TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheBostonStrangler

SWF STORM CARD (8/20/04)

SWF STORM for FRIDAY, AUGUST 20TH, 2004!

LIVE!!! from the ALAMO DOME in SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS!

DUE DATE: Friday at 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM PST/God knows what:00 Australia Time

SEND TO: Thoth

MAIN EVENT

SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Toxxic© vs. Johnny Dangerous

The odds of this day arriving were microscopic. But this day is upon us: Everyone’s favorite spy, Johnny Dangerous, will be fighting in the main event for the SWF World Heavyweight Title. However, Dangerous is going to have his work cut out for him. He may have the populist appeal of William Jennings Bryan, but his opponent, Toxxic, cares nothing about what the people think. And after dispatching of Tom Flesher and Janus at SWF Ground Zero, and his ensuing victory over Dace Night, Toxxic has earned the right to be arrogant. However, if he wishes to hold his belt until Genesis V (or even until Lockdown), he must prepare to do what the KGB couldn’t do: Stop the American spy.

RULES: Straight singles match. Disqualification and countout are in effect. The title will not change hands on a DQ or countout.

WORD COUNT: 6250

SWF CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Tom Flesher© vs. Candace

Even after her defeat at the hands of Jamie Drazon on Smarkdown, Candace is still riding high in the SWF. Her incredible talent has been showcased mightily, and many have taken notice…including, as it seems, the current SWF Cruiserweight champion. Tom Flesher, having been impressed with the success that Candace has met with so early in her SWF career, has decided that it’s time for the rookie to be taught a lesson about the glass ceiling here in the SWF. Will Candace strike a blow for both rookies AND women, or will Tom Flesher, after failing to stop Toxxic’s run to the World Title at Ground Zero, draw a line in the sand here tonight?

RULES: Singles match. Disqualification and countout are in effect. The title will not change hands on a DQ or countout.

WORD COUNT: 5100

SEND TO: Kibagami

SINGLES MATCH

Dace Night vs. Sean Davis

No rest for the weary here in the SWF! (Excuse me for a moment as I celebrate the 1,000th time that phrase has been used on our cards). Sean Davis has been through a string of difficult matches lately, and has responded impressively, including a win over Tom Flesher (albeit one aided by Spike Jenkins). However, Commissioner Zenon has seen something in the young man, and has given him another chance to impress him. However, to continue his upward momentum, he must defeat Dace Night, who is surely looking to avenge losses to Toxxic and Johnny Dangerous over the past shows. Will this be the end of Davis’ rise to the top? If Dace has something to say about it, yes.

RULES: Singles match. Disqualification and countout are in effect.

WORD COUNT: 4750

SEND TO: realitycheck

SWF USJL #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

David Cross vs. Austin Sly

With a new champion in Vladimir Everheart (a man who I defeated in Mall Brawl V, by the way), the road has been paved for new challengers to the belt. Ryan Dustin and David Cross fought on Smarkdown, with Dustin BARELY pulling out a win (in a match where many thought that Cross had the better showing). Cross will both be rewarded for his efforts with a shot at the USJL #1 Contendership, along with Austin Sly. Will the man guided by SWF legend NTD (who is also well-rested after having Smarkdown off) be the next challenger for the USJL belt? Cross, and Sly will do battle for the chance to etch their name onto championship gold, and one wonders what Ryan Dustin thinks of this match…

RULES: Singles match. Disqualification and countout are in effect. The title will not change hands on a DQ or countout..

WORD COUNT: 4625

“ROOKIE” SINGLES MATCH

Justin Bowers vs. Brian Levy

Now this is what the SWF is all about: Two young men, new to the industry, trying to make their marks and slowly but surely climb the ladder to greatness. Bowers, fresh off his first match (a main event, no less), will tangle with newcomer Bryan Levy, who has already created controversy with his “alternative” lifestyle and profound writing. However, these two “rookies” will really have a chance to show us something here tonight.

RULES: Singles match. Disqualification and countout are in effect.

WORD COUNT: 4250

SEND TO: Chuck Woolery

SWF ICTV #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

Jamie Drazon vs. Andrea Montgomery vs. Manson vs. “The Icon” Max King

Now here’s an interesting match. We have Andrea Montgomery, who has spent most of her time in the tag ranks as of late. We also have Max King, who has been emerged in a bit of a rivalry with Manson, also a competitor in this match, who lost his USJL Title to Vladimir Everheart on Smarkdown. And the fourth and final competitor is the most enigmatic man on the SWF roster. Jamie Drazon is a man who main-evented Genesis III, and has the raw talent most wrestlers only dream of. With a win over Candace on Smackdown, Drazon is showing a return to his former greatness. Will he get his shot at Landon Maddix? Will Andrea handle her return to singles competition gracefully? Will Manson rebound, or will Max King make sure that’s out of the question? All this and more on 60 Minutes!

RULES: First pinfall/submission will win the match. All four competitors will be in the ring at once, and there will be NO tagging in and out. DQ is in effect, but countout is NOT in effect. Pinfalls must take place inside the ring.

WORD COUNT: 5900

SEND TO: chirs3

SINGLES MATCH

John Duran vs. The Birdman

The Birdman, one of the most popular newcomers to the SWF in some time, has captured the hearts of the SWF faithful. But with tag partner Andrea Montgomery tied up elsewhere on Storm, the Birdman will get to stretch his wings in some singles competition of his own. John Duran, still shaking off the ring rust from his return, would like nothing more than to be the next man on Toxxic’s list for World Title competitors. A victory over the Birdman might be the ticket to a main-event match at Genesis V. Will Duran capitalize, or will Birdman prove that he’s a bird for all seasons (and matches)?

RULES: Straight singles match. Disqualification and countout are in effect.

WORD COUNT: 4450

SEND TO: TheBostonStrangler

NON-TITLE HARDCORE MATCH

Landon Maddix© vs. Todd Cortez©

Now THIS is a way to kick off Storm, people! Todd Cortez, who makes up one-half of the tag team champions (Hollywood Boulevard, for those scoring at home), will be in singles action tonight as he takes on the current ICTV Champion, Landon Maddix. Both of these men have been among the hottest commodities in the SWF recently, and a win for either man would be an excellent way to kick off their Storm. Will bigger things be in the works for the winner? Probably not, but you know that Landon Maddix has to be worried about defending his ICTV belt after this match…

RULES: This is a hardcore match. Pinfalls can take place anywhere in the arena, and there is no disqualification or countout. First pinfall/submission will win the match.

WORD COUNT: 5250

SEND TO: chirs3

Edited by realitycheck

IGNJL EASTERN UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

Petey The Irish Penguin vs. Munich©

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SWEET

IGNJL EASTERN UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

Petey The Irish Penguin vs. Munich©

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SWEET

Yes...awesome...

I see you have also noticed the "c" next to my name. I agree that is awesome in a funny way...me with a title..haha.......

So yeah, now that I have Thoth cracking jokes at me....I have reached the obcenely deep ocean trench of my time in the SWF. The way I left on a vicious spray was Mount McKinley compared to this.

The show happens to be two days after the one year anniversary of my father's death. I'll write if I want to.

So, to be blunt...everyone can fuck off, because I'm in no mood to be made fun of for coming up with some shitty storyline idea that I got from the fucking community board. People say they would like to see me defend the fucking belt, so I go "ok", and I decide to bring it back. Then I'm shat upon.

Figures...

If Munich doesn't want to or won't be able to write- then I don't mind tossing the match away. I was just looking for a match to just show for now that I'm back on the boards in about a week or so. But it's all up to you guys (Being Creative Control and Munich).

Munich... chill out man. Personally, I think the idea of you bringing back the IGNJL EUS Title to defend is pretty cool. But at the same time funny becuase you know that, in kayfabe, the Commissioner is just going to have his panties in a twist over you just "introducing" a title, particuarly one that still carries the "IGNJL" moniker.

It is creative thinking like that that will put a guy over and let him "make his push".

Guest Suicide King

Hey, Munich. You and I cannot be said to have ever gotten along really well, but booking you for this show was something Strangler and I thought would be nice to forward your angle. You didn't let us know you didn't want to be booked. We thought we were helping, and now there's this hostility. Granted you have a good reason to be unhappy, but not at us. C'mon man. We were trying to help your angle and yourself.

Yeah, dude, if you don't want the match, then it's gone. Both King and MVS told me that based on a promo of yours, you wanted to start defending the belt. Therefore, I booked the match. If we got it wrong, just say the word and it's gone.

And I'm extremely sorry to hear about the anniversary. Best wishes to you and the rest of your family.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to start. But Munich, sorry to hear about the anniversary and also disappearing while on AIM last night. Like I said before- if you don't want the match then it's totally fine if you want to throw the match out. Whatever works for you guys, man.

Since no-one else got to it first - i call opening promo. Again.

Yeah, just call me Triple H.

I apologize for my hostility last night. I'm dealing with a lot of shit right now, but I should not take it out on everyone here.

However, could the match please be postponed?

Please note I've switched up the markers on Davis/Dace and Levy/Bowers because I've found out TNT can't do it for this show. Mike's appearance is a one-time thing because we're stretched pretty thin for this show and I'm supposed be on hiatus.

-Z

Got my exams results back and I failed 2 out of the 3 courses I was doing. So forgive me if my match becomes a bit too cheery. ;)

Then again, beach volleyball is on...

*ceases giving a shit*

Maddix you have my sympathies.

Now pass the remote.

Dont worry man. I failed to get into any of the Unis I picked because I didnt meet any of the grade needs. I've just scraped in through clearing. So stressful and worrying.

I'm a wreck.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

And to think Dace... if you don't get into college... you'll die broke and a bum!!

JD *Killing the stress... one day at a time*

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Burn

No really, that was a good burn.

Yes... it was hilarious.

I honestly can't stop laughing.

You'll have to humor me again sometime, Spike.

You daman