TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I was just about to ask about that. Was Eko written off because of the DUI or whatever he had?

I don't think it was a DUI. I think it was driving w/out a license, which was provided later. I'm pretty sure he had the charges dropped.

Anyway, Juliette is so the leader of the Others.

"Lost" star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is free and clear of two misdemeanor charges in Hawaii after prosecutors dropped their case against him.

The actor, who plays Mr. Eko on the ABC series, was charged with driving without a license and disobeying a police officer after being pulled over in the wee hours of Sept. 2. In a hearing Tuesday, which Akinnuoye-Agbaje did not attend, his lawyer was able to show that Akinnuoye-Agbaje had a valid California license at the time of his arrest.

The disobeying-an-officer count was dropped, a Honolulu prosecutor's office spokesman tells the Star-Bulletin newspaper, because it couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

So, yeah, no DUI.

It was all about bringing back Bernard, everyone else was just excessive, Bernard is THE KEY.

And don't forget, we got Desmond out of the 2nd season, and Be 'Henry Gale' Linus, so it's not a total wash.

It was all about bringing back Bernard, everyone else was just excessive, Bernard is THE KEY.

And don't forget, we got Desmond out of the 2nd season, and Be 'Henry Gale' Linus, so it's not a total wash.

You honestly think those two are going to last? Seriously, outside of Jack, Kate, and Sawyer, everyone else is like a second bananna on this show. Tonight has really made me question how reliable this show is.

They better have a damn good reason why the smoke killed Eko. When they had their encounter in Season 2, it left him alone. So why the fuck would it suddenly decide that he HAD to die? He hadn't done anything to warrant being massacred by the thing if it's a sentient being.

That was easily the worst death thus far in LOST. Makes no sense whatsoever. On one of the most popular characters in the show even.

Someone mentioned it above - Eko's last encounter with his brother saw Yemi (however you spell it) telling Eko that the work being done in the hatch was important. Now that the hatch has imploded, Eko has failed, and Yemi demands that he confess his sins. Eko declines, and gets his ass kicked.

Curry - Eko's brother IS his brother. But the Yemi that Eko has been seeing on the island is, obviously, not.

And I guess I'm one of the few who's still really enjoying the show. Wiping so much of Season 2 out is odd (more the characters than the hatch), but it's not a dealbreaker. Not yet, anyway.

Hey you know what this reminds me of?

How Alias was sooo much better its first two seasons than the other 4.

Maybe JJ just can't write more than a couple chapters.

1.) Alias only had 5 seasons and the 5th was stopped halfway through, then came back to wrap up the series(and season 5 wasn't that bad until they knew it would be cancelled).

2.) Seasons 1-3 were good, the first two were the strongest, but season 3 was solid.

3.) JJ Abrams wasn't writing Season 4 or 5 due to Lost and other works.

4.) JJ is still the shit.

They better have a damn good reason why the smoke killed Eko. When they had their encounter in Season 2, it left him alone. So why the fuck would it suddenly decide that he HAD to die? He hadn't done anything to warrant being massacred by the thing if it's a sentient being.

That was easily the worst death thus far in LOST. Makes no sense whatsoever. On one of the most popular characters in the show even.

They seem to kill off characters that they can't think of what to do with (Boone, Shannon, Ana). That's why I'm thinking Desmond is next. He was a big part of season 2's finale, and now they've had him do very little. He'll be dead in this seasons finale, if not sooner.

Hopefully the only reason that Paulo and Nikki came along for the hike is so that they can die.

Have to agree there. Can we get these two off the fucking show please? Charlie, you can go with them.

I didn't like the smoke picking up Eko and swinging him around to kill him. All along I thought they said that they would never stray to far into Sci-Fi, but they have a smoke monster that can materialize, pick up people and kill them?

I did really like Eko's last speech, how he regretted nothing and asked for forgiveness for nothing. That was pretty bad ass.

Cuse & Lindelof spin is that Adebisi didn't want to make a long term committment to the show and they all agreed to end his committment early this season. General word is that Adebisi didn't get along with Terry O'Quinn at all and it was causing trouble, so it was basically get rid of one of them time. Either way, I can't get over how retarded the big smoke hand looked.

Cuse & Lindelof spin is that Adebisi didn't want to make a long term committment to the show and they all agreed to end his committment early this season. General word is that Adebisi didn't get along with Terry O'Quinn at all and it was causing trouble, so it was basically get rid of one of them time. Either way, I can't get over how retarded the big smoke hand looked.

'the hell? Well they could have just given them seperate plotlines, since everything they do seems to be intertwined with the other.

Anyways, I wish the show would go all out and make the island and Smokey actually be God, God of the old testement, full of wrath and all that. Not purgatory, but the island being a real place on our world where vengeful God lives, and they can establish he visited the oustide world in the old days and inspired religions, etc.

Anyone notice the Man of Faith vs. Man of Science is reprised with Benry as the MoF? Are he and Locke cut from the same cloth? Didn't Benry say he was headed towards camp to bring Locke back?

- Eko's brother isn't his brother? Huh?

It was just my interpretation, but I thought of it as a "you're dead to me. Don't consider me your brother." kind of thing. I might be completely wrong, but it - in my mind - was just Yemi telling Eko that he didn't consider them brothers anymore.

I didn't like the smoke picking up Eko and swinging him around to kill him. All along I thought they said that they would never stray to far into Sci-Fi, but they have a smoke monster that can materialize, pick up people and kill them?

I did really like Eko's last speech, how he regretted nothing and asked for forgiveness for nothing. That was pretty bad ass.

I couldn't agree more, Dubs, on either point. The show's better when it has natural, logical, believable explanations for things. Having the smoke monster actually manipulate a living person is a bit too sci-fi for me.

And, yeah, Eko's speech to his "brother" was hardcore. It was a good speech to go out on.

So......what was the point of introducing the Tailies if they were all just killed off less than a full season later?

No, seriously, I want to know, what was the point?

I don't think that they planned on Michelle Rodriguez being a douche on-set or Libby (sorry, the actress' name escapes me) getting the chance to star on another show. AAA, no idea if they planned on offing him before his arrest or not, but I'm presuming that the writers/producers would select someone other than Rodriguez and "Libby" if they could go back and do it over again. And, presumably, not kill them off in an anticlimactic, two minute scene.

Having said all that, it was a pretty 'meh' episode for me. Quick thoughts: The video Juliette played for Jack was cool, but kind of predictable (if she's not double-crossing Jack, I'll be shocked) ... Ben was way too quick to admit that the X-rays were his ... There were SUCH better ways to introduce new survivors-between New Male hitting golf balls and acting like a dick to Desmond and the New Male & New Female tagging along to the Pearl, there hasn't been any moment of "who are you?" even though we the viewers haven't seen any interaction between the people we've known since episode 1 and these new characters. Inexplicable.

I think the point of the "what makes you think I'm your brother" (not sure the exact verbage) was the Yemi was an island manipulation (possibly by the smoke monster) and wasn't Eko's brother at all. He wasn't saying I'm not your brother anymore, it was a separate entity from Yemi and just took his form in Eko's mind or vision.

That was my read on it at least.

I don't think that they planned on Michelle Rodriguez being a douche on-set or Libby (sorry, the actress' name escapes me) getting the chance to star on another show. AAA, no idea if they planned on offing him before his arrest or not, but I'm presuming that the writers/producers would select someone other than Rodriguez and "Libby" if they could go back and do it over again. And, presumably, not kill them off in an anticlimactic, two minute scene.

Cynthia Watros. The worst part being is that I think her show was cancelled before it even got out of the gate.

I still think that the plan was to kill off Libby (but not Ana Lucia). I can understand Hurley not recognizing her, but Desmond getting back to the group, seeing the woman who funded his trip to the island now on the island and not recognizing her would have been too much. If she had lived there would have been way to much to deal with right away, and the writers have shown no desire to deal with things in a timely manner. She had damn well better be back in some flashbacks to explain what was going on though. There was too much Libby in major plot lines to not have her show up again in flashback scenes.

How don't you like Terry O'Quinn on set?

Here's my take on everything:

My explaniation is Yemi on tonight's episode, along with the other hallucinations Eko had was the smoke monster. When he first looked into it last season, it registered flashbacks from Eko's past and left him alone. It wasn't his time yet because he still had work to do in the hatch, which is what the Island told him later on in the season through Yemi again. Hatch blows up, all there's left to do now is for Eko to repent his past sins. He refuses, monster kills him off. This brings up the question why did it kill the pilot in the first place?

The whole "We're next" line is up in the air because it looks like Eko (..or is it the monster?) has quite a bit to say before he dies.

I also think the shot of Eko and his little brother walking off shows that they are now back together again and maybe it was Eko's destiny to demise at some point soon...which is actually what he kind of foreshadowed in his monologue right before his death.

One big thing that someone else mentioned his the fact how they are making the second season look even more pointless at this point. All that was is the advancement for the hatch and the ultimate demise of it (with alot of unanswered questions) and also the advancement of the Others and Ben.

My only problem with all this...how the fuck do you realistically explain it?

Damn, Lost is still the best show on TV. Good, logical Ep that I really enjoyed.

The monster: We've seen it physically manipulate someone before... remember Locke from the end of season one? Obviously, Yemi on the island was a manifestation of the monster. The other posters had it right, the monster told Eko to keep pushing the button. He stopped, the hatch was destroyed. The monster gave him a chance to repent and he didn't take it, so the monster killed him. Eko's arc was amazingly well done and I really enjoyed it. It was cool how they showed that Locke learned from him when he said, "don't mistake coincidence for fate."

They covered the fact of why people were accompanying Locke and Sayid. Remember, Hurley commented to Locke that Jack would have gone to the Pearl himself and taken care of things alone, but Locke told him he wasn't Jack. There are many ways to lead.

I, too, believe that Juliet and Ben are "playing" Jack, although I don't know if that's the right word. We've seen that the others are a group of extremes. Perhaps Ben figures he'll die without treatment anyway so he might as well use the experience as a method for testing/teaching Jack. I believe Juliet is in cahoots with Ben, obviously. I'm guessing they'll pit Ben's seemingly dangerous character against Jack's oath as a doctor... his benevolence. I don't think I buy Ben's change of faith, yet. Remember, he told Locke that God couldn't see the island any better than the rest of the world could. Of course, that was before the failsafe was activated.

The Second Season was so obviously important to the overall story that I still can't figure how people can find it pointless. There is NO wasted time or story on Lost. I hope this thread doesn't become too IWC for me.

Great episode... can't wait till next week.

This brings up the question why did it kill the pilot in the first place?

I don't think the creators had any conception of what was governing Lostzilla or what its motivations were at the outset of the series. It was a Mysterious Force that illustrated the survivors were neither alone nor safe on the island.

I think the viewing audience at large is starting to get fed up with the molasses-slow burn and inconsistencies and bail on the show. Ratings have been dropping all season, to the point that Criminal Minds has started coming in ahead of Lost. Yuck. Makes sense, though. It's not even the simple mysteries that are getting left unanswered--it's plain, simple things. Do the people on the beach not care that Michael and Walt got a boat and escaped the island? Does no one care that Michael killed Ana Lucia and Libby? I mean, these are huge things, and they haven't been mentioned once. The writers are working so hard to get away from everything they did that it's just leaving huge gaps, labyrinthan mysteries, and a terribly dull "love triangle" as the main focus of the show. Blech.

And Spicy, you seriously manage to blow my mind, no matter what thread or folder you're in.

Maybe they should focus less on bullshit subliminal marketing and web site mazes and focus on the plot of the show. Seriously, no wonder the ratings are declining.

if it turns out that Juliet and Ben are still playing Jack that might turn me off from the show as a whole. or at least switch to "wait for dvd" mode like I do with some shows.

In general I find The Others to be insufferably boring, and frankly their weirdness isn't 'out there' enough to put up with.

Last night was the first time all season I found The Others to be compelling, with Juliet's little attempted coup. If all that turns out to be yet another "ooh weird psychological expirement", then fuck em.

Sign in to follow this