TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

This show'd better deliver on Wednesday or it's officially off of my rotation.

It's already off of mine. Once again, ABC's done what seems to be impossible and made three hit shows unwatchable. I can't wait to see how they fuck up Dancing with the Stars. Well, not really, since I don't watch the show, but you get the idea...

This thread probably has the greatest drop-off ratio of posters compared to how many were all up ons Lost when it first aired.

Fucking writers and fucking Abrams.

I read the spoilers for tonight's episode and I'm definitely not interested. More of the same, and I hope you guys enjoy yet another episode that

never visits the main island or anybody on it.

This thread probably has the greatest drop-off ratio of posters compared to how many were all up ons Lost when it first aired.

I blame Rudo as well...

Locke was in like 18 episodes of Alias as FBI Assistant Director Kendall and did a pretty good job.

He's also Mitch's boss in Old School, and Peter Motherfuckin' Watts in Millennium. Terry O'Quinn is the man, and not just because we have the same last name. :P

I read the spoilers for tonight's episode and I'm definitely not interested. More of the same, and I hope you guys enjoy yet another episode that

never visits the main island or anybody on it.

That's not too surprising. They have to wrap up the loose ends from the last episode along with

the fates of Ben, Jack, Kate, and MOTHERFUCKIN SAWYER~!

. That's a lot of ground to cover.

I'm new to Lost. I have watched Season One & it has been kind of a bonding thing for my fiancee and me because we both enjoy it, but I find the show exasperating.

Perhaps this has already been covered in the thread, but do you guys feel like they just keep on opening up these new questions and never answering them?

Hey, it's

Jack's dad on the island

!

Hey, it's a

fucking polar bear

!

Hey,

Locke has weird visions of Boon dying

!

Some of these things are what makes the show exciting, but it just seems like they could at least answer one question every now & then before bringing up 20 new ones.

Yeah, later timeslot isn't too great in my oppinion but I was impressed by tonights episode. I don't know if it was just that I wanted Lost back on, or if this episode was really good compared to earlier this season. Either way, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and Ill be watching again next week

It was a pretty good episode, but i wanted more of the other cast members. The cast seems to have gotten rather large and unwieldy. Also I find the Others to be very boring villians.

Interesting background on Juliet's flashbacks. Seeing Ethan alive was a mark-out moment, apparently Mittlework is somehow behind The Others going to the island.

All I gotta say is fuck the haters. This show is fantastic. People are so used to the ADHD style of storytelling that has plagued shows and films in recent years, and want everything at once. This style of story is slower for a reason, it builds a deeper emotional bond with the characters. Everyone has some insanely lofty expectations for it that are incredibly unfair and unreasonable. No other show on TV has ever been turned on so quickly and put under such a huge microscope and it's sad that it may actually effect it's future.

They're trying to do something unique, if you're smart enough to just stop second guessing everything the writers are doing you may actually enjoy the ride. I know I am.

The first season was something unique and is still totally wonderful TV--a true ensemble piece with a handful of great gimmicks and ballsy storytelling. The second season had its moments but started to get bogged down. The third, so far, is uninspired soap opera blended with piss-poor sci-fi cheese. And a guy shaking a bunny.

FYI, Smitty: none of the things you put in spoiler tags (and you definitely don't need to tag stuff from the first two seasons) have ever been explained.

I thought tonight was a great episode.

Juliet is a prisoner? Cool.

Juliet is a killer? Badass. She smoked Danny, no questions asked.

Juliet knows how to make people pregnant through science? Well, I'm a scientist so I thought that was cool although impossible.

What the fuck were they doing to Carl? Damn, talk about torture.

And next week,

Sayid, Locke, and Kate lead the rescue party for Jack and a very large building gets blown the f' up. Nice.

Listen - I think I'm one of the few people who never lost faith in this show, but tonight leads me to believe that they are going to rock it out the rest of the season.

The first season was something unique and is still totally wonderful TV--a true ensemble piece with a handful of great gimmicks and ballsy storytelling. The second season had its moments but started to get bogged down. The third, so far, is uninspired soap opera blended with piss-poor sci-fi cheese. And a guy shaking a bunny.

FYI, Smitty: none of the things you put in spoiler tags (and you definitely don't need to tag stuff from the first two seasons) have ever been explained.

Actually have to disagree with you there. Jack's Dad was supposedly a hallucination brought on by stress and lack of sleep and the Polar Bears were part of the Others' (possibly Dharma before them, if they aren't Dharma members themselves) animal experiments. These answers, whether proven completely correct or not, can be inferred from previous episodes. In Jack's case the easiest answer is currently the best one and his self-evaluation was probably correct. The information the Others have about the second island and the aside Tom makes about them solving the cage reward system indicates they were probably studying them. It's not too much of a stretch that the Bears could swim to the main island after being released somehow.

Locke's dream about Boone on the otherhand was not explained. Locke's had dreams due to that hallucinogenic drug he's used in a few cases, but this one like the one's with Mr. Eko were due to something as yet unexplained. They'll more than likely tie that loose end up when they get into the Smoke monster and what it really is. At least, hopefully they will.

All I gotta say is fuck the haters. This show is fantastic. People are so used to the ADHD style of storytelling that has plagued shows and films in recent years, and want everything at once

I love serial dramas, there are my favorite. I hate shows like CSI and Law and Order. However, LOST isn't doing it for me anymore. They are asking too many questions and not answering the past ones. They need to finish up old storylines before they tell new ones. Too many of them just get annoying.

This is what I like; introducing a storyline in the beginning of a season and answering it at the end of the season. Use the whole year to tell one story and throw a bunch of a little ones in that one season. Veronica Mars did this perfectly. Season's 1 and 2 were all about this. (not anymore, which is a whole different argument).

Basically, the writers don't know what they are doing. They are just making it up as they go, that is what is hurting the show and that is what is turning off viewers. I'm still going to watch because I do like LOST. I just don't love it anymore.

I loved the first season of Lost, but stopped watching late in the second season. The characters had stopped acting like human beings. The flashbacks became increasingly unnecessary, and that was the only way they developed characters, because they weren't shown interacting anymore.

A lot of the characters I really liked (particularly Sayid) were lost in the shuffle due to the introduction of the

pointless tail survivors (well Eko was cool).

I mean they went from a dynamic cast of characters actually trying to explore and escape the island to sitting, bored on the beach, and literally sitting in a boring-ass bunker punching in numbers on a computer. Way to take advantage of the lush scenery, on that note.

They're trying to do something unique, if you're smart enough to just stop second guessing everything the writers are doing you may actually enjoy the ride. I know I am.

But that's just the point, if they were still telling interesting stories with interesting characters, I wouldn't care all that much about guessing the big giant secret. They aren't anymore. I don't even care if the big resolution is brilliant and mind-blowing. I'm not going to sit through two more seasons of boredom and wooden characters to get there.

EHME, I have to agree about the interesting characters getting lost in the shuffle, no pun intended. Was there even a fucking REASON for introducing two new "forward section" survivors to the main cast? Why? What purpose do they serve other than to annoy us with their horrible acting. Seriously, what are the odds that both of the new cast members are shit at their delivery?

That said, as expected, last nights show didn't deliver. To me, anyways. Therefore I can now do something else on Wednesday nights.

No other show on TV has ever been turned on so quickly and put under such a huge microscope and it's sad that it may actually effect it's future.

200px-Kyle_MacLachlan_Twin_Peaks.jpg

Agent Cooper would have to disagree with you.

All I gotta say is fuck the haters. This show is fantastic. People are so used to the ADHD style of storytelling that has plagued shows and films in recent years, and want everything at once. This style of story is slower for a reason, it builds a deeper emotional bond with the characters. Everyone has some insanely lofty expectations for it that are incredibly unfair and unreasonable. No other show on TV has ever been turned on so quickly and put under such a huge microscope and it's sad that it may actually effect it's future.

You're absolutely right. But for that reason I cannot watch that show. It moves too slowly for me to get involved because I need answers RIGHT NOW and this show doesn't do it for me. I watched the lost special last night and the synopses of each season were enough for me.

Part of me wants to theorize, etc. etc, and part of me wants to kill the writers because they want me to theorize and keep watching the show.

By extension of that you're blaming the entire WWE Folder.

Which is totally cool. Just sayin'.

Since I rarely venture into the wrestling folders anymore, I only know the basics of what went down in there. I really don't need - or care - to know more than what I've learned already.

And since Rudo's not here anymore (unless he's lurking), I'll just blame him. It's easier that way.

It's Andre Drazen from 24 (season 1) playing Julilette's ex husband

I looked at it more as: Look, it's Gov. James Devlin from Oz.

I'm kinda in the middle on this episode, didn't love it, didn't hate it. After all that time off I'd forgotten about a couple of things and had to "oh yeah" when they came up. I'll stick with it, but it's not the must see show it used to be

I like how they got away from the million mind games that were being played between Ben, Juliette, Kate, Sawyer, and Jack. Now there is a little more clarity and I think it's good to start moving forward more.

Not sure if anyone thought of this, but Juliette had the technology to impregnate a woman who apparently couldnt concieve naturally. Has anyone thought of Russo's Alex being one of those babies?

Sign in to follow this