunity to shine, then B) a young talent with obvious potential wins the title, but according to many he's "just not ready" and is being pushed too soon.

So what do you want? Should there be a minimum of 3-5 years under someone's belt before they're handed the strap? Should talent and obvious potential not count for anything? Many of our past champs have been given the title when it wasn't completely obvious how the future would turn out for them.

In a nutshell, I just don't think you can outright shit all over Orton's title reign before it's even had a chance to play out . . . .

I think you're nit picking a little bit here. These fans aren't here to see UFC or Pride, and I doubt many of them were saying "Look at the shitty way he put on that Triangle Choke.....fuck this guys, let's do the fuckin wave. Here , hold my beer"

I know that. Most people don't know what a triangle choke is. But seeing two wrestlers in a match with a predetermined outcome rolling around putting on shitty looking submissions to each other is going to bore the fuck out of anyone.

If I want to see that shit, I'll watch my Pride DVDs, where the match can end at ANY time.

They shat all over it because they probably don't buy the midcarder who is the champion and probably didnt' care for the challenger either.

Should the fans go: Ohhh- this is for the WWE Title. I can't wait! if they don't care for the two combatants?

I just hope Benoit's burial isn't immediate.

Let him and Orton trade the title back and forth a few times before the inevitable Triple H feud. Wrestlemania is 7 months away, for fuck's sake.

Taker worked the triangle perfectly! He was reaching for his foot and putting it under his knee! Something most wrestlers tend to forget when duplicating it. I loved that lil touch. I marked out for it BIG TIME.

I marked for that too. When he reached for the leg I was impressed. A little detail but a nice little touch. Reminded me of Renato Verrisimo vs. Matt Hughes for whatever reason.

Guest GreatOne

Well, as The Rock would say,

'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, he said Toronto, EEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE, I'm from Toronto!'

I don't know how anybody can complain about the heels going over when you wouldn't know they were if you went by the crowd.

uncaring, undeserving, and bad for business.

1) They cared in a different way. They told Vince McMahon that they're not feeling the product.

2) What?

3) You do realise Air Canada Centre was sold out right? So how are they bad for business if they SELL OUT THE ARENA

Guest Bitterness the Star
I just hope Benoit's burial isn't immediate.

Don't worry - they'll keep him in the title picture for a while when all of a sudden... hey, a year's gone by already.

BHK:

Orton over Benoit

Bradshaw over Taker - DQ

Triple H over Eugene

Angle over Guerrero

Cena over Booker - first fall

Edge over Jericho and Batista

Kane over Matt Hardy

The Dudleyz over Misterio, London & Kidman

I'm at least hoping that you don't care about dodgeball.

Taker worked the triangle perfectly! He was reaching for his foot and putting it under his knee! Something most wrestlers tend to forget when duplicating it. I loved that lil touch. I marked out for it BIG TIME.

Yes. I'd love to see him apply it to Nog or even a washed up Royce fucking Gracie for that matter. Taker would get his ass handed to him in about .8 seconds.

I can't believe people are upset about the crowd reactions, it is what made the show. Now the 'Bizarro World' was overdoing it. I was also upset with the HHH/Eugene match because he said he was going to end his career, but not even a sledgehammer was brought out. And then after beating down Regal for two weeks, Triple H runs right out of the ring, like he was afraid of him. The only explanation I have is, Teddy Long threatened Bischoff with signing Eugene to Smackdown.

Guest Just Looking

Pretty good show, but the crowd killed it for me. Generally, Torontonians are a good crowd, but they sucked tonight. Doing the opposite just for the sake of doing it is lame. That's exactly what they were doing, and they can try to defend it if they want, but it was ridiculous.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

Hopefully, Benoit and Orton will still have a rematch on PPV and Benoit will stay in the mix somehow. I don't want Benoit falling back down to IC title level.