TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Season 3 infos from Spoilerfix:

(some are a little dated)

General Season 3 spoilers:

* new 05/26 - I just received some exclusive intel on the new characters joining Lost. In addition to the two female roles, the show is also adding a new hunk. Descriptions are: Female, 30s, with leadership qualities. Female, early 20s, very attractive. Male, Latino, early 20s, handsome, mysterious quality. My guess? These are some of the "background" survivors that Carlton Cuse told me would emerge next season. Source: The Ausiello Report

* new 05/26 - Next season will be about the Others, as led by the oblique Henry Gale (played by Michael Emerson, who will join the regular cast). Mr. Cuse listed what viewers will learn about the Others by this time next year: "Who are these people? How many of them are there? What is their history? What are they trying to accomplish?" Source: New York Times

* new 05/25 - Producers of ABC's hit series Lost [...] told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance—and on the mysterious Others. "The Others are an important part of season three, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three," said executive producer Carlton Cuse in an interview. "And those are the things we're going to explore." Cuse added: "There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year. ... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year." Fans were also introduced to a new character who promises to figure in next season's storylines: Penelope Widmore, played by Sonya Walger. [...] "I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love is there, and... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three." Source: Sci Fi Wire

* 05/24 - Carlton Cuse reveals: I will say that the next season is a lot about the Others. There's a lot of mysteries about the Others that we'll be getting into next year. [We will see more of Alex next season.] Source: E! Online

* 05/24 - According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC's Lost is on the hunt for two new actresses to join the cast for Season 3, now that the show's distaff ranks have been quickly depleted by the twin killings of Michelle Rodriguez's Ana Lucia and Cynthia Watros' Libby. Source: TV Guide Online

* 05/24 - [Chances to see Ana-Lucia in flashbacks are] slim to none, according to Carlton [Cuse]. "Never say never, but we feel like we told her story," he reveals. "Her arc had a beginning, middle and an end." "You will [eventually] find out what happened to Cindy," [says Cuse.] Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

* 05/22 - Harold Perrineau is not a regular for next season. He could be back as a guest star (à la Walt this season) but not as a regular cast member. Source: Kristin on E!Online

* 05/17 - Michael Emerson (Henry Gale) [...] is returning next season as a series regular. Source: The Ausiello Report

* 05/16 - [in Season 3,] there will be new locations and new characters (one rumor has Desmond joining the cast full-time, but producers won't comment). The season's big theme sounds timely, twisty, and terrifying. Hints Lindelof: "'Us versus Them.' But who's the 'us,' and who's the 'them'?" Source: Entertainment Weekly

* 05/14 - Damon Lindelof [reveals]: Libby's got this mysterious backstory, of which we've only given you the tip of the iceberg. We know she's spent some time in the mental institution with Hurley, and the idea of killing her before she had an opportunity to explain how she got there... we have a master plan for how we're going to tell that story, but it's all posthumous. You'll start to learn Libby's moves through flashbacks over the course of the next season. So we're not done with Cynthia, but Libby is dead. Source: The Ausiello Report

* 05/03 - Lindelof & Cuse: The growth of Malcolm David Kelly (Walt) will be addressed in the 3rd season. You can expect to see more of Rousseau next year, but the story of the wrecked research vessel, it will be coming at some point but we can't guarantee it'll be in Season 3. We'll be introducing new characters in Season 3, so you'll be getting fresh flashbacks. You'll probably see fewer flashbacks of our original characters as we begin to move toward certain inevitabilities. You will learn more about some of the other survivors next year. Also, where the new characters come from in Season 3 is going be part of the fun and anticipation over the summer, and hopefully by the end of the finale you'll be getting some sense of who those characters might be. We are going to produce the next 22 hours of Lost in Season 3. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

I didn't read the spoiler stuff, but I'm wondering what sort of changes there could be. I just hope we don't introduce a bunch of new characters again--I think they're kind of out of random sources for people, unless they want another plane crash, people hidden on the island, etc. Making some of the characters we've already seen more regular (if Desmond survived, I'd love to see more of him) would be cool, but I'm against adding people just for the sake of adding people.

Summary of spoilers given by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse: Next season, we will understand the real ramifications of Desmond activating the failsafe and what that did. The central issue of season three will be what did happen. It sounds like Desmond's coming back. They said they want him back, we want to know why he was in prison, we want to know what happened when he turned that key that affected the entire island. That will become very important. The island was visible but only for an instant. It was also visible for an instant on 9/22/04 when the plane crashed. The foot statue represents the history and archeology of the island. Season three will explore what happened on the island before Dharma arrived in the late 70's and who was there. The smoke monster will definitely be back in Season three. There is a good chance we saw the monster this year and didn't realize we were looking at it. By the end of next year we will realize what it was and when we saw it. Why did the Others take Jack, Kate and Sawyer? Where is their home? That will be the story told over the first six episodes. Season 3 will also be about the main characters and their relationships. They want to service the relationships next year more than the mythology. How Locke got in the wheelchair, how Jack got his tattoos will be revealed in Season three. Source: Lost Podcast

^sounds promising. I like the bit about servicing the character relationships more than the mythology. I actually thought they spent too much time pacing out and doling out information (what was it, 2 or 3 episodes where the climax was characters walking through a new hatch?)

I'm looking forward to Season 3, but I hope they don't make the same mistake they did about Season 2 and focus a little bit too much on the characters rather than the actual story of the island, The Others, etc. The whole thing about focusing on the realtionships just sounds like filler for another season. It will be interesting to see where the story goes from here after that ridlicious finale.

Damon and Cuse always said the show was about the people not the island.

And some of the mythology is within the stories of the people, ie how Locke got in a wheel chair.

One of the things that bugs me when I read the various columns of Lost theories (and this will tie in to my theory about the failsafe) is that many people didn't quite understand the specifics of "the button". They say that a discharge of electromagnetism brought down the plane, but I believe that's wrong. It seems to me that the electromagnetic energy on the island builds up, and each button press discharges an amount of energy that is small enough to be safe but large enough to keep the field from reaching a critically dangerous level. So it wasn't a discharge that caused the plane crash, but the fact that the magnet got too strong and pulled the plane in.

I believe the failsafe causes a complete release of the energy. Because of exposure to that, I think people like Rose and Locke won't need to stay on the island in order to stay healed... in fact, I'm starting to believe even more that Charlie, Eko, Locke, and Desmond will end up endowed with some forms of superpowers (maybe they'll end up with four toes!). Perhaps Charlie's is simply an extreme inner calm, eliminating the need for drugs, and allowing Claire to sense that he is no longer a danger to Aaron, hence the kiss.

Now,

they say that the island was visible but only for a moment

... to me, that means that the failsafe did not eliminate the electromagnetic energy for good. Perhaps in the exploration of what happened on the island before Dharma next season, we will find out how the island dealt with the magnetic field naturally.

Also, about the Portuguese Eskimos: I read a translation of their conversation, and there's something about, "I can't believe we missed it again." I'm willing to bet the same thing happened on the day of the plane crash, and I wonder if they told anyone.

As for the monster being there but we didn't realize it... I'm thinking obviously the bird, because there is a bird in season one when they go to the dark territory to get the dynamite and they encounter the monster. However, something tells me it's more than that but I have no idea what.

They also say that the question of

why the others captured Kate, Jack, and Sawyer will be explored over the first six episodes

. That tells me that they did have a silent plan with Sayid that goes beyond what we saw. Perhaps they meant to be captured, so they could find out where the others really live.

We saw the black smoke monster but didn't realize it? Are we sure Sayid set off the signal in the season finale?

Interesting point. I'm curious to see what Sayid did after he realized that The Others camp was just a ruse. Last we saw of him was on the boat with Sun and Jin.

One of the things that bugs me when I read the various columns of Lost theories (and this will tie in to my theory about the failsafe) is that many people didn't quite understand the specifics of "the button". They say that a discharge of electromagnetism brought down the plane, but I believe that's wrong. It seems to me that the electromagnetic energy on the island builds up, and each button press discharges an amount of energy that is small enough to be safe but large enough to keep the field from reaching a critically dangerous level. So it wasn't a discharge that caused the plane crash, but the fact that the magnet got too strong and pulled the plane in.

Isn't that what they're all saying anyway? Regardless - that's what I was thinking, too.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, that was here earlier in this thread.

I thought it was incredibly lame/stupid/unfunny, but humor is subjective, I suppose.

Lost set to become sexier

By Colin Mahan - TV.com

July 5, 2006 at 03:42:00 PM | more stories by this author

Series cocreators hint at a movie and that season three will feature more sex.

<em>Lost</em> sex will be found.

Lost sex will be found.

Prepare for sex and a Lost movie, in that order.

Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse wants sex, and lots of it. Cuse, speaking with Broadcast, said that when the show returns with new episodes in September, it'll be time for some of the characters to start engaging in sexy business.

"It is organically the time where they can have relationships," he explained. "I am promising sex and hopefully it will be gratuitous."

In addition to the promise of sex, Cuse says three new characters will be added to the show.

Elsewhere, series cocreator Damon Lindelof told World Entertainment News Network that he thinks a movie is the way to keep the show from petering out creatively.

"We'd love to end the show after four years, five years tops, and do a movie," Lindelof said.

Lost wrapped its second season at 14 in the 2005-2006 Nielsen ratings. In season two, Ana Lucia (played by Michelle Rodriguez) seduced Sawyer (played by Josh Holloway) in order to steal his handgun.

Anything more than 3 seasons is pushing it. It'll probably jump the shark before the movie, if that happens.

I think 4 is perfect, with no movie. If they wrap it up in this season, it would seem very rushed.

I don't know the exact direction they are going for Season 3, so I'll say 5 Seasons could probably wrap up their story good. I really would not want to see a movie wrap up the series, what could they do in 2 hours on the big screen for a finale, "the Season 2 finale was the greatest finale ever!"

I think it could make them a boatload of money, but they should just stick to the TV format.

Since there hasn't been much Lost talk lately, I'll try to spur some...

What was your favorite episode?

What was your biggest surprise of Season 2?

I gotta check through the episode guides, I'll be back.

I'm sorry but the idea of doing a LOST movie is horrible. Talk about milking the "franchise" for more money, its starting to become exactly like X-Files. Don't they see how this bs just undermines the specialness of the story? ugh.

While I enjoyed the season finale and I thought Henry Ian Cusiak blew all expectations I had for him ever since being on LOST, I was somewhat dissapointed in all the hype for it. However, there were some good moments such as Desmond revealing the actual date of the crash and how he apparently crashed it, and also the surprise ending with a scene in "the real world" and how they have "found it."

Best episodes of Season 2 (in no order) were either Man of Science, Man of Faith, Lockdown, Maternity Leave, The Long Con.

They REALLY started hurting in the second Season with a bunch of bullshit episodes and they are still feeling the effects from it now. I'm worried about Season 3. I think the majority of the fanbase wants more situations about the Island and I'm not sure investigating the Others for the entire season is really what we want.

Either way, a lot of shit happened in the last episode so I'm certainly going to be patient and assume they knew where they are going with it. Cause typical LOST, a few questions answered, but tons of new ones have come up.

They REALLY started hurting in the second Season with a bunch of bullshit episodes and they are still feeling the effects from it now. I'm worried about Season 3. I think the majority of the fanbase wants more situations about the Island and I'm not sure investigating the Others for the entire season is really what we want.

Apparently we also want lots of relationships and sexy sexy scenes. :rolleyes:

"It's like Desperate Housewives, but on an Island!"

Bingo. For a while I've been trying to put my finger about what I don't like, and as i've been rewtaching S1 with someone, I'm pretty sure what you say above is the problem.

Are The Others REALLY that interesting?? I honestly don't think so. Seriously, unless there's some out there explanation like they're time travellers from the far future or something wacky like that, I don't even care who they are. Season 1 had a lot of island stuff and situations, almost all of it was pretty awesome.

Here's some of my beefs right now with the show. Now keep in mind, I'm a really big fan of slow build. I'm one of those fans that doesn't want to have everything spoiled in one episode. I love the story telling and that's one of the biggest appeals to the show for me. But here's what I'm worried with:

-Desmond apparently caused the crash. Yet how do the Others already know about all of them before the plane crashed? Another thing that bugs me is the fact that we get some answers about Kelvin, but they end up becoming more questions when Kelvin's partner (forgot his name) and the film as well as how Kelvin went from Iraq to the Dhrama group.

-I remember watching Outlaws and thinking how cool it was to see Jack's Dad show up in a scene with Sawyer and thought "How are they going to explain this!" Now, they've done that so much it's not even cool or edgy anymore. It's like "Oh, there's Jack in her scene. Whatever."

-The numbers. What is the deal with that. They have built that up so fucking huge for this show if they don't drop a bombshell people will be dissapointed. Now it seems they are just going to forget about it like they usually do.

-I don't know where they are going with the Dhrama/Others stuff. It's almost getting too "Alias" for me and I never watched that show. I'm more interested in trying to see these guys get off the island. Figuring out what the hell is going on there. Now it seems like they are going to take them to a different island with 50,000,000 more questions we can ask ourselves about what is happening.

-Why don't the characters' ask more questions about what exactly is going on? WHY HASN'T ANYONE ASKED ABOUT THE RADIO TOWER?

-They butchered Locke's character by the end of the season. As well as Eko's. Remember when Locke talked to Jack about how what he saw on the island was "beautiful?" and being all tough? Well all we got this season was Jack/Locke bickering over each other every 5 seconds, until the end when Locke hooked up with Desmond and started going back to Old Locke about faith and destiny and stuff. And Eko's character isn't as edgy anymore either.

I have faith in the show. But remembering what David Fury said about how they have no idea what they are doing between the beginning and end worries me and this season showed that they had a lot of useless filler that will do nothing in the long run. What exactly did Michelle do for the show? What was the point of that?

I think my problem for the show is they aren't doing a very good job of revealing answers. Like, by the time they revealed what Kate did, nobody gave a fucking shit. I think they are going that same route with Locke in the wheel chair. Same with Maternity Leave and while they answered some stuff (and of course threw new questions out), they could of gone a little deeper. They gave us resolution with Michael/Walt. Yet they didn't cover ANYTHING about why the hell Walt was the way he was. They create these awesome scearnios and leaves the audience going WHAT THE FUCK!! and then they seem to forget about it, then go back to it at some random point in the show and reveal it. Or they dont' at all. Pretty bittersweet.

It's coming to the point that they are so hard on creating new questions and not just answering them where the audience becomes frustrated and stop watching. I'm starting to theorize that they are going to just explain the entire show with one answer, which would explain why they haven't revealed the answer to the monster and other stuff like that.

And the reruns didn't help.

Guest Vitamin X

Well, you guys aren't the only ones with beef with the show. Lost got dissed by Emmy voters.

From the Lost Blog-

Lost Gets Dissed by Emmy Voters

Henry Ian Cusick So let me get this straight ... "Lost" wins last year's Outstanding Drama Series Emmy, but this year it doesn't even get nominated in the same category? Isn't there a law against this kind of thing?

Alas, it's true. "Lost" got the cold shoulder from Emmy voters in all the major categories. The only notable "Lostie" was Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), who scored a nod for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series. Now, Des did a lovely job, but what about Michael Emerson (Henry Gale)? He was creepy incarnate and yet, nothing ... not even a pat on the head. Do the Emmy voters even watch the shows?

"Lost" did manage to rack up a few of the less-sexy nominations, most notably Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series, Outstanding Writing For a Drama Series, and Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series.

You can view the full list of nominees at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences site. -- Mac

I think I have to watch Season 2 in its entirety again just to make sure it really was THAT much worse than Season 1.

Sign in to follow this