TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

then the Hatch collapsing and coming down all around them probably did.

They didnt show that the Hatch collapsed, Desmond turned the key, and that was the last shot from the hatch. I have a feeling they are fine, not much else was messed up besides scattered metal objects.

It's not like the hatch door was blown ALL THE WAY TO THE BEACH or anything. I'm sure the force necessary to propel it that far couldn't at all launch a pot or something into a human being and kill them.

Guest wildpegasus

There's no way Locke or Mr. Echo died. I severely doubt that Desmond did either. His story's not finished yet.

I've never watched this show.

Sell me on it in under 550 characters.

P.S. LOTC, your sig rocks. I've watched that flick on Showtime On Demand at least 7 times in the past 3 weeks.

Whoever said there's more to the plane crash than we've seen is spot on. It had to be engineered, given the miraculous health of the survivors, as well as the survival of all the necessary supplies, as well as the absence of hair brushes.

I thought the finale was brilliant, and I feel compelled to read all the related books and keep up with all of the online stuff just so I can make it through these next four months.

As far as Eko, Locke, Desmond, and maybe even Charlie go... I think they not only survived the "explosion" but I'm willing to bet they end up with some type of powers. I'm guessing that the gigantic EMP either screwed up the instruments on Michael's boat or changed the heading that will allow them to get outside the field. And perhaps by the end of next season Penny will get inside the field and to the island, but won't be able to get back out.

On my more feminine side, I loved the kiss between Claire and Charlie, it was so much more real than others (shut up, you know you loved it).

Maybe the guy in the Arctic Station was Jack's bad twin (or maybe Jack is his bad twin). And holy shit on the statue.

Question for SJ: you know of any place where I can read a recap of the pertinent information from the Lost Webmaze?

Guest guerillagenius

then the Hatch collapsing and coming down all around them probably did.

They didnt show that the Hatch collapsed, Desmond turned the key, and that was the last shot from the hatch. I have a feeling they are fine, not much else was messed up besides scattered metal objects.

It's not like the hatch door was blown ALL THE WAY TO THE BEACH or anything. I'm sure the force necessary to propel it that far couldn't at all launch a pot or something into a human being and kill them.

I didn't say it wasn't possible for metal objects to kill someone, but you said the hatch was collapsing around them. It wasn't, it was messed up from the explosion, and then all the metal objects were getting thrown around. And how often does something big (i.e. a death) happen and they don't show you?

I love the answer to the snowman question...smells like carrots.

Did anyone record the finale past the credits? I heard (kind of a "friend of a friend" thing) that after the credits another plane is shown crashing. I don't know if that's true or not. Again, just something I heard.

And yeah, if they knock off Ecko, Locke AND Desmond all at once, I'm going to be real pissed off. With Sawyer, Jack, and Kate captured and Sayid MIA, who's left to lead the Losties? Charlie? Good God no. Hurley? In a sitcom maybe. Bernard? Hell, he doesn't want to leave anymore.

Sayid, Jin, and Sun should be back before urley gets back to camp. Sayid is the leader now, and if Locke, Eko, and Desmond are alive, that is three more competent people for leadership even if they do not have the top spot. And though Jin cannot lead well due to the language barrier, he makes a fine second that I believe will be an animal unleashed once he gets going.

It really is impressive what a group of characters we got from the plane crash and Desmond's wreck. We have all sorts of strong, competent people with experiences that made their transitions into survivors much easier than normal. For instance, Jack shooting the rope that held the net with one shot while swinging gently back and forth. Pretty impressive.

Locke, Eko, Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Kate, Jin, Desmond, and before her death, Ana Lucia....all of these people would be good for a makeshift army to fight the Others. If they can all get back together and have Sayid organize them correctly, I think the Others will be in trouble even with their stealth and weaponry.

No plane crashed after the credits.

Firstly, I'd like to take a bow. Turns out I was right about the whole elctro-magnetic properties of the island. Huzzah.

Secondly, the first explains the 325 compass heading. There's only 1 axis in a magnetic field where one could travel and not have the compass change directions wrongly. I believe that is the compass heading Michael was given. Let's see if he follows it

About the 4-toed statue. For what its worth, Bigfoot has 4 toes. But it looked ancient civ...yet another fun thing.

Nice to see that the Purgatory/Other World/Time Travel theories were all shot down in the last two minutes.

There is no official word on whether Desmond is dead.

Finally, getting captured was Jack's (err Sayid's) plan all along. Did you see the non-verbal communication between Michael, Jack, and Kate.

Kudos goes to Sawyer, who killed an Other.

I highly doubt they planned on getting captured. They could have just as easily been killed.

I thought that was more of a "I'm ready when you are" signal.

Odd thought: Maybe they're on Atlantis.

Like, maybe that's where the foot came from. The island used to be Atlantis, but somehow it got totally fucked-up, lost for thousands of years behind the magnetic sheilding thing, and it was gone until Dharma somehow found it, and decided to use it as a base for some bizarre experiments.

Oh, like that's any crazier then some of the other theories.

That's been theorized before, I believe. I don't know if it's been refuted or not by the producers. I also remember a theory of the island shifting/moving around the world, explaining why it was so hard to find. Interesting, and at the rate the show is going, we'll find out in 4-5 years.

Guest Brian

I think the electromagnetic field might have kept the island off radar. Had they been on the other ocean, the Bermuda Triangle would have been kinda interesting.

The Land of the Simpsons?

I'm skeptical too about them planning on being captured, who knows though.

I assumed that Penny's father challenged Desmond to go on that race around the world knowing he would crash/get sucked into the island's orbit.

"Headlong Hall" by Thomas Love Peacock

"The place is quite a wilderness," said Squire Headlong: "for, during the latter part of my father's life, while I was finishing my education, he troubled himself about nothing but the cellar, and suffered everything else to go to rack and ruin. A mere wilderness, as you see, even now in December; but in summer a complete nursery of briers, a forest of thistles, a plantation of nettles, without any livestock but goats, that have eaten up all the bark of the trees. Here you see is the pedestal of a statue, with only half a leg and four toes remaining: there were many here once. When I was a boy, I used to sit every day on the shoulders of Hercules: what became of him I have never been able to ascertain. Neptune has been Iying these seven years in the dust-hole; Atlas had his head knocked off to fit him for propping a shed; and only the day before yesterday we fished Bacchus out of the horse-pond."

http://www.thomaslovepeacock.net/Headlong.html

Did anyone record the finale past the credits? I heard (kind of a "friend of a friend" thing) that after the credits another plane is shown crashing. I don't know if that's true or not. Again, just something I heard.

Looks like this happened... by mistake.

ABC in Philadelphia accidently aired a couple seconds of Lost: Reckoning after the credits, with the opening sequence of the tail section crashing in the surf. Some fans thought it was a secret ending, where another plane crashed on the island.

From Wikipedia

Umm, so Desmond's lady friend knew to look for an electric magnetic field? That is soo lame. She would have no idea that Desmond is near one of those.

been watching Lost season 1. there's that scene where Sayid is showing Jack that the compass is busted. a small magnetic anomoly would cause a small variation, but this was a big variation, well now we know there was a big magnetic anomoly causing that.

Guest Evolution
I don't think she does know. But I think she may be somehow involved with the electromagnetic experiment, or at least, studies of EMP phenomena.

Again, Hanso was a board member of the Widmore Corporation, so I can see how Penny would know something about what Hanso was doing with electromagnetic research. Maybe she didn't know that he was in one, but knew that would be one way to find him. I find it to be completely plausible.

Umm, so Desmond's lady friend knew to look for an electric magnetic field? That is soo lame. She would have no idea that Desmond is near one of those.

No, actually, it's not lame at all. You're just assuming things because of her relationship with Desmond. You don't know that she's looking for Desmond. The two guys at the end said they found "it" - not "him."

Also - her father was on the board for the Hanso Foundation. It's not much of a stretch that she'd be involved with the Foundation in some capacity either.

Sign in to follow this