TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I liked this episode. The Red Sox clip was cool, almost like you felt Jack's amazement at seeing a sign of the real outside world again since we haven't really seen the world in LOST (except the bizarro penny clip). But I audibly groaned at the reveal that Ben was listening to Sawyer. The Others being on top of everything that's happening, and it all being a plan is just really tiresome. I was really glad Sun shot that bitch, just because I am desperate for the Losties to, FOR ONCE, ACTUALLY WIN GODDAMMIT. They lost the boat here (Sayid's ambush plan was pure ass btw. Two guys wait in the trees for god knows how many Others? rolls eyes). Thats part of the reason I hated the Ben-listening reveal. i thought, FINALLY, something that isn't part of the expirement(s), finally the Losties use their brains and are fighting back, Sawyer does something cool... then bam, more of 'The omnipotent others'.

Man am I glad Sun shot the bitch. Good going you adulterous whore!!!

(they really torpedoed Sun's character didn't they? How incredibly unlikeable they made her, right from the beginning when she lied and got her maid fired. I'm not complaining though.)

I'm curious as to how The Others made it onto the boat without sneaking past Sayid and Jin. The dude who has beef with Sawyer isn't gonna be pleased to find out his lady friend got clapped up.

Oh, and Jin learning english = teh awesome.

that was a nice touch. Actually I noticed starting from the raft launch time throughout the 2nd season, they've had Jin picking up and saying some words here and there. Its realistic he'd start to learn some words and be able to grasp ideas.

I'm wondering what the big reveal will be before the stupid-long break. Probably what Henry wants Jack to do or maybe why The Others can't leave the island.

Boo-erns to them giving away that Hurley runs into Desmond next week on the way back. I was hoping for some more Hurley/Rosseau interaction.

I'm curious as to how The Others made it onto the boat without sneaking past Sayid and Jin.

Cuz they're just so damned sneaky Jin and Sayid didn't see them?

I thought that was the biggest flaw in their plan. How did they plan to SEE the Others, knowing how good they are at not being seen, at night no less?

That was the most fucking awesome ending to any television show ever.

I just fucked creamed my pants at how cool that was. That last scene had JJ Abrahms written all over it.l

He's a Sox fan, correct?

I just started laughing at Jack's incredulous expression. Just perfect.

Well, this was another episode that was good enough to keep hope going at least. Sawyer was a little better this episode, the Jin/Sun flashback was moderately interesting, and the Red Sox ending was fucking cool. It totally smacked of Abrams and if he's back in board, this show might get good again after all. Actually, "Ben" is fast becoming my favorite character on the show. He's got that cool vibe that Locke had that Jack is just missing altogether.

- Way to start a war, Sun. If Al Swearengen or Big Dan Dority were around you'd have a boot on your fucking neck right now, you loopy cunt.

Did you say this because that was Trixie who was shot? Or was it just coincidence?

Loved the opening shot of the show. The spinning ballerina, only to realize it was actually falling.

"You tatse like fish biscuit."

I like how Ben referred to Jack's people are "your fellow Americans" when talking about Bush getting re-elected.

So assuming Hurley makes it back to camp next week, what will the plan be? They don't have anybody around who could even come close to mounting an offense to get Jack and everybody back but I hope the plan isn't "Wait around until Sayid returns". I'd like to see Locke man up and take on the task himself but that's assuming he can take time out from saving Eko.

Methinks the Others are the kids of those Dharma scientists.. Well, most of them anyway. Some of the older ones are probably the actual scientists themselves. Or something. *shrug*

I think they are trying to put together a perfect society. That is why they make the list of people, only certain ones can be there.

Was it just me, or were others expecting us to get an angle that Sun was at the apartment when Jin was there, and she was the one that pushed the other guy out the window?

It was a great episode all the same. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

I took the necklace to mean he wanted to show his love for Sun in his death...I can't see her as enough of a killer to push a man out of a window, even with the moral vagueities they've added to her character.

I actually thought that his clutching of the necklace was supposed to make the viewers think/realize that he'd killed himself. It made me think that he realized that his life was destroyed because of his relationship with Sun, and the necklace was the only physical, tangible item that he could look at & hold while teetering on the edge of suicide ... and then he jumped.

If he just went splat on Jin's car, I'd have thought that he had been pushed/thrown.

or maybe he was holding the necklace in his emotional state because he assumed Jin kicked the crap out of him because he found out about him and Sun. Then someone-maybe Sun, doubt it, but maybe, or more likely someone else sent by Sun's father because he figured Jin wouldn't go through with it then pushed him over.

In the end, it was basically just a way for Jin to see the necklace and discover that Sun was cheating on him, going to te line from Sun to Sayid that Jin knows she betrayed him.

The scene in the sailboat, where the Other is talking to Sun, saying she knows her and that she's not a killer right before Sun shoots her also makes me think that Sun killed the guy. It's also the only reason I can think of why they showed the scene at the beginning with Sun breaking the ballerina sculpture and blaming it on the maid, causing her to be fired.

In the end, it was basically just a way for Jin to see the necklace and discover that Sun was cheating on him,

How would Jin know she was cheating on him by seeing the necklace? Sun didn't accept it from Jae, so Jin wouldn't have seen her wearing it.

Maybe I need to rewatch the episode, but.. why would she kill him?

Too hide the proof that she cheated on Jin. Same way she refused to take blame for the broken statue.

Nah, he killed himself, and I don't think it has been stated exactly what Jin knows of her betrayal. You could take that line several different ways, which is why it was stated that way. Jin probably looks at her plotting with Sayid and leaving him out of the loop as betrayal.

Sign in to follow this