TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I guess that could work.

But she asked him to kill him...not use him for some outlandish scheme.

What she asked Jack for would indicate that she would help him if he killed Ben...

Instead...Ben isn't dead and Jack is trying to call the shots

I liked last nights episode, but would have liked a couple of things cleared up going into the break. Anything really, just throw us a frickin' bone already.

I think that Jack realized that everything the Others do is a set up and it was all directed to get him to perform the surgery. Even Juliet's Dylan card show was somehow worked in and they clearly let him out to see Kate and Sawyer together. Now the question is, does Jack actually have a good plan, or will it blow up in his face.

Oh, and the Kate flashback was terrible and not very useful to anything.

While it was a good episode, it was way too Sawyer/Kate/Jack centric for my liking. I originally liked the show because it was so different than everything else on TV ... and now they show more of a love triangle than ANYTHING ELSE. The best thing on last night's episode, IMHO, was Locke seeing the scripture on the bible stick ... and then they never showed them again. At this point, the things that are happening on the original island are WAY more interesting to me than what's happening to Ben, or between Sawyer & Kate, or pretty much anything on Other Island. If I wanted a soap opera, I'd watch a soap opera.

I mean, for fuck's sake, one of the "spoilers" on the previous page is that there will be an episode that explains how Jack gets his tattoos ... is there anyone that really cares about that? That's going to make me fiend for the Spring Season ... how will I be able to sleep with such nervous anticipation about such a crucial plot point? Of all the things that they've forgotten about that COULD be addressed and SHOULD be addressed, I can't believe that they're going to waste time on that.

Oh, and the Kate flashback was terrible and not very useful to anything.
Any reason to show Kate looking that hot, that frequently, is a-Ok in my book.

Yeah, how about addressing Walt's magical powers or what happened when he was with the fucking Others! I don't even really care about how Locke got in a wheelchair anymore, let alone Jack's gay as tattoos.

Spoilers for the Jack gets Tattoos episode:

"Yooo, Jack!"

"Hey bro! This party's great!"

"You know would make it better bro? Some killer tats!"

"Right on!"

They go get some wicked tribal ink. Jack's dad disapproves.

LOST

Let's not forget the most important quote of the night!

"Shephard wasn't even on Jacob's list."

That one is gonna come back, in spades.

I dislike the Fall Finale's because it is a lack of a cliffhanger.

Last year for Prison Break the escape was delayed, and they left us with T-Bag threatening to cut everyone in the room.

Lost was going pretty good, had they left it at Sawyer down on his knees about to get shot, that would have been suspenseful, and then February open with Jack walkie-talking to Kate, that would have been a good cliffhanger.

Let's not forget the most important quote of the night!

"Shephard wasn't even on Jacob's list."

That one is gonna come back, in spades.

A theory that has been tossed around is that Jacob is one of the Others that was killed by Ana-Lucia and Eko in season two.

So, when Ben showed Sawyer their "home" he told him that the beach they were looking at was the North point of the island, no? And where did Eko's stick tell Locke to look? :) I have no problem with Locke being the hero.

Too many whiners. Moving on...

I thought last night was pretty good. Like other posters, I think Jack correctly figured out that Juliet and her secret request were part of the plan, hopefully he knew from the start. Jack is still Jack, which I love. So, he did what he could and took matters into his own hands. Obviously, the Alex storyline shows that there IS a way off the alcatraz. Kate and Sawyer were witnesses to that conflict, so I'm sure rescuing Alex will be part of the plan once they find a safe place to hide. Then they can escape.

I agree, Jacob is probably one of the Others that Eko killed... he might also be Eye Patch.

The other line I loved was Jack saying, "and get me someone who can hold a damn clamp." Awesome.

The one weird thing about the episode was it mad Ben seem really weak and that there was dissention among the Others after all. It seemed that the Others had all been patiently waiting for him to go under the knife to go kill Sawyer amongst other things.

I think if Ben doesn't survive then there is a lot more trouble ahead for the survivors. The Others seem afraid of him and as soon as he is unconcious they go to kill one of the prisoners.

Sounds like a lot is going on behind his back, but for some reason they are too scared to overthrow him.

I really doubt Ben will die, because we haven't seen why he is so powerful yet.

Kate and Sawyer better get away. I'm so sick of "everything is part of the others plan" nonsense. That's why I liked yesterdays' episode, finally "we" got one up over The Others, Jack owned them and had em by the balls. If the Losties fuck this up, fuck em.

btw the voice on the intercom that told Jack to try the door was clearly Alex.

Guest Vitamin X

I thought it was a great episode, and I for one enjoy the whole Sawyer/Kate/Jack side of the island. I will say this much, though, if Sawyer gets offed, that would give me an incentive to stop watching the show. He's my favorite character, and I know I'm not alone in it, so yeah that would be pretty stupid.

If we're going to learn more about the Others in the next part of the season, I'll find it interesting if they make the Others look like good people and the lostaways look like complete assholes for what they've done, similar to what happened last season with the Tailies.

I think maybe Ben has some of that psychic power or something? And that's why he's powerful? I don't know.

I don't think anyone can argue this season is MUCH better than last season, and the show might overall be much better if we just discard everything that happened last year save for a few things.

It would honestly take a lot of work for me to feel like The Others are good. Just the acts like kidnapping the kids, and going onto the boat with guns and such alone puts them in the "get what they deserve" category. The girl Sun shot absolutely deserved it, that's what you get when you start trying to steal and threaten.

To say nothing of the people Ethan and Goodwin killed (Scott/Steve, whichever was the one that died, and the guy Goodwin snapped). And retaliation for Eko's bludgening means nothing to me since they were kidnapping people. Try to kidnap me or one of my kids, and I have no problem killing you.

And then there's Charlie being strung up by the neck.

Thinking back now, I think the character arc would work much better for Charlie if he had just died when he'd been strung up. Jack could still pound on his chest, deciding "not to give up", but he just wouldn't come back to life. It seems like his character's been completely worthless since that episode.

Oh, and at least one character should have died in the hatch in last season's finale. I mean Eko died two episodes later anyway, why not just finish him in the hatch. It apparently "exploded" now (according to Locke this week), even though they said it imploded before. Either way, that seems like something that should kill a man.

They should have said Locke escaped just before it imploded, Desmond was in the inner sanctum and managed to survive, but was horribly disfigured and has new powers, and Eko died in the implosion. Not a kind of die, and then drag it out for three episodes before dying of something completely stupid that has nothing to do with what was killing him before. I mean I thought being held captive by a polar bear was stupid, but being slammed around by a smoke monster? Give me a break.

Lost is getting put back to 10 freaking PM

from aintitcoolnews.com

“Lost’s” first season ran at 8 p.m.; its second season ran at 9 p.m.; and, beginning with the Feb. 7 seventh episode of its third season, it will run at 10 p.m.

The move will get it out of the way of Fox’s “American Idol,” NBC’s “Deal or No Deal” and CBS’ “Criminal Minds.”

It also looks like “Day Break” is leaving the old “Lost” slot earlier than expected, perhaps never to return.

This is not good news. Ratings have been at an all-time low and this shows a complete lack of faith by the network in the programs ability to get viewers back into it. Fans have been bitching since the first episode and while I can personally say I've enjoyed the season thus far they've completely fucked themselves and they know it.

Ratings have been low, so they move it to a new timeslot against easier competition. Sounds like a great move to me.

Can't they show "racier" stuff now that it is on later?

I should have listened to you guys sooner. A friend showed me the first 4 episodes of the series over the summer, and now I'm hooked. I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD and have watched them repeatedly, and I've of course seen all 6 season 3 episodes. I even have some of the books and the Todd McFarlane figurines. This has been the first non-wrestling show I have watched regularly in 5 years or so. It's fucking fantastic.

Cool! It's nice to have a new recruit, and know that somebody out there still loves the show as much as I do.

Yeah, man. I'm counting the days til February 7th. I just hope to God they don't kill off Sawyer. He and Locke are my 2 favorite characters.

Sign in to follow this